Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

iOS mobile app balances (Today & Projected) not correct

DJKM
DJKM Member ✭✭
The "Today Balance" & "Projected Balance" in the iOS mobile app is not correct for my bank accounts; the Online Balance is correct. It is off by thousands of dollars (almost $30,000 off for the Today's balance, and even more for Projected.) I reconciled bank accounts today, so I would expect the information to sync correctly to the mobile app. 

I have reset Quicken Mac 2018 (Version 5.7.2, build 57.23252.100) several times. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the mobile app (App Version : 5.0.47 (38.11059.4012). 

What can I do to correct this? 

Comments

• Joel
    Joel Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I am having the same issues!  Like you I have deleted the app and reinstalled.  I have reset the cloud data multiple times and I have deselected and selected accounts within the desktop app.  It looks like the app does not know how to reconcile the connections directly from the bank vs what is coming from the desktop.

The desktop should be the source of truth.  We should have the option to tell the ios app to not talk to our bank especially if we use the desktop app.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I have the same issue with the same versions. My checking/savings are over reality and my credit cards under reality. My manually synced accounts seemed ok. Pretty bad :-( 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Same issues!
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hello all,

Have you tried resetting your cloud accounts in Quicken for Mac: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac

Please give this a try and than let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I've tried thus multiple times and it persists. It seems to be taking into account future scheduled income when it shouldn't.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 2018
    Hey everyone,

We are aware of the balance mismatches that users have been reporting and are working on a fix.

Please follow https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-mobile-app-update-available to be notified of any progress on the fix for this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to come to the community and contribute your feedback.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    still not resolved...what's going on?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

Hey everyone,

We are aware of the balance mismatches that users have been reporting and are working on a fix.

Please follow https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-mobile-app-update-available to be notified of any progress on the fix for this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to come to the community and contribute your feedback.

-Quicken Tyka

What's going on?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    iOS balances wrong! Please resolve
  • Lawrence
    Lawrence Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have the same problem. The balance on the mobile app doesn’t agree with the desktop and I don’t understand why.
  • DJKM
    DJKM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hello all,

Have you tried resetting your cloud accounts in Quicken for Mac: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac

Please give this a try and than let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I tried this several times PRIOR to posting this issue here. Not only did this NOT correct the issue, Reseting actually causes another error. 
    It clearly states that after Reset, the Data will be replaced with the information on my desktop. Each time I did this, it actually added transactions back into my desktop version that I had deleted when I reconciled the account.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hello all,

Please follow the thread that Quicken Tyka provided earlier: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-mobile-app-update-available

New information will be available in this thread once an updated version of the app is available.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • DJKM
    DJKM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If nothing else it would be helpful to be able to see what transaction(s) make up the "Today Balance" & "Projected Balance." I am concerned that these incorrect balances could corrupt my desktop version.

In addition, as I noted above there is also an issue with the "Reset" of the Database (When I deleted the old copies on the Cloud, it actually added transactions back into my desktop version that I had deleted when I had already reconciled the account. It did this every time I reset.)
  • DJKM
    DJKM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I added a new step of closing the desktop program in the middle of ALL the things I had already tried and now ALL of the balances on the iOS are now correct (let's hope it stays that way).

Not sure if it was the combination of things I did, or if all of these steps were necessary - but it worked. Here is what I did:
    I deleted the iOS app first, 
    Reset the data on the Cloud on the desktop app (Mac), 
    Turned off mobile Syncing (on the desktop), 
    Reset the data on the Cloud again, (I know this one probably was not necessary, but I figured why not),
    THEN quit/closed and restarted/opened the (desktop) program, 
    Turned mobile Syncing back on, 
    Synced the data again (went through the "Accounts" and unchecked the accounts I did not want to sync and hit the Update button)
    Reinstalled the app on my phone and logged in and all balances are correct each time I open the app (at least so far) - and WOW it worked!

EVERYTHING appears to be correct on the app now (including the Today & Projected Balances).
    (Thanks to Concordman for the idea about closing the desktop program after turning off the mobile Syncing).
  • Kevin McGuire
    Kevin McGuire Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    DJKM said:

I added a new step of closing the desktop program in the middle of ALL the things I had already tried and now ALL of the balances on the iOS are now correct (let's hope it stays that way).

Not sure if it was the combination of things I did, or if all of these steps were necessary - but it worked. Here is what I did:
    I deleted the iOS app first, 
    Reset the data on the Cloud on the desktop app (Mac), 
    Turned off mobile Syncing (on the desktop), 
    Reset the data on the Cloud again, (I know this one probably was not necessary, but I figured why not),
    THEN quit/closed and restarted/opened the (desktop) program, 
    Turned mobile Syncing back on, 
    Synced the data again (went through the "Accounts" and unchecked the accounts I did not want to sync and hit the Update button)
    Reinstalled the app on my phone and logged in and all balances are correct each time I open the app (at least so far) - and WOW it worked!

EVERYTHING appears to be correct on the app now (including the Today & Projected Balances).
    (Thanks to Concordman for the idea about closing the desktop program after turning off the mobile Syncing).

This worked for me as well. Thank you, DJKM!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Strangely my Today and Projected balances are correct but I have no idea what the "online" balance even refers to since Quicken isn't connected to my bank; I enter all my transactions manually.

Also, speaking of Today and Projected balances, why are they named "Current" and "Ending" in the desktop program? Wouldn't it be less confusing if they were named the same in both locations? Just sayin'
This discussion has been closed.