cant download transactions from chase to quicken was told i need to convert from pdf. file to qfx f

bank statements are not being downloaded from chase to quicken 2018 was told by Chase that i need to convert my statements to  pdf file and i have to get a pdf converter to convert to a qfx file and then it will work  doesnt work!!!

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just looked at my Chase VISA credit card account on their website.
    You can download transactions in "Quicken Web Connect (QFX)" format, but no more than the last 5 months prior to today. Anything older than 5 months appears to be available only as PDF - formatted statements, downloadable one statement at a time.

Somebody else will have to chime in with an answer about PDF converters and how to make them work.
    Keep in mind that Chase changed the statement layout last month. Older statements are formatted differently.
  • B ZARKB ZARK Member
    edited October 2018
    search the web for pdf to qfx converters -  no guarantees but there are some out there. 
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited September 2018
    B ZARK said:

search the web for pdf to qfx converters -  no guarantees but there are some out there. 

Most likely you will never find a PDF to QFX converter.  I don't even think you will find a PDF to QIF converter.

The people that I have seen do this (and it isn't easy or cheap {PDF is a complicated format and as such the converters tend to cost quite a bit}) converted from PDF to CSV and then with another converter from CSV to QIF.

For the CSV to QIF you can use this program and get it done for free in the 30 day trial period:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-is-there-a-way-that-will-allow-you-to-import-transactions-from-qif-csv-excel-ofx-files-into-quicken
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited September 2018
    B ZARK said:

I stand corrected.  I did find a PDF to QFX converted, when searching on the web.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Hello Maggie,

On the Chase website when you choose your account and looking at your transactions, there should be a bar that provides different sort options and a down arrow with a line on the far right hand side that says "Download Account Activity" and offer downloads via .QFX?

Can you confirm if this option is available?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited September 2018

Hello Maggie,

On the Chase website when you choose your account and looking at your transactions, there should be a bar that provides different sort options and a down arrow with a line on the far right hand side that says "Download Account Activity" and offer downloads via .QFX?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

The option is there, but as UKR said, it is limited to 5 months of transactions.

If use their search for Quicken, and select "Learn how to download..." you will get these instructions:

Clicking on your account name/link you and finding and clicking on the download icon will get you to this page:
  • Sam KheloussiSam Kheloussi Member
    edited October 2018
    B ZARK said:

PDF to QDF
    https://www.moneythumb.com/pdf-to-quicken/

QDF to PDF
    https://en.pdf24.org/qdf-2-pdf.html
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    B ZARK said:

Your suffixes are wrong.
  • spgtextilesspgtextiles Member
    edited January 6

Hello Maggie,

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I have same problem. Might be easier to manually input and not let it happen again.....
This discussion has been closed.