Can't re-enable downloads (or re-add) Citibank accounts

I have two Citibank accounts on direct connect. Downloads stopped working last week when the bank inserted a demand to make a choice on go paperless. I got a Quicken error I can't remember that basically said go to the website and make your choice. I went to the website, said no to paperless, but it did not fix the eror.

Per usual trouble shooting, I de-activated downloads on both accounts.  Now I cannot re-activate downloads on either one. If I edit either one of the accounts I get the error "Retry. Temproary Issue with the FI.Login response. Kindly retry...  ccscrape.102"

If I try and create a new account, I get the error "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers." 

Any advice, before I go to chat support? I am worried they'll tell me to export the file and read it back in, which the last time I had to do it deleted a lot of category detail, so I'd rather not if there's any other way. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• Rick -Q17P UserRick -Q17P User Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have Citi also but is set up for web connect vice direct.  As of this writing I was able download transactions without any issue using the web connect as I was checking to see if I had the same issue as Citi does make changes now and again.

As far as the paperless issue, were you receiving paper statements?  I dont see any coorelation to that being an issue as it has nothing to do with the transaction download.
    Have you spoke with citi ref this issue?  Just asking.
    There may be an issue with the file, have you tried validating the data file yet?
  • David HochmanDavid Hochman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks -- yes, was receiving paper, and want to continue. I don't think that's the issue any more. It's simply what caused the download to fail the first time, but it should have nothing to do with being able to reenable downloads now that I've confirmed I want to continue. I don't believe that Quicken Mac has a file-validate function, and Citi tech support is hopeless.
  • Rick -Q17P UserRick -Q17P User Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sorry, I don't have Q Mac software on my IPad but there are others in here that know more about Mac ware than I. 
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has or may further cause.  We are currently investigating reports of receiving a CC-502 error code, OL-295-A in Quicken for Windows and a HTTP 403 error code, ccscrape.102 error or OL-295-A error in Quicken for Mac when attempting to add accounts or download transactions.

Please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert A-0255.  The Support Agent will need to review your log files and possibly escalate this issue to our service providers for resolution.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has or may further cause.  We are currently investigating reports of receiving a CC-502 error code, OL-295-A in Quicken for Windows and a HTTP 403 error code, ccscrape.102 error or OL-295-A error in Quicken for Mac when attempting to add accounts or download transactions.

Please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert A-0255.  The Support Agent will need to review your log files and possibly escalate this issue to our service providers for resolution.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah, is the issue affecting all FIs or just Citibank?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi mshiggins,

Currently we have open issues for Citibank and Chase that we are investigating but these issues are not affecting all FI's.

Thanks!

Sarah
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Chase is working for me. Citi Cards is not. Error HTTP 403 trying to Direct Connect to Citi Cards. If disable downloads and try to reconnect, get "Quicken cannot communicate with Citi Cards". 

I forwarded my log files to your email.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • LucilleLucille Member
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Same for me.  Chase is fine.  Citi Cards does not connect with the same error message as RickO.
  • LucilleLucille Member
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

After the usual deactivate and try to reactivate via the support agent, the final answer was wait 24 hours and try to connect again.

If not, then try again in 48 hours.

Wow.  
  • FredFred Member
    edited May 2018
    Quicken indicated an HTTP 403 error with Citi, then a spinning circle while it downloaded over 500 duplicate transactions.
    edited May 2018
    Fred said:

Quicken indicated an HTTP 403 error with Citi, then a spinning circle while it downloaded over 500 duplicate transactions.

Fred, which connection method (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)? And which Citi FI name, "Citi Cards" or one of the others?
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Lucille,

This error has been escalated to our service providers for further investigation and resolution.  As soon as an update on this issue is received, I will be back to share the details.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Ralph LuaRalph Lua Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

I am having the same problem with Citi Card. Error HTTP 403 trying to Direct Connect to Citi Cards. I disabled downloads but can't reconnect. I get "Quicken cannot communicate with Citi Cards". It's been going on for two days.
  • Eagle22Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

I am having the same problem with Citi (Citi Cards)... I contacted them and they were no help. I am trying to use direct connect and it worked fine until two days ago. 

What is the status with this?
  • Eagle22Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Fred said:

I have same problem .. Direct Connect and "Citi Cards"... however I have not been able to download any so as of now I don't have and duplicates...

Here is what I see in the logs:

2018-05-25 12:48:20 +0000: HTTP error 403 from server:<HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Access Denied</H1>

You don't have permission to access 

Also, don't have any issue logging on to their website, but I was ask to change my password...
  • J. HolmesJ. Holmes Member ✭✭
    edited January 4
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Citibank Credit Card.

Greetings,

Does anyone know if either Citibank or Quicken stopped supporting direct connect connection type?  Since the most recent update, I can no longer download transactions from Citibank Credit Card.  After continuing to receive an error message for the past few days, I switched to quicken connect connection type.  

The error messaged that I received while attempting to utilize direct connect is --Oops.  We're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Citi Cards. HTTP 403

I am using Quicken Mac Deluxe 2018
    Version 5.6.1 (Build 56.22375.100)
    macOS 10.13.4
  • SnowmanSnowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Citi Cards.

The direct Connect for Quickbooks is not working and after a conference call between Quickbooks tech support Citi and myself (and a very rude Citi individual at that) it is clear that Citi knows about the problem but they are in NO hurry to fix it.  I am not sure about Quicken.  I do not use that card very often I might test it now to see if it is the same.  As a result I am closing my Citi Credit Card accounts.  They have been very difficult to work with over the years and this was the last straw...
    I am using both Quicken and Quickbooks in Windows but I would assume that this situation applies to the MAC version as well...

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Citibank Credit Card.
  • FredFred Member
    edited May 2018
    I am using Direct Connect with Citi Cards and have for years.  Unlike others, I do get the HTTP 403 error, but 15 seconds later I get the pinwheel and a download of hundreds of duplicate transactions from the past few months.
  • ShawnShawn Member
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR error for Citibank.

I haven't been able to connect to my Citibank accounts for the past few days.  Anyone else having this problem?  Running Quicken for Mac Deluxe 2018 5.6.1
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

yes, I'm having same problem.  Getting cc-502 error. Have not been able to download for about a week now.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR error for Citibank.
  • LucilleLucille Member
    edited May 2018

Have the same problem this morning.  This is the message box I got when updating:

And then this:

So...apparently something is up.  And not in a good way. 

Deactivated the account from downloads...and then couldn't re-connect them again to CitiCards via Direct Connect.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR error for Citibank.
    edited May 2018

Same here. FI = Citi Cards. Last connected successfully on Monday 5/21. QM 5.6.1.

Error HTTP 403 also. 

On deactivating downloads and trying to reconnect, get "Quicken cannot connect with Citi Cards".

• Bob GBob G Member
    edited May 2018

Confirmed here, Mac, Quicken 18 Version 5.6.1 (Build 56.22375.100). May have started after latest minor update two days ago. Wonder if there's a way to go back a version.

edited May 2018

Bob, It's not the version. Same behavior in 5.5.7. Just a coincidence.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Merging.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ol-295-a error for citi card download this morning. is anyone else getting this....

Was able to download citi card transactions last night.  This morning getting ol-295-a.
    Hope it's temporary but was wondering if others are getting this error.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.7 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • bnc0123bnc0123 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Yes I have the same problem error OL-295-A with Citi credit card
    Quicken 2018 Deluxe , Windows 10

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: ol-295-a error for citi card download this morning. is anyone else getting this....
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

Yes, but according to the message, the bank's servers are temporarily not accepting requests, try again later, so I will.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: ol-295-a error for citi card download this morning. is anyone else getting this....
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • WhatAmIMissingWhatAmIMissing Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

I'm having the same issue.

• JamesJames Member
    edited May 2018

Same issue here.

• leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22

I called Citi and they said there was no problem on their end.  They had me deactivate and reactivate online access and Citibank connection was reestablished but it pulled in a lot of old transactions that I had to delete.  It's working again.  As a test, I tried restoring a Quicken backup from a day ago to avoid having to delete the downloaded transactions and the error reappeared.  Something got changed with the connection to Citibank.  So I restored the most recent backup, deleted to the old downloaded transactions and retried the connection.  It worked.  Strange.
    Maybe just waiting a day would fix the problem.

Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.7 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
This discussion has been closed.