Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Deluxe Version 2019 - care code 180

James NailJames Nail Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken Deluxe for Windows latest 2019 version.  When I login to Quicken Web I see an exclamation mark on the right side of two accounts with Bank of America.  If I click on the exclamation mark there is a 'care code 180 error with two options, 'CANCEL' or 'TRY AGAIN'.  I do not have any errors on the Desktop version after OSU, and other B of A accounts (same bank) do not have exclamation mark.  If I touch 'TRY AGAIN', nothing happens.  I see no web activity.  Any help on this please?

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    searched web but could find nothing about this error.  your choices are to contact support, wait for someone else to respond or perhaps contact BOA - sometimes the problem is on their end and there is nothing Quicken can do.     
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I would first try resetting your cloud account.
    From desktop Quicken: Edit >> Preferences >> Quicken ID, Synch & Alerts, then click Reset Cloud Data.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I am having a similar problem connecting to Bank of America this morning as well.   I was able to connect yesterday, however.  I am having the issue on laptop software as well as my IOS app.  I am not getting that care code 180 error message, though.   I disabled the BOA sync then tried setting it up again, but I was unable to get the account to connect (got an message indicating my username or password was incorrect).   When I log in to BOA myself, I have no issue.    I several other apps that connect to BOA that are all working, so it appears that the issue may be with Quicken.   That's just my guess.   
  • CUITCNYCUITCNY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I had the same problem; try Quicken Connect; it worked for me, but I have to use two-step verification.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I don't have a solution, but an explanation.

Everybody is familiar with the downloads between the financial institutions (FI) and the desktop software, but the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) is where the data that is synced from the desktop to the Quicken servers for display and manipulation by either QMobile or the new Quicken Web.

What most users don't know is that the QCA also downloads information from the FIs into itself for display in mobile and eventual syncing back to the desktop.

These errors are coming from the download between the QCA and the FI. The OP stated he saw no web activity, that makes sense because all you might see is the flicker of the signal back to the QCA to trigger a download from the FI which doesn't involve QMobile or Q-Web if it fails.  Since it fails, all that comes back is the failure message, so the whole process doesn't take a lot of network activity.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.