Problems with Target card

For several weeks I've had to authenticate my Target card every time before it downloads to my Mac.  Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am having the same problem on Quicken for Windows.  I update my accounts and every time Quicken gets to Target Card it prompts me for the password.  The password is correct in the vault so I don't understand why it's asking for what it already has.  But giving it the same password it connects.  Quicken, please look into this!
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
    edited October 2018
    Ok, so I think I figured this out (my problem at least).  I tried to log into the Target Card web site itself and found that I couldn't.  I got a message like "We are unable to log you in at this time."  It didn't say anything about my password being wrong or anything.  Anyway, I decided the system likely wanted me to reset my password so I clicked the button "Forgot password".  I got a new temporary password sent to me via email and was able to proceed.  I was asked for new security questions, updated to a new permanent password, agreed to a bunch of legal jargon, agreed to continue with electronic communication, blah, blah... finally was able to log into RCAM (Target Card).

Updated the password in Quicken vault and updated my accounts there.  This time I wasn't prompted for a password, but the answer to one of the security questions I answered in the previous step on the web site.  Quicken proceeded to show that it had connected (albeit nothing to download as I haven't used the card in a couple months).

I hope I don't get prompted for security questions every time I update my accounts but I guess it's better than having it fail.

So Tony, I advise you try to do the same if that's indeed what your issue is.
  • Tony RobinsonTony Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I've tried everything you've suggested.  I still need to authenticate every time I run a download.  I just said 'screw it' and enter manually.
  • fritzinpaseofritzinpaseo Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am having the same problem and am now doing manual transactions due to Quicken's issue with connecting to Target.   
  • KurtKurt Member
    edited November 2018
    I have the same problem. I've contacted both Quicken and Target at least three times each and they point the finger at each other. Quicken won't help because I'm able to "fix" it by going to the Target web site and resetting my security questions, then going back to Quicken. However, I have to do this almost every time I use Quicken. Target won't help and suggests I manually download the transactions. This started about a month ago. My guess is that Target updated their system and now it won't play nice with Quicken. As mentioned in another thread, I also have the problem of downloading duplicates of the same transaction. I have to manually delete the extra ones so the balance is correct. The scenario goes like this: I try to download from Quicken, I get the Resolve button. If you just enter your login again, it won't work. You have to go to the Target web site, reset your security questions, then go back to Quicken, enter your login info and transactions will download. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long. Quicken please investigate.
    edited November 2018
    EXACTLY my situation!  I use my Target card so infrequently that I said screw it and turned off the download.  I manually enter my one or two transactions a month.  It was nice when Quicken did it, but alas, all good things must end.
    edited January 5

EXACTLY my situation!  I use my Target card so infrequently that I said screw it and turned off the download.  I manually enter my one or two transactions a month.  It was nice when Quicken did it, but alas, all good things must end.

Very true, but Quicken is usually not the best at fixing issues, but they always want you to upgrade every year.   Wish there was another product out there that provided better service.
  • dkumpdkump Member ✭✭
    edited January 5
    I was using Quicken 2017 and had constant issues.  I've upgraded to 2019 and although it seems a little better, it still doesn't work right.  So if they ask you to upgrade, it will probably be a waste of time and money.
  • edited November 2018
    I have the same issue.  I'm regretting having just bought Quicken through 2020.  They're terrible about fixing issues and don't seem to pay attention to their forums where so many are complaining about this issue.
  • Ben HoxieBen Hoxie Member
    edited November 2018
    I have the same issue.  Used to be very robust - something changed.

upgraded from 2017 to 2019... no improvement.
  • bizzybizzy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I keep getting prompted to fix my login info with Quicken, which never works.  I double checked my login info with Target and it works.  I change password in the password vault only to see it's the exact same password. Quicken still doesn't work.  I try resetting the account through quicken.  Still doesn't work.  I deactivate the account and try to activate.  Guess what?  Still doesn't work.
  • edited November 2018
    I have the same issue with Target CC ever since Target changed their web page design.
    I go to Quicken and update my Account info with Target. Goes all the way through even shows the account. When I go to the final step Quicken cannot communicate with Target and it fails.
    edited November 2018
    I have received 11 'me too' responses to my issue.  You would think with a thread this large, Quicken would step in with a response.
  • edited November 2018
    My guess is the issue is with Target's redesign and they have something broken.
    May require both to work together.. Lol
  • edited November 2018
    I was able to get Target to work today for the first time since their new web page design.
    Go into Quicken, go to your target register, edit account details, go to Online Services and deactivate.
    NOTE: Reset does not and has not worked for Target.
    Once deactivated follow steps to activate, enter information as requested.

• Quicken AlexQuicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello All,

I've been keeping an eye on this issue, and apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, this is a known, ongoing issue with Target since about September 24th. I've checked our systems and confirmed there are still widespread issues with Target downloads at this time due to their system maintenance.

While we continue to work with both Target and our service provider, we'll update the Community Announcement for this issue as we receive updates. To ensure you're notified, please Follow this Announcement: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-9-26-2018-target-national-bank-returning-cc-...

Sincerely,
    Alex
  • Stuart BrownStuart Brown Member
    edited November 2018
    Alex:  What you linked to seems to be a thread that hints via the Update, that the issue is resolved and to contact the bank if there are issues.  If you are going to link to it, it should indicate somewhere that this is still an open case.  

For those that complaining about Quicken...other competitors that interface with Target are having the same issue.

As an aside...what kind of security model has the prompt for the Security Question before the password prompt. (Target Redcard website)?

• edited November 2018
    Today I unregistered & re-registered my Target account, and it started working again.  I had tried that many times over the past couple months, and it never worked till now.  I guess better late than never.

I hope Target doesn't mess up for so long like this again.  If they do I'll cancel my Target card.  The 5% discount isn't worth this much trouble for an account that only has 3 to 5 transactions per month.
  • edited November 2018
    I submitted this information yesterday and it worked.. Today the problem was back again..
    I was able to get Target to work today for the first time since their new web page design.
    Go into Quicken, go to your target register, edit account details, go to Online Services and deactivate.
  • KurtKurt Member
    edited November 2018
    I deactivated and reactivated my Target account once before with no luck. It seems to work for a couple of days, then I'm forced to go back to Target web site to reset my security questions. With the suggestion a couple of days ago, I decided to try it again. This time I selected "Target National Bank" instead of "Target Guest Card". So far it's working, but I will wait and see. Fingers crossed...
    edited November 2018

Today I unregistered & re-registered my Target account, and it started working again.  I had tried that many times over the past couple months, and it never worked till now.  I guess better late than never.

I hope Target doesn't mess up for so long like this again.  If they do I'll cancel my Target card.  The 5% discount isn't worth this much trouble for an account that only has 3 to 5 transactions per month.

I disagree.  I like the 5% discount (10% on subscriptions).  I, too, only use it a few times month.  Manually entering the few transactions is only a little irritating.  

I got a reply from another user stating he reactivated using Target Nat'l Bank instead of Target Guest Card; says he's having success.  I'm giving it a try.
  • edited November 2018
    Same here does not work the next day.. Makes not difference "Target National Bank" instead of "Target Guest Card" always broken the next day.
    edited November 2018

Same here does not work the next day.. Makes not difference "Target National Bank" instead of "Target Guest Card" always broken the next day.

Now my Citi cards won't connect.  I think 2019 has issues.
    edited January 18

Works for a day.
    edited November 2018

Hello All,

I've been keeping an eye on this issue, and apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, this is a known, ongoing issue with Target since about September 24th. I've checked our systems and confirmed there are still widespread issues with Target downloads at this time due to their system maintenance.

While we continue to work with both Target and our service provider, we'll update the Community Announcement for this issue as we receive updates. To ensure you're notified, please Follow this Announcement: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-9-26-2018-target-national-bank-returning-cc-...

Sincerely,
    Alex

Now I'm having issues with my Citi cards connecting.  Wassup with 2019?
    edited November 2018

Hey Tony. That’s been my experience as well. When I originally replied to this thread I thought I nipped it in the bud but it only worked for a day. The very next time I tried to update it failed.
  • edited November 2018
    Same here.  A day later it stopped working again.
  • G.S.G.S. Member
    edited November 2018
    Ugh!  I wish I would've looked her before wasting 45 minutes on the phone with Target.  Target told me to only download one month at a time.  Unlike before, It came into Quicken, but wouldn't link to the account.
  • Lori LambertLori Lambert Member
    edited November 2018
    I was told by Target the issue is that they have four security questions and Quicken has to have the answer to all four (since the security questions rotate). Unfortunately, Quicken will only allow answers to two of the four when you register the account. Each time you attempt to update in Quicken if you don't get the same two questions, Target reads it as an error and you not only don't get the update, you end up getting locked out of your Target credit card account for errors with login attempts. Very frustrating!  It seems this is a Quicken issue to fix.

edited November 2018
    Thanks Lori, that makes sense, however Quicken is not that logical so we may have to keep entering manually.  
This discussion has been closed.