Calendar feature ideas

TravelingRaeTravelingRae Member
edited December 2018 in Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac
I really wish the calendar within Quicken for Mac '18 had more features so that I could have all my finance related calendar entries there instead of having to switch back and forth to my calendar application.

1) Ability to manually create events/reminders not related to a register entry. I would use this to remind myself to invoice clients, to make transfers between accounts that take time, to follow up on late invoices, to make calls related to accounts, to balance the books, etc.. I have all of this in my calendar app, but I find myself having to switch back and forth with Quicken. Having this all in one place would be fantastic.

2) Colour coding. Eg. Income showing up in green, expenditures in red, events in blue.

3) Being able to actually customise the calendar by showing only certain categories, tags, payees, etc. (ie. make these links work: http://prntscr.com/jrnskk). I could pull up only certain payees to see when was the last time I dealt with them. Yes, I could get that information from the register, but I'm a very visual person and I prefer a calendar view. Otherwise, I'm again going between Quicken and my calendar app.

I've seen a lot of folks posting questions about the calendar, so I'm sure others have ideas for making it a functional tool rather than just a reactive one. Please share them!
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    All nice ideas. It would be much better if each of these ideas was posted in separate threads. This way other users can cast their votes on them, which would help prioritize the feature requests for the Quicken Developers. 

BTW, a work-around for the first one is to simply create $0 scheduled transactions. I have been doing that for years.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • TravelingRaeTravelingRae Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm always worried about "spamming" the forum by creating too many threads...

And ha, we came up with the same workaround! :)