dropbox code

hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
edited January 20 in Subscription
Dropbox reduced my available strorage. Is the dropbox offer only good for the first year? Is there a coded I need for the second year of my subscription?

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    That is a good question.  I thought it would be valid as long as you maintained the subscription.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hey Hmday,

Where are you seeing that the size has been reduced?

Can you try clicking on the Dropbox icon up in the top right-hand corner and then selecting the Globe to go to the Dropbox website?

The size should only change if the subscription has been canceled and renewed.

image image

Can you post a screenshot of the current size of your Dropbox?

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

• hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I had 7 gb. I notification from DB about the change. When I tried to reenter the coupon I received the notice that the coupon had already been used and was no longer valid. mike
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    hmday said:

I had 7 gb. I notification from DB about the change. When I tried to reenter the coupon I received the notice that the coupon had already been used and was no longer valid. mike

Hi @ hmday ,

Ran into the same problem as you did. Simply contact Dropbox Support and ask them via Email. They restored mine.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R20.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    hmday said:

thanks I will email them...
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    hmday said:

Dropbox email me and said;

"Thanks for writing in about the expiration of your Dropbox promotion.
    I understand that you wanted to know if you can get your promotional space back, don't worry let's see what I can do for you!

You redeemed Quicken promotional space on 2017/11/03.
    As per the terms of the promotion, this space was valid for 1 year. The space expired on 2018/11/03."

I thought the promotion was good for two years with a two year subscription, am I incorrect?

• hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    hmday said:

Dropbox told me to contact quicken because there was nothing they could do. I contacted quicken, I was told it was suppose to be for the duration of the subscription, but I should contact dropbox because there was "nothing they could do" There you have it!
    edited November 2018
    hmday said:

Hi @ hmday ,

Contact Quicken Support. via Chat, so you can paste Dropbox's respond to you. Link in this Article:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @hmday you definitely should have your Dropbox access through the entirety of your subscription; are you able to log in to your Quicken.com My Account, and see if there's an option to redeem a Dropbox code?  You should receive two codes, one for each year.

Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I did see the two codes. I tried both codes. Neither worked, they were rejected because they "have already been redeemed". 
    edited November 2018

@hmday you definitely should have your Dropbox access through the entirety of your subscription; are you able to log in to your Quicken.com My Account, and see if there's an option to redeem a Dropbox code?  You should receive two codes, one for each year.

Quicken Kathryn

Hi @ Quicken Kathryn,

Does each User receive a unique Dropbox Coupon Code, that is unique to them only or is it duplicated for each User? The Problem might be with Dropbox Redemption process, not allowing a different User to use the same Dropbox Code that another user used, first.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Quicken Kathryn

@Quicken Kathryn,

I did see the two codes. I tried both codes. Neither code worked, they were rejected as having been "already redeemed".  Maybe I screwed them up some how!

It appears that Dropbox has added 3gb to my account. I am still not sure why I did not receive the full 5gb that  was a promotion with the two year subscription.
    edited November 2018

Quicken Kathryn

Hi @ hmday ,

It should 2 GB plus 5 GB equalling 7 GBs in total.

• hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

Quicken Kathryn

I should be 3.75 (what I had prior to quicken promotion) plus the promotion of 5 for a total of 8.75 but I am farther ahead to day then I was yesterday!
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Quicken Kathryn

Hi hmday,
    Sorry you had an issue with the codes!  If you contact our support team through chat or phone, we can provide you with a new code to redeem and receive the correct amount of storage.

@thecreator Dropbox codes are a 'one and done' system, so each code is unique and no longer valid once it is applied; however, I do know that  some users report the code in their account showing as already redeemed, but it's unclear where that issue originates, so just in case, we have a backlog of codes we can provide folks if they encounter this issue.

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Martin NolanMartin Nolan Member
    edited November 2018
    See the post "Extra Dropbox storage has disappeared".  My extra 5 GB disappeared one year after I used the promo code.  After checking some of the posts, I went to quicken.com to my account and found that a new promo code had been added.  I used the new code and got the 5 GB back.  I took a screen shot of my www.dropbox.com/events to keep a record.  The events list only goes back 1 year.
  • hmdayhmday Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    When I contacted chat support I was told there was nothing they could do. But thanks to Kathryn's response, which I shared with chat support, they investigated and contacted some one of higher authority. I was supplied with a new code and recovered my storage. Thank You Kathryn 
This discussion has been closed.