Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I enter a verification code for a two-factor authentication in Quicken Mobile App?

Unknown
Unknown Member
How do I enter a verification code for a two-factor authentication in Quicken Mobile App? One of my banks recently started requiring two-factor authentication to log in. When I'm using my desktop version of Quicken it prompts me to enter the code the bank texts or emails me in order to proceed, so that works fine. But when the mobile app attempts to update my balances and the bank starts emailing or texting me the codes to enter to complete the two-step login process I have no way to enter it. Does the Quicken mobile app support two-factor authentication? If so how can enable it to prompt me to enter the access code when attempting to log into that account?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited July 2018
    Hey Don,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

Are you using the Windows or the Mac version?

Do you have to enter the 2 steps verification code every time you update transactions?

Can you also include the name of the bank and the connection type?

Let us know so we can assist you further!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Are you using the Windows or the Mac version?

I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2018 version R8.10 for Windows on my desktop, although the problem  seems to be with my Apple/IOS mobile app, not the Windows desktop version.

When I am at my desktop and attempt to update the account in question and it requests the two-step authentication code Quicken will pop up a window and prompt me to enter the code. No such thing occurs when the mobile app attempts to access the account, which it also must do on its own in background periodically to update the balances, as I will frequently receive emails with access codes asking me to enter them when I have not recently opened Quicken either on the desktop or the app.

Do you have to enter the 2 steps verification code every time you update transactions?

Yes, this institution has recently upgraded their security and apparently now requires two-step verification every single time customers log on from any device, and there doesn't appear to be any way out of that.

Can you also include the name of the bank and the connection type?

The company is Health Equity, they manage my Health Savings Account, I don't think they're actually a bank. I connect to them via www.healthequity.com

Thanks for looking into this and assisting.

Don Kelly
  • Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello Don,

When you login to the app, are you prompted to enter your two-factor code and you're having trouble obtaining it and returning to the Quicken app to enter the code? Or is there nowhere to enter the code after Health Equity has sent it to you?

Can you provide any screenshots of the screens you're seeing in the app?

Looking forward to your response!

Alex
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    When I login to the app I am not prompted to enter the two-factor code, just my usual Quicken sign in name and password. And there is nowhere in the app that I've been able to find to enter the two-factor code once Health Equity sends it to me.

The only indication I have in the app that the Health Equity login has failed is that my account information has not updated for quite some time (as you can see by the dates, compared to my other accounts, in the attached screen shots), and an error message on one page telling me it's having problems logging into the account.

• Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello Don,

Apologies for the delayed response. It seems Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) through HealthEquity may not be supported in the application, but we have no clear way to confirm the FI's mobile/MFA abilities unfortunately.

What happens when you click the yellow area/exclamation point in the screenshot (above)? Do you get any additional information or instructions on how to proceed?

Thank you,

Alex
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    I'm having the same issue, also with HealthEquity ... which holds my wife's HSA account.
    Every morning, at about 7am Central, One Step Update (on my desktop Q) attempt to download from  HealthEquity, among my other FI's. 

AND, every morning (for a while now, but recently) that has failed ...  requiring me to repeat the download manually so that HealthEquity can send me a MFA code to input into Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Nothing happens when I click on the yellow area/exclamation point. It is just a message, not "clickable".
This discussion has been closed.