Synch with smart phone

Unknown
Unknown Member
After Quicken updated to version R10.11 the program stops responding during the last step of the synchronization process (updating data) with my iPhone app and I have to exit the program manually. I did not have this problem with version R10.10. The data does appear to be correct on my iPhone after the synch process.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bob, are you still facing this issue? It seems a large number of users are experiencing crashes or freezes when running One Step Update or syncing to the cloud.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I'm still having the problem. I did a chat yesterday with Quicken and they took me through a process to both "validate" and "super validate" my file to no avail. Then they had me uninstall and reinstall the program with the same result, the synch process hangs up on the "updating data" step and I have to use the task manager to exit Quicken. I use Quicken on both my desktop and laptop, both synched fine with version R10.10 and experienced this issue once updated to version R10.11. It seems clear to me that the problem lies with version R10.11.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    I went through all of this on the phone with tech support and they are referring it to their developer. I also tried to use "report a problem" under help and the information failed to send for some reason.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2018

I went through all of this on the phone with tech support and they are referring it to their developer. I also tried to use "report a problem" under help and the information failed to send for some reason.

Hello Bob,

The R10.11 update for Quicken 2018 returns the ability to sync budgets to the Mobile App.  This is a large amount of data being transferred during the sync and some Users have reported that if they leave Quicken alone, the sync does complete and they are able to use Quicken normally.

Have you by any chance, tried letting the sync run without force closing or ending Quicken?  If not, please give it a try, in the reports we have received, this delay is taking anywhere from 5 minutes up to 3 hours to complete, depending on the amount of data being sync'd.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if allowing the sync to run uninterrupted, will allow it to complete successfully.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018

Thanks Sarah, I let the synch run to completion and it did take quite a while, longer than I let it run before. Now the synch process takes about the same amount of time as it did with version R10.10 on both my desktop and laptop. Thanks for the help and sorry to have been a pest.  Bob
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2018

Hi Bob,

Yay! I'm very glad to hear that it was able to complete successfully and thank you so much for taking the time to the post back and let us know how it went.

We are always happy to help and please let us know if the Community can help with any other questions or concerns you may have with Quicken.

Thanks!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.