Target Bank resetting account

For the last six weeks or so (since Target Bank changed their website) I've been having my account locked out repeatedly.  It seems the issue is related to Quicken 2016 for Windows' attempts to update.  For the record, after performing a security questions reset on the Target Bank website and deactivating and reactivating the online services for the account in Quicken I am able to download transactions.  For one or two days until my account is locked again.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Comments

• JeffJeff Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes!  I have been fighting that as well for 6 weeks.  Very frustrating.  My last connect to Target Bank was October 7th.  I have been having to download transactions via their web interface to at least update Quicken.  I have tried deactivating my online access, but it fails to deactivate.  So, my Target account in Quicken is stuck in limbo.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am locked out of my Target RedCard account until I receive the new Mastercard...
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited October 2018
    Quicken support has confirmed they're working on solving the problem with Target. Unfortunately they don't bother to update their download system or post a message here, so you have to spend half an hour getting pass the standard useless first level template before they look in the system and tell you something they could have notified you about.
  • Paul DillonPaul Dillon Member
    edited November 2018
    Same here as others, I go through all kinds of nonsense on the Target site and in Quicken to reset things, it works, I'm a happy camper, then a day or two later it fails and I'm right back where I started with error CC-585.
  • fizicsfredfizicsfred Member
    edited November 2018
    WOW! You guys are lucky. You actually got reset to work. I've tried since the 20th of September to reset my Target account. It fails to reset every time. Over 2 months and still no fix. Not very reassuring.

• momOmomO Member
    edited November 2018
    This has been an on-going issue. I have found that if I log into the Target credit card online and THEN try to download to Quicken it works (without having to re-set security questions, etc.).  Life would be easier if I could just change to  Direct Connect vs the Quicken connect as it's ridiculous to do the round about. It's obvious banks are not liking as I just had another bank I had to switch connection types. IMO, Direct Connect should be listed as the FIRST connection option as it actually works.
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion. It did not work for me. Same old "can't connect to account" result. But thanks for offering.
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited December 2018
    Good news for me. I noticed last night that the Target RedCard (rcam) website was completely offline for an upgrade. It came back available this afternoon. After this change, Quicken gave me the account nickname has changed error, which seems to happen when upgrades occur.

I went into the Target account and deactivated it, then signed up again. I was prompted for 2 different security questions, but the transaction succeeded and I got the last 6 weeks of transactions. Best of all, further attempts to update have worked just fine.

*fingers crossed*
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited December 2018
    Bad news: it requires a security answer every time you update, so scheduled updates won't work.
  • misha0926misha0926 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am having this issue too, and the download from their website doesn't work to import the data into Quicken. Target said to contact Quicken support... I have been having this issue since September as well. Same thing, getting locked out, resetting account online... sometimes I can reset in quicken and get it to download once all transactions, but then i get locked out again. It's a pain. I do hope they can resolve this issue.
    edited December 2018
    I now have limited access to my Target Redcard site. I had to deactivate and then reactivate my Target account in Quicken (it luckily only duplicated 2 charges). Now, if I try to update that account separately, I get a security question to answer and then Quicken processes the account like normal. Problem is when I try a group update of all my accounts. Sometimes it pukes on updating the Target account just like before and sometimes it asks the security question and processes the Target account with all the rest. It's a crap-shoot. This is a pain-in-the-[removed] solution that should NOT be necessary. This is just one of over 15 accounts. Imagine if this becomes a common occurrence with all the others. Quicken needs to address this now or soon become obsolete.
  • jorhettjorhett Member
    edited December 2018
    Agreed: there are 3 possible questions. The vault should be able to store the questions and answers, rather than ask us every time.
    edited December 2018
    SO FAR, for the last 5 days, it has absolutely no problem accessing my Target RedCard account!!! Seems to be working normally. THANKS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone at Quicken.
  • PamPam Member
    edited December 2018
    I still can't get into my Target account.  Lets me in, then locks me out.  Nothing downloaded for a month.  It won't even let me deactivate, or reset!!  I tried to copy the error message, which is " on " acct # ....... doesn't exist.  Anybody else?

• jorhettjorhett Member
    edited December 2018
    Me too, mine worked for like 2 weeks and then locked me out. I had to reset all my questions at Target. Worked for 2 days and locked me out.

This is ridiculous and Quicken needs to start paying attention.
  • bcstevesbcsteves Member
    edited January 9
    I have been having the same issue for a couple of months. Ask me one of my security questions them says it can't complete the setup.... says "Not my fault". How true. I'm running the 2017 ver. The CEO of quicken keeps telling us things are better, they still suck when it comes to transaction downloads. Actually, I think over the last few years the downloads have become less reliable. If they don't get these issues fixed I will never purchase the subscription service. Without downloads I can use 2017 forever.
  • Paul DillonPaul Dillon Member
    edited January 9
    After putting up with this problem for months, I'm not so sure any more that it's even a Quicken problem.  I turned off the automatic downloads in Quicken and decided to just log on to Target every so often and export my transactions manually instead of having Quicken log in and download them for me.  Guess what, even with Quicken totally out of the picture my login to Target still only works for a day or two, then the login fails and Target makes me go through the whole process of resetting my security questions.   I get in, do the export, then a couple days later need to reset everything all over again.   Despite Quicken having other flaky connection issues at other banks, which mysteriously come and go, based on my experience simply logging in to Target outside of Quicken it seems more like Quicken is the victim of problems with the Target website rather than the cause of the problem.  Has anybody else tried this?   
This discussion has been closed.