latest update broke bank download

Version 5.6.5 (Build 56.22537.100); OS X 10.11.6

broke the bank download - trying to import the QFX file hung Quicken, I had to force quite.  this occurs for multiple banks (Bank of America, Chase).

BofA sort of worked if I entered the transactions by hand first;  Chase would not work at all.

These are things that worked fine under 5.6.4; so it is the update that broke it.  Is there any way to return to the previous version?

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The old version of Quicken should be in your trash. Simply retrieve it and replace your current version. In this case, you should be able to open your data file; you cannot always do that if a new version makes database structural changes, but I do not believe there are any compared to 5.6.4.

Always make sure you have backup of your data file before playing around with it.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Richard OlsenRichard Olsen Member
    edited July 2018
    that worked.  good thing I did not empty my trash...
  • IndigoIndigo Member ✭✭
    edited January 15
    I emptied my trash since I installed 5.6.5, so this isn't going to work for me. Hope they correct this problem. Having problems with Chase and Capital One.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Indigo said:

I emptied my trash since I installed 5.6.5, so this isn't going to work for me. Hope they correct this problem. Having problems with Chase and Capital One.

If you are using a back software like Time Machine, you might be able to retrieve the earlier version.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • DennisDennis Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Indigo said:

Before I update to a newer version, I always make a copy of the current Quicken application file and name that copy by it's version. i.e. Qmac5.6.5  I can then revert back if necessary. 
This discussion has been closed.