List early pay discount on check voucher

Most of our suppliers allow for an early pay discount if we pay within the first 10 days of receipt of their invoice. It would be useful if this amount could be reflected on the check voucher when are claiming a discount for a bill. Since this is common in many industries could you add this functionality to the Create Bill screen and have it reflect on the printed check voucher?
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That ability already exists.  Just set up an "Early Payment" invoice item with the negative dollar amount.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Veronica MyersVeronica Myers Member
    edited October 2018
    That is what I currently have to do but it does not solve the issue. I need the short-paid amount to show up on the voucher so the vendor knows which invoice I am claiming the discount on.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

That is what I currently have to do but it does not solve the issue. I need the short-paid amount to show up on the voucher so the vendor knows which invoice I am claiming the discount on.

Have you set your voucher checks to show invoice detail?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Veronica MyersVeronica Myers Member
    edited November 22

Last I knew that still was not an option in Quicken. I've asked several times over the years for them to add that functionality as well.