Latest Windows Version R15.16 Deleted Most Posting Date Information

JonJon Member ✭✭
I am running QW Deluxe with a subscription. I just updated Quicken from R14.27 to R15.16 via one step update. In doing so, it deleted/removed most "Posting Date" entries from my banking and credit card accounts.

I tried reinstalling the update from the latest mondo patch provided on the Quicken website. The problem persists. Additionally, I tried restoring a backup file created under R14.27. When the file opens, it is automatically converted to R15.16 and the entries are still missing.

Is there a way to roll back the update? I rely on this information and am concerned about its loss from my registers!

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Someone else reported the "Downloaded Payee" was not being displayed.

I noticed in R15.15 that the "Downloaded Payee" was only displayed for those transactions that a local renaming rule had not been used.

By chance can you confirm, that those transactions with missing "Posting Date" had used a renaming rule.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    splasher said:

I noticed in R15.15 that the "Downloaded Payee" was only displayed for those transactions that a local renaming rule had not been used.

By chance can you confirm, that those transactions with missing "Posting Date" had used a renaming rule.

Hi @ splasher ,

Question: (Yes, I know) If you enter the transaction, at the time you incur the Transaction, should not the Payee Name stand as entered and the Download Payee Name should not be touch? In other words, don't have Renaming Rules, at all.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R21.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4

Vote:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20022841#Comment_20022841

edited December 2018
    Hi @ Jon ,

Are you entering the Transactions as they occur in Quicken, then downloading Transactions to clear the Transaction, entered?

Vote:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20022841#Comment_20022841

edited December 2018
    I just upgraded to R15.16 and I see the same thing there as in R15.15.  Downloaded fields are not shown if a renaming rule was involved.

So, I took a copy of a QW2016 data file that PROPERLY displayed the download fields and moved it to R15.16.  In R15.16 the fields were NOT displayed EXCEPT for the ones that had not had a renaming rule involved.

I took that file back to QW2016 and it displayed everything as expected.

My conclusion from this is that it is a data display bug and not data file corruption.

edited October 2018
    splasher said:

I just upgraded to R15.16 and I see the same thing there as in R15.15.  Downloaded fields are not shown if a renaming rule was involved.

So, I took a copy of a QW2016 data file that PROPERLY displayed the download fields and moved it to R15.16.  In R15.16 the fields were NOT displayed EXCEPT for the ones that had not had a renaming rule involved.

My conclusion from this is that it is a data display bug and not data file corruption.

The Downloaded Payee Name Field is blanked out for Direct Connect Connections, even if selected to be displayed.

edited October 2018
    splasher said:

What does that have to do with anything.  Your logic escapes me.  This is a case where if a renaming rule was used, the downloaded values are not displayed.

edited October 2018
    splasher said:

No it is not.  In QW2016, the same file displays something in the Downloaded fields, this is a problem in 27.1.15.15 and 27.1.15.16. 

I don't have a 27.1.14.27 installation to test this on, so I don't know exactly when it started.

edited October 2018
    splasher said:

Hi @ splasher ,

You are correct. I still have R 14.27 installed. The Download Payee Field is populated. So it is working in Version R 14.27 and in the latest version and otherwise, it is not populated.

• JonJon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Hi @ Jon ,

Are you entering the Transactions as they occur in Quicken, then downloading Transactions to clear the Transaction, entered?

Yes.
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    splasher said:

No.  Most of the "posting date" entries are missing, including those whose "Payees" I created and those "Payees" with a renaming rule.
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    edited January 11
    Let me add... Just noticed something interesting.  If you right click on PAYEE, it provides a drop down menu starting with Save then Split then Note and Flags, etc. 

IF "REVERT TO [DOWNLOADED NAME] IS AN OPTION TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE MENU, THEN THE "POSTING DATE" HAS THE PROPER ENTRY.

IF 'REVERT TO [DOWNLOAD NAME] IS ABSENT OR GRAYED OUT, THEN THE "POSTING DATE" IS MISSING AN ENTRY.

Sorry for the caps, wanted to stress my findings in my file at least.  This seems to be the pattern,  I have hundreds of entries missing their Posting Date, so I haven't check every one.  Seems to be a universal pattern across my banking/credit accounts.
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    splasher said:

I posted a comment below that may be germane. 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It is not as simple as transactions that have had renaming rules applied.

I have one credit card account where all the information is there.

I have a checking account where most of them are gone, but it is "spotty" as in some have them and some don't, but I have ones that are missing that have renaming rules, and I have ones that are there that have renaming rules.

I have another credit card which has most of the information, but is missing a few.

I have a feeling that the missing information is popping up on the transactions I might have had to edit.  Note with very few exceptions, I don't manually entry transactions, and most of my transactions don't have reminders to enter them either.
  • Randy H.Randy H. Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moving Comment.

I'm having a similar issue--in my case the Downloaded Posting Date (which is important to me) is also blank. This is across checking and credit card account types. The pattern seems to be that it is blank in transactions that I entered manually and then matched during the download. I restored my file from the backup I took before R15.16, and the data is still missing. I'm hoping this is a display issue only, and not a corruption of my many years' worth of data.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: New Bug in Q 2019 Windows R 15.16: Register no longer shows "Downloaded Payee" co....
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Jon said:

Let me add... Just noticed something interesting.  If you right click on PAYEE, it provides a drop down menu starting with Save then Split then Note and Flags, etc. 

IF "REVERT TO [DOWNLOADED NAME] IS AN OPTION TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE MENU, THEN THE "POSTING DATE" HAS THE PROPER ENTRY.

IF 'REVERT TO [DOWNLOAD NAME] IS ABSENT OR GRAYED OUT, THEN THE "POSTING DATE" IS MISSING AN ENTRY.

Sorry for the caps, wanted to stress my findings in my file at least.  This seems to be the pattern,  I have hundreds of entries missing their Posting Date, so I haven't check every one.  Seems to be a universal pattern across my banking/credit accounts.

Revert is basically seeing what is or isn't displayed.  As in if the Download information is being displayed, you can do the revert.  If it isn't being displayed, you can't.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I just reverted to 27.1.14.27 (subscription Quicken R14.27), and all of the Downloaded Fields display fine.  This is definitely not a data file problem, and was definitely introduced in R15.15.
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

I have a checking account where most of them are gone, but it is "spotty" as in some have them and some don't, but I have ones that are missing that have renaming rules, and I have ones that are there that have renaming rules.

I have another credit card which has most of the information, but is missing a few.

I have a feeling that the missing information is popping up on the transactions I might have had to edit.  Note with very few exceptions, I don't manually entry transactions, and most of my transactions don't have reminders to enter them either.

One thing I do know from my data is that the transactions that display the downloaded fields, were "new" imports and did not match up to a pre-existing transaction.

They also just happen to be ones that there was no renaming done.

• JonJon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

I just reverted to 27.1.14.27 (subscription Quicken R14.27), and all of the Downloaded Fields display fine.  This is definitely not a data file problem, and was definitely introduced in R15.15.

May I ask how you reverted?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

By applying the R14.27 Mondo patch.  You can get it from my website:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

Thank you!
  • Randy H.Randy H. Member
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

That did it! Thank you so much.
  • edited October 2018
    QPW said:

@QPW When you click on the transaction (which has the missing information) on the register, do you see the downloaded posting date (or the payee, whichever was missing)? I noticed something recently where the downloaded memo wasn't displayed but when i click on the transaction on the register it showed up. Can you please check that?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

No, it doesn't matter if the transaction is selected or not.
    Looking at all the downloaded fields (note Downloaded reference has never had anything in it that I have seen).

These are the fields that "go missing".
    Posting Date
    Payee

edited October 2018
    QPW said:

Hi @

Quicken Sangeetha,

The information exists within the Quicken Data File, but is blanked out. We are talking about the Download Payee Field. Payee Field is displayed just fine.
    R 14.27 displays everything, but R 15.15 and 15.16 do not.

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    QPW said:

Note I picked this account because it has downloaded memos.  And an old date only because it was near to the top where you can see the headings in the screenshot.

In one account I have no missing information at all.
    In my checking account it is "mostly gone".
  • mudhead46mudhead46 Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Posting dates disappeared.

I have been downloading posting dates for virtually all my credit card and banking accounts for years. Recently, I noticed that nearly all of my previously downloaded posting dates are missing. They have mysteriously disappeared (yes, they were there just a few days ago). This disappearance precluded my upgrading from QP18W to QP19W. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and have you found a solution?
  • edited November 2018
    splasher said:

Thank you everyone. We are looking into this. 
    edited November 2018
    mudhead46 said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Posting dates disappeared.

I have been downloading posting dates for virtually all my credit card and banking accounts for years. Recently, I noticed that nearly all of my previously downloaded posting dates are missing. They have mysteriously disappeared (yes, they were there just a few days ago). This disappearance precluded my upgrading from QP18W to QP19W. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and have you found a solution?

Hi @ mudhead46 ,

Read the thread where your post was moved to.  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/latest-windows-version-r15-16-deleted-most-posti...

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    I am not seeing this issue in any of my 11 spending accounts. All of the fields at issue display the data as expected. That's almost impossible if this is a software issue so I'm leaning towards a data file inconsistency as the cause. 

Coming out of testing I was facing a significant data corruption issue from the test software that has been fixed in this release. But one thing I noticed in the data log during the update is that Quicken is doing some form of data file conversion for this update. You will see the entry below in your data log when updating from a R14 or earlier file.  My guess is that in some/many cases the conversion did not go as planned resulting in minor data table corruption or an inconsistent table format that prevents the query rendering the display from picking up the subject data fields.

[Tue Oct 30 14:58:06 2018]
    Additional data conversion in QWMain started
    Finish upgrade to QW16.
    Finish conversion post QW16.
    Additional data conversion in QWMain completed

Because of the problems I had in testing, I am working with a re-installed software installation using QCleanUI.  More importantly, the data file I'm using has been subjected to the Quicken Copy/Validate/Super-validate process using version R15.16. My guess is that the Quicken Copy process fixes whatever data table format problems are introduced by the update.  I could be wrong but it's an easy process to test that I hope some of you may try and then report back.
    edited November 2018

I am not seeing this issue in any of my 11 spending accounts. All of the fields at issue display the data as expected. That's almost impossible if this is a software issue so I'm leaning towards a data file inconsistency as the cause. 

Coming out of testing I was facing a significant data corruption issue from the test software that has been fixed in this release. But one thing I noticed in the data log during the update is that Quicken is doing some form of data file conversion for this update. You will see the entry below in your data log when updating from a R14 or earlier file.  My guess is that in some/many cases the conversion did not go as planned resulting in minor data table corruption or an inconsistent table format that prevents the query rendering the display from picking up the subject data fields.

[Tue Oct 30 14:58:06 2018]
    Additional data conversion in QWMain started
    Finish upgrade to QW16.
    Finish conversion post QW16.
    Additional data conversion in QWMain completed

Because of the problems I had in testing, I am working with a re-installed software installation using QCleanUI.  More importantly, the data file I'm using has been subjected to the Quicken Copy/Validate/Super-validate process using version R15.16. My guess is that the Quicken Copy process fixes whatever data table format problems are introduced by the update.  I could be wrong but it's an easy process to test that I hope some of you may try and then report back.

I can take a QW2016 file into 27.1.15.16 and the fields are empty, but when I take the file back to QW2016, the fields are full, so it sounds like a program display issue, not file corruption to me.