Passwords for finacial institutions do not show/print. Only the Vault Password shows/prints

I recently upgraded to Quicken Premier 2018 for Windows.  In the past, I have always been able to print out my passwords for my One Step Update accounts and the Password Vault password using the printer icon under Password Vault... Add or Edit Passwords.  It prints my accounts users names, but no passwords.  (It does print the Vault Password, however).  Has anyone else seen this problem.  I think it worked when I first upgraded to Quicken Premier 2018, but not since the last release or two.  I am running release R9.30.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Confirmed. I'm on 2018 R 9.30, too. The passwords NOT printing is an unexpected change.
    Quicken should give me an option to print the passwords in clear text, if I so desire.
    I might need this list, for example, as an attachment to my last will and testament (which is kept in a safe place, away from spying eyes).
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello Tom & UKR,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.  I am also able to duplicate this in my Quicken for Windows 2018, R9.30. 

The Quicken ID password prints in plain text but not the Financial Institution's and so I have opened a ticket with Development to investigate further.

I'll be back to post updates as they are received but in the meantime, please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns I can assist with on this.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Art J FArt J F Member
    edited August 2018
    Quicken 2018 Password Vault Summary no longer prints passwords.  This is not an improvement.  Please fix this asap.
  • Joe RashJoe Rash Member
    edited June 2018
    UKR said:

Confirmed. I'm on 2018 R 9.30, too. The passwords NOT printing is an unexpected change.
    Quicken should give me an option to print the passwords in clear text, if I so desire.
    I might need this list, for example, as an attachment to my last will and testament (which is kept in a safe place, away from spying eyes).

I wanted list for my executor also.
    Update: I too called support & assured they will follow up on Tom's & your reports or this issue as noted in Quicken Rep Sarah's comment below.
  • Jeff BJeff B Member
    edited August 2018
    I just updated Quicken 2018 to version R9.34 and tested the print function of the vault.  Issue is unchanged, still only prints the vault password.
  • GeoGeo Member
    edited August 2018
    Note that this problem also exists in Quicken 2016 (Windows at least), so not just Quicken 2018.  QW2016 used to print passwords but some update in the last few months changed it.  Running the latest update R17.4 (25.1.17.24).
  • LindaLinda Member
    edited August 2018
    Geo said:

Note that this problem also exists in Quicken 2016 (Windows at least), so not just Quicken 2018.  QW2016 used to print passwords but some update in the last few months changed it.  Running the latest update R17.4 (25.1.17.24).

I also have the same problem on R17.4.  chat person said it was because of the subscription plan.  I don't have that and just want to print or export my account files with userids and passwords.  This stopped with no warning.  Sorry I upgraded.
  • LindaLinda Member
    edited July 2018

Hello Tom & UKR,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.  I am also able to duplicate this in my Quicken for Windows 2018, R9.30. 

The Quicken ID password prints in plain text but not the Financial Institution's and so I have opened a ticket with Development to investigate further.

I'll be back to post updates as they are received but in the meantime, please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns I can assist with on this.

Thank you,

Sarah

This is a problem with Quicken for Windows 2016 R17.4 too.  I wish I had known beforehand so that I could have exported the file to a spreadsheet.
  • Kevin CorkeryKevin Corkery Member
    edited August 2018
    Geo said:

This has nothing to do with the subscription service.  It is either an introduced bug or withdraw of a feature.  This is a critical need for the reasons cited above.  A fix is required or a reasonable alternative should be provided.

• Art J FArt J F Member
    edited June 2018
    Geo said:

This is not an upgrade, it is a downgrade.  There is a vague promise that someone, somewhere is looking into this, but so far, nothing.
    I entered into this subscription plan fearing I would lose functionality after my previous version "expired."  Instead I lost this function because I "updated."
    My passwords are now being held hostage?
  • TimTim Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have the same problem.  Spent a half hour with Tech Support validating the file, etc.  Was finally told to recreate my Password Vault...did that with still no passwords to print.  Was then told that's all Quicken could do.  Ver. 2018 9.34.Quicken Home & Business.
    Need for Executor File to manage financial affairs should I go "legs up".

Tim
  • Carolyn WenelCarolyn Wenel Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Deluxe 2017 for windows. Why am I suddenly unable to print my passwords ....

Quicken Deluxe 2017 for windows.  Why does the print function in the vault no longer print passwords?  All I get are user id and bank name,  The right side of the page is blank.  I've been doing this since quicken started, and I've been using 2017 since it came out.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Deluxe 2017 for windows. Why am I suddenly unable to print my passwords ....

Quicken Deluxe 2017 for windows.  Why does the print function in the vault no longer print passwords?  All I get are user id and bank name,  The right side of the page is blank.  I've been doing this since quicken started, and I've been using 2017 since it came out.

Hi @ Carolyn Wenel ,

Restore your last Manual Backup. Sometimes Updating to a New Release, will wipe out the Saved Passwords in the Password Vault. Restoring the last Manual Backup with restore everything, without missing a beat.

I had my Passwords wiped out going from R 15.15 to R 16.2 on one computer and on another computer, it updated fine.
    edited August 2018

My passwords must be there as I'm able to use quicken as usual.  All banks work.  So they weren't wiped out.  They have always printed before.
    edited August 2018

This appears to be a bug introduced by an automatic update.  I know my passwords are there as Quicken is able to sign onto my banks.  Since someone has already recreated the vault and still no printing, I hope quicken is working on this.

• csshullcsshull Member
    edited August 2018
    This has gone on way to long.  If Quicken is not going to fix it or it is one of their planned security features to protect me from myself, let us know so we can move on to another product. I will not purchase another year of a product that doesn't performed as advertised.  
  • Art J FArt J F Member
    edited August 2018
    csshull said:

This has gone on way to long.  If Quicken is not going to fix it or it is one of their planned security features to protect me from myself, let us know so we can move on to another product. I will not purchase another year of a product that doesn't performed as advertised.  

Yes.
    I downloaded another update this week and was disappointed to find the problem still exists.
  • otisbrickerotisbricker Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree. And IF it was a new 'feature' they should have warned in big bold type that it would happen.
  • Art J FArt J F Member
    edited August 2018
    Ironically, to reach the printed Password Vault I have to enter my vault password twice.  The Printed or View Onscreen lists do not contain the financial institution passwords, just the username.
  • Jeff BJeff B Member
    edited August 2018
    I hope that the fix for this issue is in QA by now and will be released soon.   I know that the larger the development team the longer the iteration from bug reporting to software release can be. Can anyone from quicken give us a time table when a fix may be released. 
  • M WaxM Wax Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have the same problem. It is an important piece of information to have printed for my spouse and family. I have Windows Home and business.
  • mrputtputtmrputtputt Member
    edited December 2018
    @ thecreator

I tried deleting, exit and recreate. It is saving since update works. But you still cannot print it out. It was a PITA having to do and remember, do password resets, etc. I'm also on 2016 Premium R17.4 like a few here (or at least on 17.4)

Intuit seems to be on the track of going backwards. Not a good thing knowing there are competitors out there now and I'll be up for either staying put w/o downloads, or upgrade to the subscription model, or just do away completely and migrate to another competitor. 
  • M WaxM Wax Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    M Wax said:

I have the same problem. It is an important piece of information to have printed for my spouse and family. I have Windows Home and business.

Please do not edit my comments. There was no foul language. If I criticize the Quicken team the community should be able to read it and make their own opinions. I have given up on calling tech support for the wait times and then getting a tech that appears to not have the answer or fix I am looking for. At that time I was looking for help with the Mac version. I have now given up after one year with that version and rely only on the windows version now. It is frustrating to realize what worked before does not work now. For example the password print out from the password vault. This is an issue with testing the product before releasing updates. It exemplifies the quality of the work being done. I do like the product and do hope they remedy the issue. 
  • Art J FArt J F Member
    edited August 2018
    New update today.
    Financial institution passwords still not showing or printing.
    This is very frustrating.

When will this be fixed?  Ever?
  • M WaxM Wax Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Agreed. Very frustrating. It would be nice to get a confirmation from them on this thread that they are aware of the issue and are working to fix the issue.
  • LindaLinda Member
    edited July 2018

Hello Tom & UKR,

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah, any updates?
  • Art J FArt J F Member
    edited July 2018

I haven't found one yet. Anyone else?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello All,

Thank you again for taking the time to report this bug to us.  We have received an update on the ticket with Development, a solution has been created that is tentatively anticipated to be part of the July release for Quicken coming later this month.

Please note, this is an estimate that is subject to delay if any additional issues or problems are found during the testing phase of the release. 

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Jeff BJeff B Member
    edited July 2018
    Thank you Sara

Knowing a timeline will relieve most of the anxiety that I was feeling with this option not working. I rely on the ability to print out the passwords when I have an issue with the bank download and it was debilitating not being able to use this feature.

Hopefully it can make the July update.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

@ thecreator

I tried deleting, exit and recreate. It is saving since update works. But you still cannot print it out. It was a PITA having to do and remember, do password resets, etc. I'm also on 2016 Premium R17.4 like a few here (or at least on 17.4)

Intuit seems to be on the track of going backwards. Not a good thing knowing there are competitors out there now and I'll be up for either staying put w/o downloads, or upgrade to the subscription model, or just do away completely and migrate to another competitor. 

Hi @ mrputtputt ,

You are mentioning Quicken 2016 Premium R 17.4.

The thread was started for Quicken 2018 product.

And mentioning Intuit. Intuit doesn't own Quicken.
    Quicken is under New Ownership.
This discussion has been closed.