Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Budgets and Planning Tools (Mac)

Ability to set exact dates in budget view (1 Merged Vote)

MarciaMarcia Member
When viewing the main budget screen (not the "Edit Budget" view), I would like to be able to set the specific dates for displaying how I'm doing on my budget.  Right now, I can only choose Year-to-Date or Entire Budget Year totals.  On the first of the month, for example, I want to be able to set the dates from the beginning of the year to the last day of the previous month, so I can see how I was doing as of the end of the month.  If I look on the first of the month, the year-to-date picture is misleading.  Can we please have the ability to set the dates we want to see?  Thank you.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• revmatt70revmatt70 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I totally agree.  This is most frustrating that I can only see how well my budget is working by month or year-to-today's date.  I would like to know when May is over how I have done January till May 31.  Yet if today is not May 31, it is impossible to ever see such a budget - actual comparison.  PLEASE, make a place to edit budget date!!
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

The place to compare your actuals to your budget is in a Budget report (such as Reports > Spending > Current Budget).

You can choose any date range you like there.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • revmatt70revmatt70 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

From C. D. Bales:

The place to compare your actuals to your budget is in a Budget report (such as Reports > Spending > Current Budget).

I don't see the ability to do this in Quicken for Macs.  There is no option for Current Budget under Spending Reports.  If I am missing something, please explain further.  Regardless, I would like to see on the Budget tab a place to put any date including day, month, and year.
  • Jim HannahJim Hannah Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

From C. D. Bales:

This has been a problem for more than two years(I complained about Quicken for Mac 2017 then) on the Mac.  [removed - rant/off-topic]
  • I need to be able to customize the date range in the first column of the Budget tab, rather than just pick from the two options offered.  E.g., I would like a Year-to-End-of-Current-Month option.  Ideally, the start and end dates would be totally pickable fields.  Even if they are limited to the current year, being allowed flexibility for the consolidation range in the first column would be a tremendous help. It would also be nice if the spreadsheet could show by Quarter instead of only by Month.