Billminder showing past due bills that aren't past due

Billminder is showing some bills past due that were paid and aren't past due. How do I get rid of those in billminder? I've tried deleting the file QW.RMD as I had read in another post that worked for someone else, but that's not working for me. I am using Quicken Premier 2018, verson R12.15, Build 27.1.12.15

Thanks

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I suspect your issue is the same as the one discussed in: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/billminder-quicken-2017
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Richard SturgeonRichard Sturgeon Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have tech support calling next I have bill past due can not delete according to email was suppose to be fixed.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

It looks like the problem may not be mischaracterizing scheduled bills in Billminder: your bills are showing a Quicken account of "Unspecified bil...". That suggests a problem with your Quicken data.

See:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

If you have incorrect billminder-type data in your Quicken file, deleting QW.RMD is not going to change the contents of QW.RMD. Quicken updates (re-creates when necessary) QW.RMD every time you exit Quicken.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • ghendricghendric Member
    edited September 2018
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

It looks like the problem may not be mischaracterizing scheduled bills in Billminder: your bills are showing a Quicken account of "Unspecified bil...". That suggests a problem with your Quicken data.

See:

If you have incorrect billminder-type data in your Quicken file, deleting QW.RMD is not going to change the contents of QW.RMD. Quicken updates (re-creates when necessary) QW.RMD every time you exit Quicken.

I've tried running the validate file utility but that doesn't do anything. I'm not sure about the update patch. I think that's an older version than the version of Quicken I have. I started seeing this problem after Quicken updated to the latest version. I'm not sure what it is I need to do at this point. You would think they would have some utilities built into the program to help fix any data issues... I write software for a living and thats what I would have done.. You have to think of the user and make it as user friendly as possible. :)
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

See:

From C. D. Bales:

"You would think they would have some utilities built into the program to help fix any data issues ....".

That's just what Validate is; but there is no way to write a "utility" that would solve every possible data issue.

If you can't repair (or delete, and re-enter) the Quicken data that is appearing incorrectly in Billminder and correct the problem; then you will have to wait until Quicken, Inc. addresses the underlying issue in a subsequent release of Quicken.

"I'm not sure about the update patch. I think that's an older version than the version of Quicken I have".

To my knowledge, R12.15 is the most current release of Q2018. But sometimes when a user has updated using the regular patch file, they can fix certain issues by applying the Mondo patch for the same release. I have no idea whether that will apply to your situation - but I don't think there is anything to lose by trying.

[Every Quicken release has a regular patch file and a Mondo patch file:

https://www.quicken.com/support/patch...]
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

See:

You would think they would have some utilities built into the program to help fix any data issues... I write software for a living and thats what I would have done.
    So you would write your software so that if for some reason the account name got deleted/corrupted/or never existed that it would magically figure out what account name was used before it got deleted/corrupted and put it back?

That isn't possible in my universe.

I have seen the Unspecified Biller Account in the past, and it basically means that for whatever reason the correct account to use for this reminder is "gone".

I remember getting this in some cases where I was creating Online Bills/reminders, because there were paths to create an online bill where they didn't even ask for the account, and as such you get what you are seeing.

I think that they have fixed those "paths" in the later patch versions.  I certainly haven't seen it in quite a while (note I have recreated my online bills/reminders several times because problems in that area).

Fixing the reminder for the Unspecified Biller Account should be as easy as going into the reminder and setting the proper account.

As for the other problems, I'm not sure that just changing the account used will fix them.  If not I would start by deleting the reminder and online bill and recreating them.
    edited September 2018
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

See:

"So you would write your software so that if for some reason the account name got deleted/corrupted/or never existed that it would magically figure out what account name was used before it got deleted/corrupted and put it back?"

No, i'd make it easy to edit the corrupted stuff without having to delete and re-create the item.. the current work around is a pain in the butt and not that user friendly. 

I'm tempted to write my own software but I don't have the time...
    edited September 2018
    I tried the mondo patch. That didn't make a difference.
  • Bob UhlBob Uhl Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am showing a Past Due Transaction Transfer that is not actually Past Due. The way this showed up was when I posted an upcoming Transaction Transfer dated for 11/13/2018. But, that caused the Bill Manager to show that the Transaction Transfer dated 10/13/2018 as Past Due when in actuality there was NOT a balance due on 10/13/2018. How can I correct this? 
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Bob Uhl said:

I am showing a Past Due Transaction Transfer that is not actually Past Due. The way this showed up was when I posted an upcoming Transaction Transfer dated for 11/13/2018. But, that caused the Bill Manager to show that the Transaction Transfer dated 10/13/2018 as Past Due when in actuality there was NOT a balance due on 10/13/2018. How can I correct this? 

When there is no balance due for a bill reminder, you may select Skip the reminder to push the reminder's Due next on date.  If you really want to correct this benign issue, you could restore a data file backup you saved prior to entering the transaction.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    edited January 22
    Still having this problem with Quicken 2019... we need a utility that will fix or rebuild the bill minder file