Quicken 2018 - To Do button removed

Matthew GuglielmettiMatthew Guglielmetti Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Display/UI (Windows)
In Quicken 2017 and before, there was a To Do button / To Do Bar that activated when you had items to do, and was  persistent on the home screen.  For Quicken 2018, it seems like you can't add a To Do button to the home screen.  The only way I can figure out to see your To Do List is to dock it via the View Menu.  When done, you then need to go back an undock it to get all your screen real estate back.  

From my perspective, the way Quicken 2017 did this was much cleaner.  Has anyone figured out a solution (other than docking the To Do Bar)
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jerry_Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Matthew, you are right! The only way I can see to reference the To Do Bar is to dock it. My Version of Quicken is QWP2018 R9.34 (27.1.9.34). Evidently this feature was/is not in high demand. (grin)

Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Matthew GuglielmettiMatthew Guglielmetti Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    That's a shame.  Wish they would bring it back!
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

That's a shame.  Wish they would bring it back!

Who knows? Maybe it was an oversight. Since the development team left the "Docking of the To Do Bar"  coding in the Program, maybe they are reworking the Logic of showing the Button/Bar.
    Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • bshwiffbshwiff Member ✭✭
    I also would really like to have the button back. I think most people would use it if they had the chance.
  • HDRiffHDRiff Member
    I would love to see the button back.
  • Eric JEric J Member
    This is an important productivity feature.
    PLEASE RESTORE THIS FREQUENTLY-USED BUTTON!

Suggestion: Make it optional:
    In the VIEW menu or in PREFERENCES, permit users to add either a button or a toolbar shortcut that activates the TO-DO window.  As with prior editions of the program, this button / shortcut should only appear and/or be active whenever there are items requiring attention (e.g. downloaded transactions to be posted.)

Thank you for reviewing this request!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would try to forget about the existence of the To Do Bar and use the flags next to each account name in the Account bar as reminder for actions to be taken.
    It appears to me that the To Do bar is on its way out, due to low usage and may be removed in a future release. The programmers just haven't gotten a round tuit yet.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Account Bar, as your To Do Information.
    Turn off Automatically add to Banking Registers.
    So when transactions are downloaded, it forces you to review them.