Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

CC-899, then sorry we encountered an error (not your fault)

PegPeg Member ✭✭
Quicken 2017 Deluxe on Windows 10. Two days ago, 3 different financial institutions failed to download transactions: Capital One, PayPal, LLBean Citibank
4 other FIs updated as usual, so it isn't a universal failure. Error given was CC-899. I then deactivated and tried to reactivate these 3 FIs, but now get "Sorry we encountered an error (not your fault)". I found this month-old conversation which seems to apply, but I see it is closed to add comments. https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-09-13-18-cc-898-or-cc-899
Can anyone help?

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited October 2018
    Hi Peg,

Online Banking errors such as CC-899 can be caused by a few different reasons.  If you haven't already, please go through the steps found at https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-cc-899 and let us know if the CC-899 error persists, changes to a different code or is resolved.

If the error persists, the 4 other Financial Institution's that did update correctly, what connection method are they activated with?  Express Web Connect, Direct Connect or Web Connect?  If you aren't sure this information may be found in the Tools menu > Account List.  Click the Edit button to the right of the account name and select the middle "Online Services" tab in the window that opens.  The connection method should be listed towards the middle, left side of the window.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • PegPeg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dear Sarah,
    Thank you for your reply. I went through the steps in your link. However, since deactivating the troublesome accounts, I now cannot reactivate them. This means the error isn't CC-899 but rather "Sorry we encountered an error (but it's not your fault). so now I can't establish updating for those accounts.
    The accounts that are working are all Direct Connect.
    What should I do next to get these three FIs working again: Capital One, LLBean Citi and PayPal?
    Thanks again,
    Peg
  • Keri KenneyKeri Kenney Member
    edited October 2018
    I am having this same issue and would appreciate a solution.
  • PegPeg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Keri,I wasn't able to solve the problem with any of the links given in various threads on this forum. Eventually, I ended up on Quicken's help chat, several hours. Still no success. Finally the chat helper said my file was corrupted and he had me revert to a backup file that was saved prior to this problem. That worked and luckily, I didn't have to go back too far.
  • GuyGuy Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm facing the same error. I tried many methods to reset the connection and still the same error with: Bank of america, USBank and Barclaycardus.
    American Express, First Republic Bank and Fidelity are still working without issues.

I did notice that I cannot reset the connection on my Mortgage account and I get an error code CC-501
  • GuyGuy Member
    edited December 2018
    Alright, I ended up deleting the mortgage account, then I navigated to Tools=>Online Center. Clicked on Update/send while pressing CTRL+SHIFT, clicked on Reset CC credentials. Closed the re-opened Quicken then I was able to reconnect to the institutions
  • Paul DenBoerPaul DenBoer Member
    edited November 2018
    Guy said:

Alright, I ended up deleting the mortgage account, then I navigated to Tools=>Online Center. Clicked on Update/send while pressing CTRL+SHIFT, clicked on Reset CC credentials. Closed the re-opened Quicken then I was able to reconnect to the institutions

Thanks Guy. Solved my problem I had for many months.
  • Mike KMike K Member
    edited November 2018
    I am having this problem too - exactly as described by the original poster but with Citi.  Has there been any progress to resolve? I tried the suggestion by Guy above but it didn't work for me,
  • PegPeg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    For me (original poster), none of the suggestions worked. Nor did my two sessions with Quicken Help. Eventually the Quicken Help person had me revert to a backup saved before the problem commenced. This worked and it's been good since. Happily, I only had to go back about a week, so it wasn't much bother to get caught up.
  • EmKayEmKay Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guy said:

Thank you SO much.  I was just on a chat with actual quicken support, trying to solve MANY CC-501 and "Not your fault" errors on a variety of accounts - once I cleared some non-matched transactions and did your reset, things seem to be flowing again.  For now!
This discussion has been closed.