quicken 2019 - Mondo patch R15.15

The size of the US mondo patch shows as 1.45GB. Doesn't look right! Because it is typically few 100 MB. Can anyone advice on what is going on?

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription

Comments

• Dan GlynhamptonDan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes, something looks strange about them, both patches are over a GB which is way larger than usual. One of the Super Users has reported that they downloaded the Mondo patch and it wouldn’t install.

I suggest holding off downloading them for the moment, it looks like they may be corrupt in some way or possibly the wrong files altogether.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019 R18.16 on Windows 10 Pro v1903
  • Fred WaltersFred Walters Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It is about 4 to 5 times the normal size and here is the message I got when installing;

My disk has over 273GB of free space.

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Do Not attempt to install this patch. It will not install and worse, will put your current install into an unstable state that could corrupt your data file.  If you have already attempted to the install the patch and then run OSU, if you are asked to download an update, do not, it will corrupt your data file. You will need to uninstall and re-install Quicken, maybe a clean install for good measure using the QCleanUI process.
  • msinca2msinca2 Member
    edited October 2018
    Today, I got a notification from Quicken Premier  (Windows) that I needed to install the latest update R15.15.  Because of an issue with one of the most recent updates (Sept) that caused me not to be able to properly auto-fill information, I've been hesitant to install updates even though I know that I will eventually need to.  I've been downloading the Mondo patches to install a few weeks after everything seems to be working OK.

So I took a look at the update on the Quicken Update page.  The Manual Update is 1.27GB and the Mondo is nearly 1.5GB.  Gigabytes?!?  I have to tell you that this update size is absolutely shocking to me. Given that the previous (14.23) Mondo patch was 360MB (4 times smaller), I have to wonder...what the heck is going on in this latest update?  

I don't have high hopes for a clear explanation of what is going on here but its examples like this that make me seriously reconsider continuing my 20yr+ usage of Quicken.

Lastly, is there a quick way (without having to search through every single posting on the Community) to find out common issues folks are having with the latest patch?   If Quicken wants to regain back my trust in their updates, having a quick reference (right on the update page) like this would be very helpful.
  • MrPastryMrPastry Member
    edited October 2018

It is about 4 to 5 times the normal size and here is the message I got when installing;

My disk has over 273GB of free space.

Have the same issue as well.
  • masugmasug Member
    edited October 2018
    When I think my trust on Quicken can go no longer down, it does.

The huge file is still on the website 24 hours later. I am also wondering about the contents of the file. It is that Quicken simply screwed up and uploaded two wrong files or does the file contain something malicious? 
  • masugmasug Member
    edited October 2018

Do Not attempt to install this patch. It will not install and worse, will put your current install into an unstable state that could corrupt your data file.  If you have already attempted to the install the patch and then run OSU, if you are asked to download an update, do not, it will corrupt your data file. You will need to uninstall and re-install Quicken, maybe a clean install for good measure using the QCleanUI process.

Thanks. I even aborted the download as it looks very very suspicious. 
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Kudos to Quicken for reaching out. Wait for a new patch to be posted that is not gigabyte in size. It should work as expected; the data file corruption issues appear to have been fixed. 
  • masugmasug Member
    edited October 2018

File size gone down to 221.96MB. I really wonder what the 1+GB file contained. Couldn't find any explanation from Quicken. Strange!!
  • Fred WaltersFred Walters Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Check this out for what was in the package:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/there-is-not-enough-space-on-drive-c-to-extract-...
  • CHARLES BEHRMANCHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Dont try to install it it will corrupt your data file and break your connections for downloading for your bank it happened to me.
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited November 2018
This discussion has been closed.