Flexibility in specifying account type

QMac UserQMac User Member ✭✭
I would like to have the flexibility to specify health savings accounts under the retirement account heading on the net worth bar. Quicken does not give me this flexibility. If you use the account more like a retirement account, you should have the ability to move it to that location. 
Quicken Mac 2017
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For which platform are you asking this? You wrote Quicken for Mac 2017 but selected the WIndows category. Please confirm. 

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

For which platform are you asking this? You wrote Quicken for Mac 2017 but selected the WIndows category. Please confirm. 

My guess would be Mac, because Windows doesn't have a "Health savings accounts" account type (does Mac?), but more to the point on the Windows side you can already set the "intent" of a savings account (on the Display tab, to "Investment" or "Retirement" and it will be shown with the investments/Retirement accounts.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

QMac does not have an HSA.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

In QWin, an HSA (such as my wife's) is just a banking type account with appropriate tax  attributes set.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • QMac UserQMac User Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I am using QMac. You all have helped me. Thank you. Sounds like QMac just needs functionality like QWin for HSA accounts as well as the ability to set intent for savings accounts. Quicken please add this functionality. .