I do not have a planning tab in Quicken 2019

I do not have a planning tab on my Quicken 2019 Starter Edition.

Comments

• Kevin LongKevin Long Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't need another credit card with 25% interest.

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Kevin Long That post was from a "scammer".

I do believe that the Starter version should have the Planning tab, even though it should have all the "views" on it like Debut Reduction.

Try selecting:
    View -> Tabs to show -> Planning
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

P.S.  Note "My 2005 deluxe version"

By definition you have bought a edition that has less features than the Deluxe version.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Previous SPAM post removed.

Q Starter Edition does not contain full planning & budget, hence no tab.  If you had Deluxe prior, why did you step down?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    GeoffG said:

Q Starter Edition does not contain full planning & budget, hence no tab.  If you had Deluxe prior, why did you step down?

The Starter version still has the monthly view of the budget, so I think it should still have the Planning tab.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

The Starter Edition is mainly for new users and will not open your prior data file unless it was also from the Starter Edition.  Yes Deluxe is a higher version.  The Starter Edition has less features.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

The subscription version of Quicken (2018/2019) will open a Quicken data file created by a higher edition like Deluxe.  It will just make the account types that it doesn't support read-only.

This a change from Quicken 2017 and below that would open them.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    GeoffG said:

Nope.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    GeoffG said:

I have definitely talked to people on here that can see the monthly budget in the Starter version.  Do you have access to the Starter edition?

Also the monthly view was there in Quicken 2014, back when I did have access to Starter edition.

You can select the budget on the Home tab.
    But that is just the on bar graph overview.
    There is a Go to full budget button there too, which might take you to the monthly view.  but on the Deluxe and above editions that takes you to the Planning tab.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Hello Kevin Long,

Welcome to the Quicken Community!  Monthly Budgets are a feature included with the Quicken for Windows Starter 2019 version and should include access to the Planning Tab, as seen in the image below

May I ask, what release version your Quicken Starter software is on?  If you aren't sure, this information may be found in the Help menu > About Quicken.

Please let us know, thank you!

Sarah
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hello Kevin Long,

Welcome to the Quicken Community!  Monthly Budgets are a feature included with the Quicken for Windows Starter 2019 version and should include access to the Planning Tab, as seen in the image below

May I ask, what release version your Quicken Starter software is on?  If you aren't sure, this information may be found in the Help menu > About Quicken.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah for posting this.  I thought the Starter version still had the Planning tab.
  • DannieDannie Member
    edited December 2018
    I have 2019 Quicken Premier R16.14. Can't get my Planning Tab to activate. Please help.
    edited January 27
    Select View>Tabs to show and tick Planning and any others you want.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • DannieDannie Member
    edited January 27
    My View>Tabs shows the Planning option but it is shaded out.
    edited December 2018
    Dannie said:

What version do you see when you select Help>About?
  • DannieDannie Member
    edited December 2018
    Dannie said:

Quicken Premier
    Version R16.14
    Build 27.1.16.14
    edited December 2018
    Dannie said:

With Premier, the Planning tab should not be grayed out.  Try these steps to see if that resolves.
  • DannieDannie Member
    edited December 2018
    Dannie said:

I don't believe I have a data issue since I've never used this tab before. I simply want to access it to see if it will be useful with my financial planning.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Dannie said:

Have you entered any data in Quicken?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • DannieDannie Member
    edited December 2018
    Dannie said:

Yes, all other data is showing and working properly.
  • john fryjohn fry Member
    edited January 17

Hello Kevin Long,

Sarah

I've just noticed that I have the same problem with the Planning tab.  I have the Deluxe version 2019.  Under tabs to show Planning is grayed out.  From the main screen I can click on the planning tab but nothing happens.  I tried to change the menus, fonts and other things suggested but with no success.  Any other ideas???