Loan payment missing from register; cannot fix next payment date

124»

Comments

• bupson2
    bupson2 Member ✭✭
    This problem appears to be something I can now duplicate in the program. I wasn't sure until just recently (using a backup file).
    1. Open the Bills & Income > Bills, Income & Transfers
    2. Pick the next Mortgage bill that is due (Nov 1 in this case)
    3. Enter the bill as being paid (with the date changed to reflect the current date)
    4. Verify that the next bill is due on Dec 1, and is visible on this page
    5. Go click on the Mortgage account itself (I usually have to go edit the previous payment amounts, as the software does not break up the transactions in the same manner as the bank).
    6. switch to 'Payment Details'
    7. Select the previous payment (not the one I just entered) > right-click on it and select 'go to matching transfer'
    8. I don't even need to make a change... just click 'OK'
    9. Open the Bills & Income > Bills, Income & Transfers
    10. Notice that the Dec 1 bill is now missing.

This is repeatable, and happens every time with this backup file. My thread on this subject was recently closed out, so hopefully someone at quicken will look at this existing thread.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20031847#Comment_20031847
  • bupson2
    bupson2 Member ✭✭
    Looking at the post by 'Q', I did notice that if you changed the mortgage payment option from 'Loan Reminder' to 'Memorized Payee', and corrected the date (and then switched back from 'Memorized Payee' to 'Loan Reminder', and it appears to be sticking for the moment. But I am not doing this every month.
  • bawalsh
    bawalsh Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have had this same issue for a while. Tried talking to support a while back (almost a year ago) but got nowhere. I have found various ways to hide the issue temporarily. It just keeps coming back. Now it just started happening on another loan. My loan payments are all advancing 5 months not just one. I have to keep resetting the payment date after each payment. What is the point of the payment reminder system if I have to keep manually setting the reminder. I have been relying on Quicken software for almost 20 years. I have had zero issues until this forced upgrade to 2019. If I can no longer trust it to tell me when I have a payment due I do not see the point in paying for it any longer. [removed - rant/off topic]
  • DCU4Life
    DCU4Life Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    [removed - rant]
  • It's a shame specially for the ones out there like me using Quicken as a trust, friendly, and reliable personal finance software for too long 20+ years. I've experiencing the same issue. The ONLY reason why I haven't switched yet is because I got used to rely on Quicken Projected Balances. I don't know of any other tool that can show that.
  • psobilo
    psobilo Member ✭✭✭
    I continue to see fellow Quicken users complain about this issue while waiting for Quicken to address/fix the problem. 

If you look at my posts from May 4 and May 5, I have produced a 'fix' that corrected my loan, and the fix continues to work today; no missed payments or skipped months.  It requires a fair amount of time (depending on when the loan started) and patience to rebuild the loan(s), but it solved my problem.  The only question you have to ask yourself: Is the aggravation worth it to wait for Quicken?
  • DCU4Life
    DCU4Life Member ✭✭
    I guess posting an update stating that this problem continues and has not been fixed, despite the critical nature of the problem, is considered a rant. We'll see if this post gets deleted as well...
  • GeoDosch
    GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
    Can someone from Quicken provide an update as to the status of this issue?
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Count me in as another LONG term Quicken user with this recurring problem on multiple loan accounts. Very concerning--caused me to be late on one payment already. This is a "bread and butter" reliability issue. Hard to believe Quicken doesn't take this on as a priority!
  • TTrader
    TTrader Member
    Recently converted from Premier 2017 to Premier Sub. My Feb. mortgage payment reminder is non-existent. So that likely means the Cash Flow forecast "Projected Balances" is wrong. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

Never happened before over MANY years of being Q user. Now I find this thread and see it's been an issue raised long ago by others and just blown away there's not been a fix. C'mon Quicken, this is a super-basic task in personal finance, right?
  • This issue continues. I even took 4 hours of time at the start of the new year to create a new Quicken file and set up all my accounts again. I only have activity in the file since January. This started happening again right away. Quicken, what do we have to do to get you to fix basic functionality? I'd be out of a job...
  • Wow, I just checked the known issues - this isn't even listed....
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's disappointing to hear that it's still happening. The description of the update a few days ago seemed to indicate that they'd fixed the problem.
  • afeury
    afeury Member
    Just adding a "me too" comment. I've been using Quicken ever since MS Money went away (RIP) and this is so sad. Between this, half my banks randomly not connecting to download transactions, and the general clunkiness of the program I think I'm done. I may try some of the troubleshooting issues in this thread, but probably I'll just sink that time into making a really nice spreadsheet.
  • GeoDosch
    Yesterday I got the update to Premier 2020 (Windows) to version R25.18, build 27.1.25.18. The notes said it corrected a problem with skipping scheduled payments, so I was hoping this issue would be fixed. But there's no change.

I edited the next date on a loan, ran a File Validation, restarted Quicken, fixed the date again (since it had skipped a month), restarted again, fixed the date again. The last payment was 2/20, and the next date changes to 4/20, no matter how often I fix it. And the payment schedule skips the 3/20 payment.

Bottom line: this is still not fixed.
  • GeoDosch
    I received another Quicken update. There was no prompt to install it (so that I couldn't do an extra backup first) nor was there any list of fixes. So now I'm on R27.24, but the loan skipping a month, with no ability to edit the next payment date and not have it just keep adding a month, is still there.

They did, however, change the [Save] button on the register to a green floppy-disc icon. So I guess meaningless GUI changes take precedence over basic account tracking problems that are going on 2 years old... :'(
  • Jay Conway
    Jay Conway Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.  The only work around I have found to work is to add a day to the next payment window.  It will not take that month off if you keep trying to use the loans due date day.  I don't know why but if your next payment due is 6/4 for example but Quicken won't let you change it from 7/4 then enter 6/5 for your next payment due and Quicken gladly accepts it.  Your due date on Quicken now actually differs by your true due date by one day but I don't really care.  At least it is not a month off.
  • Jay Conway
    Jay Conway Member ✭✭
    There is a work around of sorts if you don't mind adding a day to your actual due date.  For some reason quicken holds that actual day sacred or something.  If you want to change the due date for your next payment try adding one day to it. Say for example that your next payment is due June 4 but Quicken says it is July 4 and Quicken won't let you change it to June 4 then change it to June 5.  Quicken will gladly accept this.  COME ON QUICKEN YOU CAN FIX THIS.  Until then this workaround works for me as the one day is not a big issue to me.