Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken 2019 Web Access Conflict

Andrew AngellAndrew Angell Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Using Quicken on the Web
I have recently updated to Quicken 2019 R14.23 27.1.14.23 as shown:

However, when I go to https://app.quicken.com and try to login there, I keep getting this message:

I have gone back into my Quicken and checked for updates again, which it finds none.  I went into the Mobile and Web section of Quicken, and I clicked the Sync Now button, so now it correctly shows that it was synced today.

However, when I try to view the web app I still get the same message about not syncing from the proper version.

I'd love to give this web access a try, but I'm scared to say "Use Now Anyway".  Please advise how I can resolve this problem.  Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Mac Beta admin
    edited December 2018
    Hi Andrew,
    Apologies--this is an error that sometimes (incorrectly) occurs if your login token for Quicken is set to renew and you sync to the cloud at the same time--this essentially puts things out of sync.  If you close and reopen the desktop, then perform another sync, you should no longer see this message.  We're working to fix this incorrect messaging now--but it should not cause any issues, since you're clearly on the latest desktop release.

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Andrew AngellAndrew Angell Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Okay, this seems to be working now, thanks.  I do have another problem now, but I'll create a separate ticket for that.  

I don't see a way to mark the ticket resolved..??
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018

Okay, this seems to be working now, thanks.  I do have another problem now, but I'll create a separate ticket for that.  

I don't see a way to mark the ticket resolved..??

Only moderators can mark threads as solved/closed.
  • tmonicotmonico Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    First off let me say that this is truly a great feature to debut with Quicken 2019.  I am a premier customer. I have been using quicken for over 5 years now and I really like the consolidated place for all of our financial info.  However, one drawback has always been how to shar the info with my wife without doing a paper report or moving the laptop to a common spot.  I am not a big fan of going mobile (phone) but this new web I/f. solves the issue.  I have not dug deep into this but it looks really nice.

I hit the same problem when I first tried.  I downloaded the update and then had to close all of the browsers that I had open, I opened my data file in the new program version of Quicken and reauthenticate to quicken thru a clean browser session and issue resolved.
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Mac Beta admin
    edited December 2018
    tmonico said:

First off let me say that this is truly a great feature to debut with Quicken 2019.  I am a premier customer. I have been using quicken for over 5 years now and I really like the consolidated place for all of our financial info.  However, one drawback has always been how to shar the info with my wife without doing a paper report or moving the laptop to a common spot.  I am not a big fan of going mobile (phone) but this new web I/f. solves the issue.  I have not dug deep into this but it looks really nice.

I hit the same problem when I first tried.  I downloaded the update and then had to close all of the browsers that I had open, I opened my data file in the new program version of Quicken and reauthenticate to quicken thru a clean browser session and issue resolved.

Thank you for your feedback, and reporting your experience, tmonico!  All of this info helps us make the product better and better :)

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • tmonicotmonico Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    tmonico said:

no problem.  agree with your comments 100%.  In my case I will be using the web interface for viewing/read-only but maybe eventually we will start using it for normal day-to-day activity.  We'll see. 
  • Tim21Tim21 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi Andrew,
    Apologies--this is an error that sometimes (incorrectly) occurs if your login token for Quicken is set to renew and you sync to the cloud at the same time--this essentially puts things out of sync.  If you close and reopen the desktop, then perform another sync, you should no longer see this message.  We're working to fix this incorrect messaging now--but it should not cause any issues, since you're clearly on the latest desktop release.

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn

Where do you access the Web Version of Quicken?  Is there a portal page and can you input or manage transactions just like within a desktop product?
  • Andrew AngellAndrew Angell Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi Andrew,

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn

Go to https://app.quicken.com and sign in with your Quicken account.
  • Tim21Tim21 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi Andrew,

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn

Thank you kindly Andrew
This discussion has been closed.