Quicken Mobile. Savings is showing under Checking, instead of under savings. How do I move it?

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Using the Mobile App
On Quicken Mobile (Android 8.0.0), under checking, I have Checking and Savings.  But under Savings, I have my HSA account.  How do I move Savings under Savings?  And HSA under "Other" (if there is an option for an Other group)?

When looking at the home screen for the Mobile App, it shows "Checking", but you have to dive down to see what is actually in Checking.  There is an "Other" on this screen.

Just need to have the ability to move them under the correct (or whatever) group I want them under.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello Craig. Appreciate your question.

The information in which is showing up in the Mobile app is provided by the Quicken program installed on your Mac or PC.

If there is an issue with the incorrect account name, I would try resetting the Cloud data and re-sync your accounts.

Reset Cloud Sync for Windows: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
    Reset Cloud Sync for Mac: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac

Hope this information is helpful.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Did the resync, but no change.  Checking and Savings are showing under Checking, and my HSA is showing under savings.  I did see one thing that could be causing it...Account Details is showing an Account Type.  This correlates to what I am seeing on Q Mobile.  Checking is showing Checking, Savings is showing Checking, and HSA is showing Savings.  But it does not give me an option to change it.  I would never have said Savings was checking, so I have no idea where it got labeled as such.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Craig said:

Did the resync, but no change.  Checking and Savings are showing under Checking, and my HSA is showing under savings.  I did see one thing that could be causing it...Account Details is showing an Account Type.  This correlates to what I am seeing on Q Mobile.  Checking is showing Checking, Savings is showing Checking, and HSA is showing Savings.  But it does not give me an option to change it.  I would never have said Savings was checking, so I have no idea where it got labeled as such.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for attempting the re-sync, although I apologize that it did not work to resolve this issue.  If you haven't already, please right-click on the name of the Savings account showing under the checking section on the Account List in the desktop software.

A menu should open, and please select the Edit/Delete account option.  This should open the Account Details window and select the third tab for "Display Options."  In the "Account Intent" section, open the drop-down and select "Savings" instead of Spending and then click Ok.

That change should move the account into the correct section of the Account List in the Savings section but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    That did not work.  All it managed to do if I changed the Account Intent was move it to another section in the accounts list.  But it still has the "incorrect" account type.  For example...For my savings account, the account intent is showing Savings, but the account Type under the General tab is showing Checking.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Craig said:

That did not work.  All it managed to do if I changed the Account Intent was move it to another section in the accounts list.  But it still has the "incorrect" account type.  For example...For my savings account, the account intent is showing Savings, but the account Type under the General tab is showing Checking.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for trying and posting back with the additional information.  If the Account Type in the General tab shows as "Checking" then it indicates that the account was originally created in Quicken as a checking account instead a savings account type.

We're unable to change the Account Type after transactions have been added, however, an alternate way to resolve this, would be to create a brand new manual Savings account in Quicken and move the transactions from the old, checking account into the new savings account (highlight all transactions in the register, right click and select "copy transactions, open the Savings account register, right click and select Paste transactions)

Once all the transactions have been moved, the account would then be activated for downloads and mobile sync and will show under the appropriate "savings" area in the Mobile and Web Companion Apps.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I also have manual Quicken payments from checking relocating themselves to savings.

I have reported this four times. No response.

Is Quicken help like a street-crossing button? It doesn't really change the light but at least it make you feel like you're doing something? 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Randall said:

I also have manual Quicken payments from checking relocating themselves to savings.

Is Quicken help like a street-crossing button? It doesn't really change the light but at least it make you feel like you're doing something? 

Where did you report this? This is your first post in this forum.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Randall said:

Not here in the forum. I have repeatedly reported the issue through Quicken software's trouble reporting tool.
This discussion has been closed.