Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Investments (Mac)

Quicken for Mac should allow user defined groupings of securities into investment types

UnknownUnknown Member
edited November 2019 in Investments (Mac)
I would like be able to run a portfolio view or report that displays my investment portfolio (stocks, ETF's and Mutual Funds) into types of investments, e.g. small cap stocks, REIT's, Emerging Markets, Long Term Bonds, etc.. 
3 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What version of Quicken are you using? In recent versions, change the Group By in the portfolio view to Group by Type.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm using the latest version of Quicken for Mac.  I would like to group my portfolio by types that are user defined, not just the Quicken default categories of Mutual Funds and Stocks.  For example, I would like to further sub-divide my securities into the asset classes of commodities (metal, energy funds), small cap stock funds, large cap stock funds, bond funds (long term, short term), etc.  This type of categorization allows me to monitor my portfolio diversification, which I must now do on spreadsheets.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

I'm using the latest version of Quicken for Mac.  I would like to group my portfolio by types that are user defined, not just the Quicken default categories of Mutual Funds and Stocks.  For example, I would like to further sub-divide my securities into the asset classes of commodities (metal, energy funds), small cap stock funds, large cap stock funds, bond funds (long term, short term), etc.  This type of categorization allows me to monitor my portfolio diversification, which I must now do on spreadsheets.

Yup. Please visit the link below and VOTE for it. You must click the VOTE button upper right corner.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/please-add-etf-to-security-types
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018

That doen’t help for managing the risk level of my portfolio. Mutual Fund, stock, ETF indicates the investment vehicle, but doesn’t help with monitoring diversification.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018

I’d like to tag a specific security into my own categories.
  • John BurgessJohn Burgess Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I’ve wanted to define my own categories, and not only that, additional attributes with their own values( eg, “owner”: me, my wife, joint). Never gonna happen. Instead, I export as csv ( finally back again, yea!), then import to excel where I keep those extra columns. Then I can create pivot tables on any columns I want.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Tyka
  • BoscoBosco Member ✭✭
    > @Jasdelaney said:
    > I'm using the latest version of Quicken for Mac.  I would like to group my portfolio by types that are user defined, not just the Quicken default categories of Mutual Funds and Stocks.  For example, I would like to further sub-divide my securities into the asset classes of commodities (metal, energy funds), small cap stock funds, large cap stock funds, bond funds (long term, short term), etc.  This type of categorization allows me to monitor my portfolio diversification, which I must now do on spreadsheets.

I would also like to do the same. Can Quicken get more granular asset classifications from Factset or Bloomberg or another source? If not, then give use a user defined asset field.