Feature Request: Hide Accounts from Main Menu (12-Legacy Votes)

Feature Request: Ability to hide an account from just the main menu (home page, left column), while keeping the account’s respective transactions visible in “All Transactions”, budgets, reports, etc. Purpose:  Track closed account transactions...this happens all the time - I close a VISA and open a new one. I still want those purchases to be reflected in reports and in All Transactions, I just don't need that account specifically listed on the Main Menu.

------------------

If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Also, click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 
10 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    For the report aspect, click menu Accounts > Hide & Show Accounts. You can hide an account from the sidebar and lists but allow it still be included in reports. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Rick, this is true, but some of us look for transactions using the “All Transactions” view and this shows only accounts that are in the sidebar. It would be handy to have that view include ALL transactions and not just accounts currently in the sidebar.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

Rick, this is true, but some of us look for transactions using the “All Transactions” view and this shows only accounts that are in the sidebar. It would be handy to have that view include ALL transactions and not just accounts currently in the sidebar.

I agree. I don't really see a downside of including the hidden account's transactions in the All Transactions register. There could be a filter added to this register to include or exclude hidden accounts, with the default being hidden so as not to disrupt what people are used to for those that don't want those transactions included.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Agree with this suggestion.

QWin has this feature in the All Accounts register.
    Under the Accounts selection drop-down there is a "Custom" option and under Custom, one can select hidden accounts to include in the display. 
    Very handy!!
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Jim38@
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Instead of a "filter", I'd suggest an even simpler implementation of my feature request: under account properties, add a third check box option under Hide Account entitled "In menu only". 
  • EricO
    EricO Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I STRONGLY support and hope for this capability. I have a number of dormant accounts I want to remove from the Sidebar without impacting my ability to search for or see their associated historical transactions in the list. As it is currently, hiding a dormant account in the sidebar also hides all traces of any historical activity in lists, reports, or both.

This capability is available for hidden Payees, so why not hidden accounts also?

As a kludge, I currently force old closed/dormant accounts (banking, credit card, etc.) to the bottom of their respective sidebar sections by prefacing the account name with an "x". 

I couldn't find any similar feature request in the List of Requests for User Interface Options and Features, so hope @Quicken Markus or someone will listen here.

• Jim38@
    edited October 2018
    Not implemented yet. Fingers still crossed.
  • Jim38@
    edited November 2018
    Any way we could add this to the Vote page? I think this would be a popular feature.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Any way we could add this to the Vote page? I think this would be a popular feature.

ALL IDEA threads are available to users when they browse through the IDEA section or perform a suitable search in GetSat (though the search feature is not very flexible).
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests for User Interface Options and Features.

You may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to other related IDEAS.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Mike10
    Mike10 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I renamed those closed accounts to "ZZ Account Name". This at least puts it at the bottom of the list of each section. It forces me to scroll the left menu, but it has worked out OK.
  • Jim38@
    edited November 2019

I renamed those closed accounts to "ZZ Account Name". This at least puts it at the bottom of the list of each section. It forces me to scroll the left menu, but it has worked out OK.

I added "x " in front of each of them - similar Band Aid solution. It's still tedious, however, and I hope my feature request is implemented. 
  • I really hope this feature gets implemented. I've voted on it, so here's to hoping it gets noticed by the developers!
  • Ina
    Ina Member
    While I agree with many of the feature requests, I would like to see a third option added to the "Hide and Show Accounts" menu that allows you to gray out the accounts you want "hidden" only in calculating the Banking Total but still have it show in the sidebar.

Quicken PC had this feature and I found it very helpful in determining how much discretionary funds I had available at any given moment by selecting which accounts I want included in calculating the Banking Total, while still being able to "see" the "hidden" accounts, all be it, grayed out.

For example, I have 7 bank accounts with a credit card account associated with each account. Most of the accounts are designated for fixed expenses (e.g. Mortgage, utilities, etc.). But I have a couple of accounts that I consider flex accounts for discretionary spending (e.g. meals out, gifts, personal, etc.) and I'm mainly interested in knowing whether I have enough funds available in those few flex accounts to determine whether I need to stick with pizza this weekend or if I can go to a fancy restaurant. :)

Please, please, add this feature! Thanks!