Home Before you Buy

Will Quicken 2018 work as a stand-alone product on an ipad

UnknownUnknown Member
edited October 2018 in Before you Buy

My Quicken 2016 is currently loaded on a laptop. I am
migrating most of my actives away from the desktop/laptop and over to an ipad. Will
I still need to update Quicken 2018 on the laptop or will I have the same
features if I used the ipad exclusively? What features will I lose if I use
Quicken exclusively from my Ipad?

Comments

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Sorry, Quicken can only be used on a full Windows or Mac computer. Only the Mobile app works on iPads, phones and tablets. You need to sync the mobile app to the Desktop program.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    volvogirl said:

Sorry, Quicken can only be used on a full Windows or Mac computer. Only the Mobile app works on iPads, phones and tablets. You need to sync the mobile app to the Desktop program.

Quicken Mobile App

https://www.quicken.com/content/stay-...

The mobile app is NOT a full version of Quicken. It syncs to the Desktop program.

Mobile App FAQ

https://www.quicken.com/support/quick...

How to set up and sync to the Mobile App

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-s...
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Just so you know - all software is created and written for specific OS platforms....
    PC --> Windows
    Apple --> iOS and MAC iOS
    Android --> Android

So, unless the company has created a version for each platform, it only exists on the orig OS.

As mentioned - there is no Quicken desktop software for the Apple iPad, but there is a Quicken App that allows you to basicaly view the data that has been uploaded from your Quicken desktop software to the Quicken Mobile Cloud ..... and the Mobile App then can download and view it.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ps56k said:

Just so you know - all software is created and written for specific OS platforms....
    PC --> Windows
    Android --> Android

So, unless the company has created a version for each platform, it only exists on the orig OS.

As mentioned - there is no Quicken desktop software for the Apple iPad, but there is a Quicken App that allows you to basicaly view the data that has been uploaded from your Quicken desktop software to the Quicken Mobile Cloud ..... and the Mobile App then can download and view it.

MAC iOS  should be MacOSpreviously Mac OS X and later OS X
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ps56k said:

PC --> Windows
    Android --> Android

tnx...fingers got ahead of the brain -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    An alternative is to set up Quicken on a PC or Mac then access Quicken from a tablet by using remote access software (several free options, e.g. NoMachine and Teamviewer) to access Quicken on one computer from the other, or even mobile devices (see this great article for complete review of many options (most are free): http://machow2.com/rdp-for-mac/ ).

Though this article was written primarily with Macs in mind, there are many solutions offered that work for Windows too. The advantage of these solutions is that you retain access to all the features of Quicken, unlike Quicken Mobile. The trade-off is that the host computer cannot really be used for anything else while using Quicken with these remote solutions. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.