2016 Deluxe update to R18.2 did damage to the One Step Update Windows

I just updated my 2016 Deluxe with R18.2 a few days ago, and now the One Step Update pop-up windows look wrong. (I'm referring to the One Step Update Window and the One Step Update Summary.) The damage is that now the bottom edge is cut off. The windows are still useable, but it doesn't instill any confidence in the user to see this incorrect rendering. I'm on Windows 10 Version 1803.

Comments

• BKBK Member
    edited August 2018
    Linda, When I launched my 2016 Quicken Premier today (Win10 Pro, v1803), I saw it asking me to update to R18.2.  I didn't accept the update.  Instead I went to Quicken's official update location and surprisingly it still shows R17.4 as the latest version (as of the time of my writing this response to you)!  So 18.2?  Just a suggestion for the future: Never accept the pop-up updates.  Instead check the update site to see when that update was released and then check Quicken community to see if you see any reported issues with that update.  I typically wait a month or two before I consider the update if no issues reported.  Here is the link to the update site:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    Linda,
    See if downloading and then installing the QW2016 17.4 MONDO patch from here helps: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

It should take you back to the 17.4 version.

I suspect that 18.2 is a Staged Release, and apparently it might not be ready for prime time.

[EDIT]  Correction, it's a General Release.  I've relayed this issue to a forum Moderator [/EDIT]

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Linda MoranLinda Moran Member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks. It's not a big deal, but Quicken did push the download, so I figured they would want to know.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    Mine isn't cut off, but it is AWFUL large for the number of FIs that are in my OSU.

That is a lot of wasted space.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member
    edited August 2018

Linda,
    See if downloading and then installing the QW2016 17.4 MONDO patch from here helps: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

It should take you back to the 17.4 version.

I suspect that 18.2 is a Staged Release, and apparently it might not be ready for prime time.

[EDIT]  Correction, it's a General Release.  I've relayed this issue to a forum Moderator [/EDIT]

Thank you for providing an archive of older releases!

For now, however, 17.4 can also be downloaded directly from Quicken's official site at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch which has a link to https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW2016R17.4MPatch.EXE which is the mondo patch
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited August 2018
    splasher said:

Mine isn't cut off, but it is AWFUL large for the number of FIs that are in my OSU.

That's weird. Wonder what prompted the change.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited August 2018
    splasher said:

Can you resize the window (by dragging the top edge down or the bottom edge up)?
  • Jerry WheelerJerry Wheeler Member
    edited October 2018
    I had a similar problem with 2016 Deluxe.  I have two PCs, a desktop running Windows 10 and a laptop running Windows 7.  This morning when I ran One Step Update on the laptop, it crashed when I tried to accept a downloaded transaction. I then checked my software revision and it was 18.2.  I sent in a report stating what I was doing when it crashed as requested by Quicken.  I then went to the desktop and ran One Step Update and it also crashed at almost the same point.  It was also R18.2.  I don't know when they were updated to this revision but the problem was not here yesterday.  On my desktop I loaded the latest mondo patch (R17.4) and everything worked as it did yesterday.  I went back to the laptop and checked the revision and it was back to 17.4 and worked correctly.  Is it possible the Quicken updated itself to revision 18.2 and then on the laptop reverted to 17.4 by itself?
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited August 2018

I had a similar problem with 2016 Deluxe.  I have two PCs, a desktop running Windows 10 and a laptop running Windows 7.  This morning when I ran One Step Update on the laptop, it crashed when I tried to accept a downloaded transaction. I then checked my software revision and it was 18.2.  I sent in a report stating what I was doing when it crashed as requested by Quicken.  I then went to the desktop and ran One Step Update and it also crashed at almost the same point.  It was also R18.2.  I don't know when they were updated to this revision but the problem was not here yesterday.  On my desktop I loaded the latest mondo patch (R17.4) and everything worked as it did yesterday.  I went back to the laptop and checked the revision and it was back to 17.4 and worked correctly.  Is it possible the Quicken updated itself to revision 18.2 and then on the laptop reverted to 17.4 by itself?

There should be no way that Quicken will go back to the old version by itself.  By any chance are you leaving out the step of uninstalling, and reinstalling?  That would get you back to the old version, because the R18.2 is in "staged release mode" which means after it is sent to the X number of people they stop sending it out until they decided if they are going to release it to everyone.
  • Jerry WheelerJerry Wheeler Member
    edited August 2018

Maybe that is what happened.  I did not intentionally uninstall and reinstall.  All I thought I did was shut Quicken down and restart. In any case, it is working OK now.  Thanks.
    edited September 2018
    I have noticed that the OSU Summary (but not
    the OSU Progress) window in QW H&B 2016 R18.2 is slightly clipped at the bottom for me, but that is
    purely aesthetic: everything is visible except some border.

I also noticed that a few of my reconciled transactions from spring of 2017 disappeared shortly after upgrading from R17.4 to R18.2.  Given that they were over a year old, it took me a while to track down what was missing.  (I also seem to have one blank transaction showing up that I cannot delete.)

See also my update at https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/enlarging-the-one-step-update-progress-window-se...