Clearing Notification (Picture of a bell with red numbers in it) to update Quicken Bill Pay still no

I have used Quicken for Windows for years. I just bought a subscription to update to Home and Business 2019. I do not use Quicken Bill Pay, but I cannot get rid of the red notification telling me I have to update it. Looking back at the forums, I see that this has been an issue for over a year!
All it needs is an option to say "I do not use Quicken Bill Pay - Skip This Step".

Any way to get rid of it?

I even tried to go through the steps to enroll in new Bill Pay short of actually doing it. It tried to verify my identity by offering to text me at two phone numbers I have never seen! Not encouraging...

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    This message will go away if you either select "Skip all" or select that "Migrate" option without actually proceeding with the sign up to bill pay.
    You may have to repeat that 2 or 3 times until it finally takes ... that's what I had to do to get rid of it when I converted to the new Quicken ID.
  • Joseph WitkinJoseph Witkin Member
    edited October 2018
    I have clicked "Skip All" many times. Hasn't worked yet...
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    Try clicking the ">" next to "Migrate to new bill pay platform" to expand that portion of the dialog. That's what worked for me, IIRC (it's been a while ...)
  • Joseph WitkinJoseph Witkin Member
    edited October 2018
    Nothing is working - the red bell remains. Funny, I recall a similar issue with an old version of Quicken (under Intuit) quite a few years back - same issue, annoying red notification (for a different reason, I forget what). Took a large number of updates before it finally went away. Don't see why this would be difficult programming! They say switching to the new BillPay platform is "mandatory", but there is no opt-out if you don't ever use BillPay.