One Step Update error unreadable / cut off

So when there's a one step error, the error message provided by the remote site is cut off after a few words.  As shown below, I get "We've detected that" ... something???

There's a Learn More link beside it for more information, but the link goes to a generic form without details of this particular problem. Please fix the UI to show the entire message.

P.S. Yes I know this is a community forum, but Quicken doesn't give me a place to report bugs directly to them so I'm hoping one of them will read this and make their own internal bug for it.

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Jo. Appreciate your question.

An OL-301 error means that there is an issue with connecting to Discover Card via Direct Connect.

I would try the following troubleshooting steps in this article: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301

Please let us know if this resolves your issue or if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

When you get a Quicken error that has an error number, you can go here

https://www.quicken.com/search/site, key the error number (you only need the numeric part - 301 for your error) in the Search box and click the Search button (or press Enter).

Had you done that in this case, you would have been offered the same KB article that Quicken Harold linked you to.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited October 2018
    I didn't ask for help reading the message. I was reporting a bug in the only forum available, as I indicated.

Very interesting that neither one of these responses thinks that it's abnormal or less than helpful to cut off error messages. Both of you work for Quicken, and neither one of you think it's worthy of adding to your internal bug report system?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    jorhett said:

I didn't ask for help reading the message. I was reporting a bug in the only forum available, as I indicated.

Very interesting that neither one of these responses thinks that it's abnormal or less than helpful to cut off error messages. Both of you work for Quicken, and neither one of you think it's worthy of adding to your internal bug report system?

Do you not see the "Learn More" at the end of the message??? Have you clicked that to find out what the "More" is?

There's a fixed number of characters in that message space ... and as many were used as possible.  The full message is readable when you "Learn More".

There's no bug.

AND, neither mshiggins nor I are Quicken employees ... we're volunteers.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP