email invoices- default text of email

I have Quicken Home & Business 2019 for Windows.  This new version does not appear to allow me to customize my email message to my clients when emailing the invoices.  It is canned text that does not apply to my business.  It also chooses the business name, not the individual to put in the salutation line.  It looks unprofessional and impersonal.  Help!  Is there a way to change to old way of customizing the email message?  Thanks in advance.
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

When emailing an invoice the email message text should all be customizable, with the option to enter any text you would like in the email preview window. 

image  image  image

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • edited November 2018
    Thank you.  I just went in to confirm.  In the past, I was trying to highlight to remove by hitting "delete" or "backspace" or by starting to type new words.  Playing with it now, I see that I have to highlight and to remove, only hitting "enter" works.  Got it now.

Still wish it was user friendly, however. Now I have to delete text every time. Can't default email be blank??
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

Thank you.  I just went in to confirm.  In the past, I was trying to highlight to remove by hitting "delete" or "backspace" or by starting to type new words.  Playing with it now, I see that I have to highlight and to remove, only hitting "enter" works.  Got it now.

Still wish it was user friendly, however. Now I have to delete text every time. Can't default email be blank??

Hi Christine,

If selecting the "plain text" emails, the default email is left blank but the formatting isn't quite as nice as with the HTML version.  I do think the option to either create custom email text templates or a blank email by default is a great idea and would be a valuable addition to the program.

I've changed this post into an "Idea" from a question.  Idea posts are reviewed directly by our Development teams for insight on what features or functionality Users would like to see added.  Other members of the Community can vote on these idea posts and the more votes an idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible future implementation.

Thanks,

Sarah
  • SteveMcSteveMc Member
    edited November 2018
    Being able to customize the HTML template is much needed and doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to do.
    Steve
  • I'd like to second SteveMc's comments.  I see that custom HTML is written for each email that is sent using this file -->  C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Temp\Quicken_RentReminder.  It even lets you look at the source HTML, which is interesting, but not sure why that is a feature.

The requirement I see is that in the Business section, it would be nice to provide an ability to modify some template for emails - So, rather than me going through each invoice I mail out, I could have a generic template that says something useful for any client.   For example, why it takes the name from client list the way it does looks pretty bad (Especially if you organize your client list with "Last Name, First Name", which turns out to look like this - "Hi, Smith, John,".....

Great feature, so keep it there, but if you can allow customization like you do other functions, that would be great.