quicken completely down updating with accounts

quicken completely down updating with accounts. error says it not my fault quicken server issue. Whats up?

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

If you get error
    CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts (other accounts
    using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK) ...

CC 501 - Reset Credentials

Please read and try
    this:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/i-just-got-some-help-from-quicken-customer-service-that-i-will-share-about-cc-501

• mbonismbonis Member
    edited October 2018
    This is crazy the stuff you have to do to get anything to work with this software. Seems every week there is a problem. Still can't download any transactions. Then they say deactivate all your accounts and start over. Yea I have time to do this every day. Come up with a fix already!
  • edited October 2018
    mbonis said:

This is crazy the stuff you have to do to get anything to work with this software. Seems every week there is a problem. Still can't download any transactions. Then they say deactivate all your accounts and start over. Yea I have time to do this every day. Come up with a fix already!

I totally agree. I open quicken usually weekly and it takes me hours to do something in it, there are always errors I need to correct or download and fix stuff. so unproductive!
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    mbonis said:

My solution is to only deal with FIs that support Direct Connect downloads or I download the QXF file from the website, I stay away from Express Web Connect downloads, the scourge of downloading.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mbonismbonis Member
    edited October 2018
    mbonis said:

Still!!!image
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    mbonis said:

Hello mbonis, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Have you tried making a New Quicken File and try adding your accounts to see if this issue exists in a new environment?

Please let us know the outcome.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • mbonismbonis Member
    edited October 2018
    Do you realize how long that would take? And it seems i would have to do something like this weekly. What is causing data to become corrupt?
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    mbonis said:

Do you realize how long that would take? And it seems i would have to do something like this weekly. What is causing data to become corrupt?

Hello mtbonis,

The data corruption could be a number of reasons. It could be an issue with how the file is saved, if it is saved locally or on Dropbox/Cloud devices.

This issue would need to be looked at by Quicken Phone Support in order to find the end result of the issues that you are having.

Please request a screen share from one of our agents when you call in.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    mbonis said:

Do you realize how long that would take?

It would take a few minutes, AT MOST, to create a new Q file (FILE, NEW Quicken File command) and create any one of the problem accounts.  This account doesn't need to have all of the data of your existing account ... it just needs to be present and enabled for download.

Then, try that download and see what happens.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.