Report a problem to Quicken

Has the Help>Report a problem... EVER worked for anyone?

An amusing sense of humor to include a feature to report problems and it doesn't work. I've tried it more than once, and it always fails. Plus it will not allow me to include a screenshot.

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser
    edited November 2018
    When this was broken about a year ago, you could get it to work by viewing each of the logs before attempting to send them. I think it was failing because one or more of the log files did not exist, and viewing would somehow fix that.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    Uhhh, Clayton, you sent your live email address in the picture you submitted ...

Today, there seem to be some rough spots on the road to Quicken, with problems having been reported on the Quicken servers.
    See the announcements on the Community homepage.

As to your question ... check out what Jim said about missing log files.
    On top of that, I think, you are getting nailed by Quicken server problems today.
    And they know about it already, so I'd say, there's no need to send another problem report.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    On the subject of the screenshot.  In fact you were sending one.  It doesn't allow you to pick a screenshot.  Instead what it does is take a screenshot of whatever is on your screen at the time you select Help -> Report a problem.

Which of course makes it pretty useless for dialogs that are "blocking" because you can't get to Help -> Report a problem, without closing them.

It also means that if you have something sensitive on your screen you will not get any kind of chance to edit it and hide it.

Also on the sending problem.  I consistently had problems with it when sending my QDF file.
    It seems like it had a short time out, and sending it on my old DSL took a long time.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Hi Clayton,

I just wanted to let you know that I temporarily removed and redacted your image above to blur out your email address and last name to keep your privacy intact and just re-posted the image.

When Quicken is unable to send the Report a Problem submission, it's generally because the tool isn't able to locate one or more of the files at the expected file pathway.  Typically reinstalling Quicken (without uninstalling first) will correct the pathways so all files can be found and should then allow the Report a Problem to be sent successfully.

If a reinstall doesn't resolve the issue, is there by any chance a space or other symbol in your Windows Profile Name?  

Thanks!

Sarah
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited October 2018

Hi Clayton,

I just wanted to let you know that I temporarily removed and redacted your image above to blur out your email address and last name to keep your privacy intact and just re-posted the image.

When Quicken is unable to send the Report a Problem submission, it's generally because the tool isn't able to locate one or more of the files at the expected file pathway.  Typically reinstalling Quicken (without uninstalling first) will correct the pathways so all files can be found and should then allow the Report a Problem to be sent successfully.

If a reinstall doesn't resolve the issue, is there by any chance a space or other symbol in your Windows Profile Name?  

Thanks!

Sarah

Good afternoon Sarah. As always, Thank You. Nope, no spaces or special characters in the Profile, just Clayton. Anyway, I just went through it all. Q didn't want to install initially without first performing an uninstall that failed. Used a third party uninstaller and then performed an install, properly. All went flawlessly and I'm connected, back up and running like a well oiled Marine.

If I could, I'd send you in for a raise. Sincerely appreciate your time, knowledge and willingness to share and help. On behalf of the entire community, we appreciate you.
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited October 2018

Hi Clayton,

Thanks!

Sarah

Thanks for the replies folks. But I just tried again, after viewing each log file and it still bombs out. Why I keep trying to use it, I have no idea.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited October 2018

Hi Clayton,

Thanks!

Sarah

> "Why I keep trying to use it, I have no idea."

Because you're glutton for punishment?

<g,d,r>

By the way, are you using Q 2019 or an older version? I forget.
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited October 2018

Hi Clayton,

Thanks!

Sarah

LOL, a good one ;

UKR I'm one of those naïve characters that still believes things should work and I will beat my head against an concrete abutment trying to make it happen. I never learn.

Quicken 2019 Premier, Version R14.27, Build 27.1.14.27
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)

Have to say I'm one of the very lucky ones that Windows V1809 has had NO negative impact on.

Do have to say yesterday's reinstall corrected a couple of minor anomalies I had, and I'll swear the app loads and runs quicker.
This discussion has been closed.