Wells Fargo issue not resolved (syncing to the Mobile App)

RandyB
RandyB Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Using the Mobile App
QW2019: I had an app update to Quicken yesterday and when I opened the app I got the usual problem with Wells Fargo accounts. Where it needs to be fixed.  So I ran the fix got a new message to go wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and followed the instructions. It seemed to work, for a while. But this morning the problem was back. What may be related to the problem is the time it takes to sync the account. My Quicken program has over 8000 entries and it takes a long time (more than 12 minutes) to sync that even though I have a high-speed Internet connection. (> 250 mb/s). And WellsFargo gives you 10 minutes to complete the operation.

Comments

• RandyB
    RandyB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    OK, I have a couple of messages to call Quicken Support, however. I have tried the resync once again. It seems to be working so far. But it did this yesterday too. I will hold off calling support until I can check again tomorrow. If its still holding we can cancel this. Waiting 'til then. 
  • RandyB
    RandyB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have executed the un-enable re-enable sequence at least 4 times. And only works temporarily. Last evening I did again around 4:35 PM, I opened the Quicken app on my iPhone, and it logged in right away. But the re-sync to Quicken Cloud takes about 22 minutes. After completing that everything was good. Checked later in the evening all good. I checked this morning; No longer works. Same old problem with the Phone app, can not connect to Wells Fargo.  Heck, even the Quicken online application failed to log in. Error: ccscrape 181

I have another phone app called Personal Capital that also logs into Wells Fargo. (No need to run WF's /fmssetup) That app works great every time, But it seems a little slow with WF. And of course, the WF native app also works fine on the same iPhone. 

• Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have experienced the same thing.  Quicken 2018 Deluxe Desktop is handling Wells Fargo just fine.  However, I have not been able to get Quicken Mobile for Wells Fargo checking and savings to work for months.  Since I upgraded to the latest android Quicken version, none of my Wells Fargo accounts sync. I spent a couple hours attemping to resync each of my four accounts with Wells Fargo (1 ckg, 1 svg, 2 credit card).  I finally did the fmsetup thing at Wells Fargo one at a time, and  last night all four updated and all was good.  Today, none of them will sync again.  I believe this also affects Quicken web since that relies on Quicken Cloud too.  This makes anything but desktop useless.  Additionally, I am experiencing the Target inability to do web connect on all versions.  Grrrrrr
  • AbeK
    AbeK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have the same problem with Quicken Mobile, the Quicken web app and Wells Fargo. I'd love to at least see an acknowledgement from Quicken that they know about the issue and are working to resolve it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018

ANSWER

I think
    you can make the Direct Connect work again with Wells Fargo.

This
    worked for me:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Questions-about-QuickBooks/Wells-Fargo-Bank-Feed-Issues/td-p... 

Where
    one of the responses states:

-------------------

"It
    was resolved for us just now. It appears that they have fixed the backend issue
    but there was another step required 

to get
    connected for us--

You have to login to http://wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

This
    will re-verify your account and it gives you 10 minutes to re-connect your
    software. After doing this and verifying our identity we were able to connect
    both Quicken and Quickbooks to Wells Fargo online banking

From
    <https://community.intuit.com/questions/1752343-will-the-new-oauth-banking-interface-be-fixed-to-allow-web-connect-downloads-from-third-party-delegate-users-like-bookkeepers-and-accountants-mostly-use>
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Rob Scott said:

ANSWER

I think

This
    worked for me:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Questions-about-QuickBooks/Wells-Fargo-Bank-Feed-Issues/td-p... 

Where

-------------------

"It

to get
    connected for us--

This

From
    <https://community.intuit.com/questions/1752343-will-the-new-oauth-banking-interface-be-fixed-to-allow-web-connect-downloads-from-third-party-delegate-users-like-bookkeepers-and-accountants-mostly-use>
    Rob Scott - the link is to Intuit and QuickBooks.  One would need an Intuit ID and log in.  Also, to join the forum, one would need to create a user ID.  If possible, it might a good idea to capture the solution and provide it to this group?
  • Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Here is what I think is happening with WF and mobile. I can use Quicken for Windows (QW) to download the transactions for my several WF accounts into QW (and write checks from QW that are uploaded to WF). I can sync from QW to the Quicken cloud for the one WF checking account I have set to sync, and also two credit card accounts (not from WF). When I launch the mobile app (Android for me) it does some syncing and then asks me to verify my WF credentials, which does not actually fix anything. I think that Quicken mobile wants to connect directly to WF to get any new transactions that may have occurred since the last cloud sync from QW, and I think that some sort of enhanced security or policy change that occurred a while ago at WF blocks this. I can live with that (I don't really need Q mobile to get very recent transactions directly from WF), but I'd sure like a way to configure Q mobile to not try to do this update. That is surely a technical fix that Quicken could implement, even if they don't control what connection types WF does or doesn't support on their end.
  • RandyB
    RandyB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I partially agree with your assessment. If you remove WF from the accounts to sync, and then add it back it, it requires that you run fmssetup at WellsFargo to allow for you to connect to WF through Quicken, and Quicken mobile.  And doing that works. But it only lasts for 12 hours or so, and then you are back in the same boat. I agree that there is no need for the mobile app to actually connect to WF since they really only update the account once a day anyway. 

I also use another app called Personal Capital that also connects to WF and downloads transactions and has none of these problems. Not sure how they can connect no problem but Quicken can not. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm having the same problem now for several months.  Support gave me the same fix (remove WF accounts from sync and then add them back).  It worked for about 3 hours, and then the mobile app started prompting again for WF credentials.  I also use Personal Capital, and have no problems with WF either. Quicken really needs to address this and offer some kind of real solution. 
  • John Kostenbader
    John Kostenbader Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This is a continued, annoying problem. I'd love to embrace quicken mobile more and use it on the go as desgined but the continual pop-up requesting WF credentials is annoying to the point of not wanting to use it. If this is simply a synch why would it even need to touch WF? All I need is for the desktop program to be in synch with the mobile app. Quicken, you've had this problem for some time now. Please fix it or at least acknowledge you're aware of the problem and provide some type of time frame. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    This problem has existed for many years. This is why I removed the mobile app. It’s useless without Wells Fargo integration.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Rob Scott said:

ANSWER

I think

This
    worked for me:

Where

-------------------

"It

to get
    connected for us--

This

From
    This is an old suggestion. We’ve all done this. It only last a few hours.
  • John Kostenbader
    edited January 2019
    What I don't understand is WHY it has to connect to WF. If it just synched the account between desktop and Mobile it would be fine. Why in the world would it have to connect to WF. Perhaps it wants to download the very latest transactions but in my mind that is not the functionality I'm looking for. Quicken please wake up to this probem. I really hate software companies that don't communicate about long existing problems
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Good point.  I had other quicken options I use, but of course quicken folks will delete this info fast, much faster than they actually work on technical issues.
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Here is what I think is happening with WF and mobile. I can use Quicken for Windows (QW) to download the transactions for my several WF accounts into QW (and write checks from QW that are uploaded to WF). I can sync from QW to the Quicken cloud for the one WF checking account I have set to sync, and also two credit card accounts (not from WF). When I launch the mobile app (Android for me) it does some syncing and then asks me to verify my WF credentials, which does not actually fix anything. I think that Quicken mobile wants to connect directly to WF to get any new transactions that may have occurred since the last cloud sync from QW, and I think that some sort of enhanced security or policy change that occurred a while ago at WF blocks this. I can live with that (I don't really need Q mobile to get very recent transactions directly from WF), but I'd sure like a way to configure Q mobile to not try to do this update. That is surely a technical fix that Quicken could implement, even if they don't control what connection types WF does or doesn't support on their end.

Yes, this is a solution I could live with too.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019

I am experiencing the same issue. And I agree with you and am ok with your suggestion too. At least till they resolve this.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    anyone? Quicken? Anyone?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Can we get an update from someone in quicken please? This is an ongoing problem!
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Just an added thought.  The other day I decided to check out Quicken on the web, just to see what it's like.  To my surprise, I was able to enter Wells Fargo transactions even though Quicken mobile still gives me the error messages.  I can enter transactions there too.  Not sure what all the various connections are for the various ways to connect, but this is interesting to me.  Maybe someone who understands all this better than I do will have some idea what this means.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh wow. It finally works. Just had to put in username/password but didn’t have to go to Wells Fargo site to confirm. Transactions downloaded. No error message.
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    It does look like it might have worked!  I did have to do the fmsetup thing again, but now no error messages.  We'll see.  Yayyy!
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Today still working!  Looks like Target problem might be resolved too for those who were having trouble with it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I tried. Didn’t work for me
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019

Wells Fargo charges $9.95 per month to support Quicken downloads / bill pay directly from Quicken.  This should be fixed by now.  Start demanding refunds from WF for their buggy server interfaces.  
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Well, I lied.  Wells Fargo and Target back to asking for log in's in Quicken Mobile.  :(
  • John Kostenbader
    edited January 2019
    At this point I've moved on. I don't think either organizaiton is taking this seriously. I love the thought of a mobile app and I really like quicken but this is not going anywhere fast so I switched back to USAA and use their app. Not sure I'll even use Quicken for 2019. USAA has a killer mobile app
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Still no response from quicken. Due to this problem I find the app useless
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Correct. Useless mobile app until quicken mobile works with Wells Fargo
This discussion has been closed.