RRSP contribution from employer how? Quicken Canada 2018

Markhfx
Markhfx Member ✭✭
I don’t seem to have option in my paycheque deposit window for a spot for the money that my employer contributes. I have my contribution going to a RRSP account how do I get the employer set up?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    What Q product are you running?  QWin or QMac?  Presumably Canada, is that correct?
    What Build/Release of Q?  (in QMac do Quicken, About Quicken. In QWin, do HELP, About Quicken)
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Markhfx
    Markhfx Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Qwin Home and Business 2018
    R12.8
    Build 27.1.12.8
    Canada
    I assume there must be a spot for employer contribution somewhere?
    Thanks
    Mark  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2018

If you click on EDIT, to the right of your Employee Contribution Transfer line, is there a line there where you can input your Employer's contrib?

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

If you click on EDIT, to the right of your Employee Contribution Transfer line, is there a line there where you can input your Employer's contrib?

Really this question is marked wrong, and should have been marked with a Canadian label so a Canadian user will step in and answer it.

Only they would have the Canadian version and know what options are on the paycheck reminder.

I see other threads that even suggest not using a RRSP account, even though it available, because of various problems.  But they don't talking about the entry in the paycheck reminder.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Then again just the fact that RRSP is in the title should have already attracted the Canadian users attention.  :-)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Community Category "All things Canadian" was added and the title also now reflects Canada.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)
    Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

@Markhxf: When you added the Employee Contribution Transfer by selecting RSP/RPP from the Add Pre-Tax Deduction picklist you would have got the dialogue below. Put the employer's contribution in the bottom box.

• Markhfx
    Markhfx Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thank You everyone, I will look for this tonight when I get a chance
    Mark
This discussion has been closed.