Quicken 2017 windows 10

I've been using Quicken 2017 on a Windows 7 computer. I just got a new Windows 10 computer. I downloaded and installed Quicken 2017 from the Quicken site. When I open it and tell it that i have a backup file to install, it stops responding and I have to use Task Manager to get out of it. I hope someone can help me.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Have you tried copying your 2017 data file to the Documents->Quicken folder on your new PC?  If that's not available, where is the location of your backup file?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • achrisvetachrisvet Member
    edited November 2018
    The file was in Dropbox. This is crazy but I tried it again and it froze again. I left it sitting there to start cooking dinner. At least 10 minutes later I heard a ding, and the Open box had opened. I was able to find my backup file and get going. So everything is working now. Thanks for responding.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

The file was in Dropbox. This is crazy but I tried it again and it froze again. I left it sitting there to start cooking dinner. At least 10 minutes later I heard a ding, and the Open box had opened. I was able to find my backup file and get going. So everything is working now. Thanks for responding.

When you tell it you have a backup, it goes into a full local harddrive search for *.QDF-backup files and it does seem like the process is locked up, but as you found out, it just takes an unusually long time to search for the files.

The quicker way is to double-click on the backup file in Windows Explorer with Quicken closed, causing Q to start and restore the file, you just have to make sure that it puts it in the correct location during the restore.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.