problem adding Target Red Card

Getting CC-502 when trying to add Target Red Card.
It is trying to connect to ebpp01.target.com, and is timing out. When I log into My Red Card account on web it is rcam.target.com which  Quicken has listed as Target National Bank, but my credentials don't work when I try to add Target National Bank using my Target Red Card credentials. It also appears that the site looks quite different since the last time I logged on.
Quicken Premier 2017 R17.4 Windows 10 Pro current on release version 1803.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited September 2018
    Greg, did you have your Target red card set up for transaction downloading previously?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member
    edited September 2018
    I did but yesterday i started getting cc-502s on ALL accounts. I went through the laborious process of deactivating, validating, and adding ALL accounts back. The ONLY one that won't add is Target Redcard.
  • cscs Member
    edited November 2018
    Same problem here: the Target CC website has changed (in particular, username & pwd are now on separate pages), Quicken (R17.4) reports that the website is unavailable. Looking at the connlog, it appears that Quicken isn't receiving a valid response from Target, presumably as a result of the changes.
  • cscs Member
    edited September 2018
    cs said:

Same problem here: the Target CC website has changed (in particular, username & pwd are now on separate pages), Quicken (R17.4) reports that the website is unavailable. Looking at the connlog, it appears that Quicken isn't receiving a valid response from Target, presumably as a result of the changes.

My guess is that Quicken will need to make some changes, so this will take a few days (weeks?) to resolve.
  • edited September 2018
    I'm also having Target issues. I'm using Quicken 2018 Deluxe Version 5.8.0 (Build 58.24400.100) on a Mac. All was working well with my Target Red card transactions until 09.22.18.
    I started getting this error: "FI_TIMEOUT:ccscrape. 102: Retry  System error occurred. Please try again"  
    I can also confirm CS's observation that Target has just recently revamped their website.
  • dcwdcwdcwdcwdcwdcw Member
    edited October 2018
    I am also having a problem with downloading from Target to Quicken.  And it seems that Target's website does not work with the latest Chrome version.
  • cscs Member
    edited September 2018
    dcwdcwdcw said:

I am also having a problem with downloading from Target to Quicken.  And it seems that Target's website does not work with the latest Chrome version.

I don't see a problem with Chrome (on Windows).  I'd guess that one's a local problem, maybe with Chrome configuration, or some addon.
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member
    edited September 2018
    QW H&B 2016: Target National Bank was working for me for years, just started failing with CC-502, no changes by me.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited September 2018
    dcwdcwdcw said:

The problem with Quicken shouldn't be your web browser.  There is no way for Quicken to control your web browser.  It uses an "embedded web browser", which just so happens to be based on a very old chrome source code (changed quite a bit).

But in fact even that is only used when "interacting" with web pages.  For instance maybe if your financial institution has secondary authentication that you have to enter to login.

But Express Web Connect is done on an Intuit server, not your machine.

And I believe your first assumption is correct, that they changed their website and Intuit has yet to change the scripts they use to log know how to properly log into the site.
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member
    edited September 2018
    dcwdcwdcw said:

Agreed
  • Pat ShelbyPat Shelby Member
    edited November 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Target Red Card scrape error 101.

Target Red Card has updated their website and as a result, I'm no longer able to download transactions.  I tried to disconnect and reconnect but still won't work.  After entering my username and password, quicken prompts me for my target security questions and I answer them correctly, but still won't connect.
  • Rick DeckardRick Deckard Member
    edited November 2018
    I have been experiencing all the same problems. So this morning I was not able to logon to my Target account online and a popup said to contact customer support. After a very long wait I spoke io an agent and was told my account was fine but they are having system problems and hope to have access restored later this afternoon. And yes, the entire logon system has been changed so Quicken will need to update their logon scripts for Target.
  • StanRStanR Member
    edited October 2018
    Me too. Stopped working last week around the time Target "upgraded" their website.

Their new FAQ only mentions Quicken in the context of downloading transactions from the website. There is no mention of whether Express Web Connect should or will work. It doesn't say it will but doesn't say it won't. Regular Express Connect (not Express) worked fine for me using Chrome.

I hope this is just a temporary transition problem.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited September 2018
    StanR said:

Me too. Stopped working last week around the time Target "upgraded" their website.

Their new FAQ only mentions Quicken in the context of downloading transactions from the website. There is no mention of whether Express Web Connect should or will work. It doesn't say it will but doesn't say it won't. Regular Express Connect (not Express) worked fine for me using Chrome.

I hope this is just a temporary transition problem.

Just so you know "Regular Express Connect" is actually called "Web Connect", as in downloading/importing a Web Connect/QFX file.  "Express" was added to this name to convey the idea that the Intuit servers will do about the same (depending on the financial institution) automatically.
  • Steve LandrySteve Landry Member
    edited November 2018

I am having the same problem and so sent target support a question. They instructed me to create a qfx file from their download transaction service and to import it into quicken ---- DID NOT WORK. Error OL-221-A
    edited September 2018
    dcwdcwdcw said:

I am running Win10 64-bit and Chrome 69.0.3497.100.  Now when I try to load https://rcam.target.com/ I get "it's time to upgrade your browser."
  • shotgunzshotgunz Member
    edited September 2018

I'm having the same issue.

• Greg BrownGreg Brown Member
    edited November 2018
    It appears that Target is converting all(many) RedCards to Mastercards. Maybe at that point we will be redirected to Target National Bank??? This is supposed to occur in October.
    edited September 2018

It appears that Target is converting all(many) RedCards to Mastercards. Maybe at that point we will be redirected to Target National Bank??? This is supposed to occur in October.

We received new MasterCard REDcards last month. Target recently redesigned their REDcard website and I have not been able to logon since the update. Looks like they did not correct the logon problems yesterday as I was told; still am not able to logon to our account.
  • TayaTaya Member
    edited September 2018

Quicken screen scrapes sites to retrieve transaction history ("express connect") using your username/password & security questions/answers provided. If Target has enhanced their website, and it appears they have, Quicken will have to make changes on their end to accommodate the enhanced site/navigation changes by redeveloping to screen scrape your data from the new website.

• CustomerCustomer Member
    edited September 2018
    Target Mastercard and having the same problem. Everything worked fine last week in Q2016 Premier.
    edited November 2018
    I am now able to access our Target REDcard account online. I did have to the reset the account password and create new hints with answers. After updating Quicken with the password Quicken still gives a CC-501 error code and is not able to connect.
  • badagliaccabadagliacca Member
    edited September 2018
    I am getting the same result as others.  I am using Quicken Deluxe 2018, version R12.15, Build 27.1.12.15.
  • MintUserNewMintUserNew Member
    edited October 2018
    Long time Quicken Target REDcard download user. I'm having the same problems. 
  • MintUserNewMintUserNew Member
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:
    Thank you for.posting this. But do we really need to call them to resolve this, or will they do something
  • Mark GurdaMark Gurda Member
    edited October 2018

Wow... Quicken the only company in the US that doesn't have employees with a Target card to verify the problem personally. 
    edited September 2018
    Or conversely... Target does not care about its card holders that are Quicken users.  If so, they could have provided notification, and better yet, access to a test environment so that whatever work that is needed could have been performed ahead of time.  Then implemented together.  But I do not understand the workings of the Quicken/CreditCard interface and could wrong with this comment.
  • CustomerCustomer Member
    edited September 2018
    In the linked announcement, Quicken is asking us to call in and submit logs of the problem to "escalate it for resolution" - Mark is simply pointing out that they could see the problem for themselves if one of their employees had a Target card and tested downloading it (and they could make their own call that this is important enough for escalation).

While ideally, both sides should plan together for changes such as this, Quicken's algorithm appears to be screen scraping, so the fix is on them at this point.
  • B ChomowitzB Chomowitz Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2017 - Target Redcard Error cc-501.

I have been downloading my Target Redcard transactions multiple times per week with no problems, up until about a week ago.  As of this writing, I am getting cc-501 when I deactivate and reactivate the account for downloading.  I have not changed anything (id/password).  I can go to the Target Redcard site and login with no problems.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.