Quicken Deluxe 2018 Update R10.10

WalterWalter Member ✭✭
After updating to this latest, on the bills and income tab / billers, whenever I click on update all billers or try to refresh a single biller the program immediately closes to the desktop. No error message or hang, just closes. One step update works fine. I manually installed the update and the mondo patch for R10.10 all with the same problem. I reinstalled R9.34 and everything is back to normal

Comments

• edited July 2018
    ME too!!  and I FINALLY got to someone on chat.. She informed me they were having problems with chat and if we got disconnected to call back in an HOUR!!  Before I got a word in she was gone.. I'm getting pretty sick of this.. it's been going on fo a week or so..will try the re-install.. Thanks for the info.. 
  • Jay JacksonJay Jackson Member
    edited January 11
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Updating Accounts - Quicken freezes when downloading.

Since the last update I have been trying to download my account updates. It ends up freezing and I have to force close the application to continue work. Do you have a workaround or update for this?
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Updating Accounts - Quicken freezes when downloading.

Since the last update I have been trying to download my account updates. It ends up freezing and I have to force close the application to continue work. Do you have a workaround or update for this?

In One Step Update settings, uncheck the box associated with Online Billers in the Services section. There seems to be an issue with that service in R10.

FWIW, R10 is functioning fine in my data file but I long ago decided linking online billers was more trouble than it was worth so I do not use it.
  • WalterWalter Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I already have it unchecked in OSU , that's probably why it works fine. It's when I try to use the billers update tab that the problem occurs. I agree with you that the online billers feature is more trouble than it is worth at the moment. I keep thinking that maybe they will improve it?
  • WalterWalter Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Jay, I would go back to previous update.
    edited July 2018

I am going to try Mark's suggestion as I agree updating bills is way more trouble than it is worth. Quicken needs to focus on that issue if they are going to include in package. If his suggestion does not work. I will roll it back...I suppose there is a prompt for that.
    edited January 11
    Mark that seemed to have worked. It just updated w/o issue. Thanks for the help you two!
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Mark that seemed to have worked. It just updated w/o issue. Thanks for the help you two!

Good. I should add that I find using manually scheduled reminders to project cash flow very helpful. It's the online part that doesn't seem helpful so I deleted all my online billers and only use manual reminders.
    edited July 2018

Same here. 
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Unfortunately, me too. Online Billers with linked reminders is VERY buggy.
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited July 2018

I updated to R10.10 this morning and so far have had NO issues. Runs smoothly. Like markus1957 I do not use any of the Online Bill "features". In the beginning I was tempted, it does sound like a good idea. But I decided to wait, and the longer I waited, the more I was glad I didn't try to participate. The good idea is apparently a nightmare to program.
    edited July 2018

It is.
  • bgauveybgauvey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Same here.  

Here is the Windows Event Log:
    ==================================
    Faulting application name: qw.exe, version: 27.1.10.10, time stamp: 0x5b335f52
    Faulting module name: DLLAPPS_FRCAST.dll, version: 27.1.10.10, time stamp: 0x5b335967
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x00001e47
    Faulting process id: 0x67c4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d412b7eedd2784
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\DLLAPPS_FRCAST.dll
    Report Id: e35ab654-24f2-461c-973d-c3ea3766cb51
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  • Quicken AlexQuicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    bgauvey said:

Same here.  

Faulting module name: DLLAPPS_FRCAST.dll, version: 27.1.10.10, time stamp: 0x5b335967

Hello Bgauvey,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, as well. We are currently working to gather data on this issue to turn over to our Product Developers so they can get started on a fix. Unfortunately, nearly all Community users have already found workarounds so we're struggling to get the necessary data required to escalate this to the PD team.

If you are still reaching the error and would like to help us resolve this, please send an error report in Quicken (Help > Report a problem). Please include your sanitized data file (your personal data is wiped from the file prior to you sending it over), and all listed logs.Please type 'Attention: Alex' as the Subject and don't worry about adding a description. Once complete, please reply here and I'll search for the report to confirm I am able to reproduce the error using your file.

Once confirmed, I should be able to get this escalated for resolution.I appreciate your assistance in resolving this error, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Alex
  • bgauveybgauvey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    bgauvey said:

Same here.  

I was able to recreate the issue and send you the email.
  • MargeeezMargeeez Member
    edited July 2018

HOw do you go back to the previous update?
  • WalterWalter Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Based on what I read in these forums, and I know Quicken is aware of the problems with R10.10, lots of customers have had problems with this update since it started rolling out. And yet they continue to push this out and continue to cause their customers problems with the software. I don't understand this policy. I have numerous software programs that update from time to time and they very seldom if ever have these kinds of problems. In fact they usually enhance the affected program and make it better and easier to use. This is not the case with Quicken 2018. Shame on you for forcing this on your loyal customers.
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hear! Hear!
  • BergyBergy Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am having an issue in that since updating to 10.10 my windows for accounts come up in different format and go to full screen without my doing anything
  • Richard TroyRichard Troy Member
    edited July 2018

Run the Mondo patch. Had similar problems with R.10.10 and ran the Mondo patch as suggested.  The patch installed only through R9.34 and now all is well.