QCS_SERVER_ERROR

Most of my accounts are resulting in the following messages when I do an account update:

Download Error (-28)
QCS_SERVER_ERROR:client.connect.request requires HTTP authentication: Unauthorized, nested exception is: 

I'm on a Mac using High Sierra v10.13.6 and Quicken 2017 v4.7.3

Comments

• Scott LocyScott Locy Member
    edited August 2018
    Mine too! Quicken is becoming more of a hassle than a help.
  • edited August 2018
    Fingers crossed this is a temp issue and if I close out, wait 24 hrs, and try again - all will work again.
  • Charlene KrugCharlene Krug Member
    edited August 2018
    Mine too - for about 4 days now and it's annoying. How come Quicken isn't responding?
  • Randy_mRandy_m Member
    edited August 2018
    Me too - Usually this is a temporary issue. I hope it is this time, too
  • edited August 2018
    I just encountered the same problem.  Just got off the phone with technical support and they said it was a problem on their end with their servers.  They are currently working through the issue and wanted me to try connecting again in a couple of hours.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Pam ColonnaPam Colonna Member
    edited August 2018
    It all started with this cloud back up.  Is there a way to NOT use the cloud and just keep it all local?
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hello everyone!

This is an issue with the Quicken Servers . Please allow at least one hour for the issue to be resolved.

If you need further assistance, please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert A-0289.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • feobrienfeobrien Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Error code CC-898.

Unable to update transactions from both of my banks. Both provide error code CC-898, Quicken Server Error
  • BC MeyerBC Meyer Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Error CC-898 while trying to update all credit cards same error, Server status Po....

Error CC-898 while trying to update all credit cards same error after moving from Q2017R15.3 to R16.3 and now tryed R17.1 to see if that would correct, it did not, R16.3 did work yesterday, thoughts? Are your servers down? Is there a portal to see status for the servers?
  • Mark KetchumMark Ketchum Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2018 is not connecting to any bank this morning... no Error number just E....

Server issue
  • edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Partial Download (-28) and Last attempt shows previous day even though I ran tod....

I am  getting this message when I try to download my transactions. Running Mac OS 10.13.6, Quicken Deluxe V 5.7.2 .  I think it is when no transactions are available. Most accounts are updated but it appears those accounts with nothing new are getting this error of Partial Download (-28)  QCS_Server_ERROR:client.connect:request requires HTTP authentication: Unauthorized; nested except is: request requires HTTP authentication: Unauthorized.  
  • RickORickO SuperUser
    edited August 2018

It all started with this cloud back up.  Is there a way to NOT use the cloud and just keep it all local?

Pam, I'm not sure what you mean by "cloud backup". Quicken does not backup to the cloud, unless you set the auto backup folder to a Dropbox, iCloud Drive, etc folder.

However, data is stored in the cloud if you have Mobile enabled (although it's not considered a backup). Here's some guidance on removing your data from the cloud...

How to Remove All Cloud Data (4.6.x)

Keep in mind, though, that if any of your accounts connect via Quicken Connect, then there will be some data held on Quicken servers due to the nature of the connection method:

Connection Methods
  • Jim ShaferJim Shafer Member
    edited August 2018
    Don't try working with Quicken Chat.  When I told them ALL Quicken Connect account attempts were failing the asked if I was kidding and when I responded "Absolutely" he (Troy) ended the conversation.  

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hello All,

We are currently experiencing an issue with updating or adding accounts in Quicken for Mac and Windows and apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

Please visit https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-07-08-2018-express-web-connect-quicken-conne... for more information on these issues and click "follow" to be automatically notified once these issues are resolved.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • MatthewMatthew Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am receiving a Quicken for Mac User -28 Download Error code when updating acco....

I am receiving a Quicken for Mac User -28 Download Error code and a "QCS Server Error" message when updating accounts. I see this is a known issue announced 2hrs ago. Does this mean I will receive some type of financial credit, for services not being delivered?
  • edited August 2018
    This morning, all my express web connect accounts were failing one step update with a cc-898 error.

I was able to fix this by resetting each of the failing accounts. To play it safe, I went through my accounts one bank at a time, resetting all accounts at that bank and then trying to update the accounts I had just reset. This worked well and for the moment everything is working fine. 
  • MaikeerMaikeer Member
    edited August 2018
    My Express Web Connect downloads started working again earlier today.  I did not have to do a reset for any of the accounts which failed earlier.  
  • RickRick Member
    edited August 2018
    All good here as well, no reset of accounts needed for mine.