Where can I find Release Notes for Quicken Windows 2018

When I was offered a Release update for my Quicken Windows 2018, I never saw an offer to review the Release Notes. So I am now at Release 10.11 and have no idea what changes were incorporated.  Searching the Support Site I could only find articles on earlier 2018 releases.There has to be a way to pull up the Release Notes and see the latest version.
Regards, Mike Duncan

Comments

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator
    edited July 2018
    Hi Mike,
    Apologies--the release notes are in the process of being updated on the support website--in the meantime, here's some information on the last two releases:

Quicken 2018 R10.11 Release Notes July 2018
    • Fixed: An issue where, for some users, Quicken crashed when updating bills through One Step Update.
    Quicken 2018 R10.10 Release Notes June 2018
    • New: Ability to remove your Data File password using a One Time Password (OTP) that you can receive at your registered mobile or email address.
    • Improved: Updated Alternative Minimum Tax rates for the Married Filing Separately option.
    • Fixed: An issue where editing an existing transaction to use a Memorized Payee did not change the Category/Memo/Tag fields correctly.
    • Fixed: An issue where attempting to print a selected range of pages in a report did not work properly.
    • Fixed: An issue where some bills with the Ignored status were not displayed on the Bills dashboard.
    • Fixed: An issue where the Default Date setting for bills was saved incorrectly.
    • Fixed: An issue where banking transactions from Investment accounts were not displayed on the Spending Graph.
    • Fixed: An issue with adding attachments to Memorized Transactions.
    • Fixed: An issue where some cash transactions were not listed in some Spending reports.
    • Fixed: An issue with linking Bill Reminders to Billers.
    • Fixed: An issue where bills were incorrectly sorted and displayed when the Print check with Quicken option was enabled.
    • Fixed: An issue where Quicken crashed when sending reports or invoices as email attachments.
    • Fixed: An issue where the Budget report did not show any savings when a custom category in the budget was created as Income.
    • Fixed: An issue with the Net Worth calculation.
    • Fixed: An issue where the Industry name was listed incorrectly on the Portfolio View.
    • Fixed: An issue with hiding budget categories.
    • Fixed: An issue where blank transactions were entered in the Register during a Bill refresh.
    • Fixed: A few user interface issues, text issues, and crashes.
    Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited January 22
    Note, when you get the offer to update there is a link in the dialog that says "Whats new ..." that will pop up the release notes.
  • Mike DuncanMike Duncan Member
    edited October 2018
    I have seen that link on previous occasions, so my concern was a new scenario when the offer to update happened when I launched Quicken from a taskbar icon. I did not see any offer of "what's new" because the update process started immediately. In the past, the One Step Update had run before being told of an available update, so I could assess the content of the update before launching it.Anyone care to comment on this!  Has anyone else seen this new behavior?
    Regards, Mike Duncan
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited July 2018

I have seen that link on previous occasions, so my concern was a new scenario when the offer to update happened when I launched Quicken from a taskbar icon. I did not see any offer of "what's new" because the update process started immediately. In the past, the One Step Update had run before being told of an available update, so I could assess the content of the update before launching it.Anyone care to comment on this!  Has anyone else seen this new behavior?

Yes, I have seen this behavior and it is one that a lot of people have complained about, but still Quicken Inc hasn't fixed it.

There are three ways you might get an update.

One is if you select Help -> Check for updates.

Another is you do an One Step update and it offers it on the summary reports.

The last is that Quicken will download the patch update and in the background and install it on the next start of Quicken.

For the first two Quicken prompts you and you can see the release notes.

For the last one it doesn't ask permission, and it doesn't show release notes.

And the only way to even know that it is going to do it is to make sure your Windows UAC (User account control) setting are in the default or higher position so that Windows will prompt you before any install is run on your machine (the patch is an install).
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    QPW said:

Note, when you get the offer to update there is a link in the dialog that says "Whats new ..." that will pop up the release notes.

Negative. Quicken went into an immediate update without any dialog box when starting it.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro