Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Add U.S. Indexes to Investment Performance Report (1 Legacy Vote)

Bridge BuilderBridge Builder Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Investments (Windows)
The investment performance reporting would be more meaningful if we could compare it to an index like the S&P 500.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Are you talking about adding this feature to Quicken Mac?
    You (or someone) categorized this to both Mac and Windows Investing categories.

I'm asking because S&P 500 is available in the Windows version's Investing / Performance / Growth of $10,000 view.
  • Bridge BuilderBridge Builder Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Thanks but I'm looking for Windows and specifically talking about the performance reports, not the growth chart.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2020

Thanks but I'm looking for Windows and specifically talking about the performance reports, not the growth chart.

And, UKR said that it's available in QWin.

What QWin product are you running?  What country?  What Build/Release? (do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info).
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Bridge BuilderBridge Builder Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020

If it's in QWin I don't see it.  I'm using 2017 Premier Version R17.4, Build: 26.1.17.4
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Recategorized this post to "Investing (Windows)".

In my Q 2019 I have this view:

You should have this view, too. It's been available in Quicken Deluxe and higher for many years.

If you are looking for something else, please provide more details and perhaps an example.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It appears the OP is talking about the investing performance report, not the view.

That won't show the indices because the IRR calculation requires you to hold some.

Also note Quicken's index data does not include dividends do the comparison may be invalid.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription