PC Financial Mastercard transaction download no longer supports QFX or QIF?

It seems PC Financial Mastercard is not supporting transaction downloads in QFX or QIF formats. When will this be resolved?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited December 2018
    You would have to ask PC Financial.  Quicken (or Intuit the service provider in the case of downloading) can not decide for a FI if they want to be a participating Quicken partner.

If you can get a QIF or CSV file from them, you could use ImportQIF to import the transactions: Edit QIF - with ImportQIF 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited December 2018
    @hallsdraw: are you using the Canadian version of Quicken? If yes, exactly which version are you using (go to Help-->About Quicken) and post the details.
  • PaulGPaulG Member
    edited November 2018
    They launched a new website today and yes, there seems to be no way to download transactions. This is ridiculous.
  • S&L FlemingS&L Fleming Member
    edited January 27
    Thank you for your e-mail. In regards to your inquiry, we apologize for any inconvenience however our new website is not compatible with quicken. Your online account will provide the option to download the last 6 months of your statements in a .csv file format. To download your statements using this format, please click on the “Transactions” tab on the top of your page. You can then choose the statement you wish to view by clicking on "Select Dates". Next choose the desired format by clicking the "Print" icon located on the top of the page. Should you have any additional questions or concerns you can e-mail or contact us through your online account. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. Response time for any question or concern is 24 hours. Sincerely,  President's Choice Financial MasterCard
  • S&L FlemingS&L Fleming Member
    edited November 2018

Thank you for your e-mail. In regards to your inquiry, we apologize for any inconvenience however our new website is not compatible with quicken. Your online account will provide the option to download the last 6 months of your statements in a .csv file format. To download your statements using this format, please click on the “Transactions” tab on the top of your page. You can then choose the statement you wish to view by clicking on "Select Dates". Next choose the desired format by clicking the "Print" icon located on the top of the page. Should you have any additional questions or concerns you can e-mail or contact us through your online account. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. Response time for any question or concern is 24 hours. Sincerely,  President's Choice Financial MasterCard

I personally will be looking at moving to a new credit card if the issue is not resolved.
  • PaulGPaulG Member
    edited November 2018

I have the same plan.
  • Chris BrightChris Bright Member
    edited November 2018

It's like taking a big step backwards! 

There is no way that I will continue to use PC Mastercard without a download to Quicken option.  I called PC Mastercard and they did not provide any insight as to why this feature was removed. 

I can't believe there was not any warning.   

Does anybody have any insights as to why they are no longer supporting this feature?
    edited January 27

edited November 2018

Everyone, please tweet to @PCFinancial and let them know that Quicken downloads need to be reinstated. 
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser
    edited November 2018

Cost!
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Home version 1809
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    edited November 2018

TERRIBLE! This is one of our key cards. I provided my feedback!

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited November 2018

Yeah, all the Quicken users better speak up because in fact most likely they are a very small minority of PC Financial's customers.  It is probably going to take everyone you complaining to have any chance of them change it.
    edited November 2018

Totally agree!!!  Speak up or the functionality is gone forever.

Please login to the new website and send them a message. 
    edited December 2018

• edited November 2018

FWIW: for those of you looking for alternatives... the BMO Cash Back MasterCard has excellent cost/benefits and the transactions tend to be available for download to Quicken very soon after the transaction is affected. There are occasions where I make a purchase in the afternoon and the transaction downloads (from BMO using One Step Update and Express Web Connect) that same evening. I have the BMO CashBack World Mastercard, which includes cashback of 1.25% on all purchases.
    edited November 2018

Nothing compares to the 3% on all purchases received when shopping at Loblaws related stores, where we primarily shop with a no fee card.

Will have to look hard for a comparable replacement  :-(

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser
    edited November 2018

Wouldn't it be easier to shift your CC usage to another card provider that is more mainstream/forward thinking?  Most consumers hold more than one credit card.  I have a BoA CC but don't use because their statement balance payment system dates back to the '80s and still use Checkfree.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Home version 1809
  • David FindlayDavid Findlay Member
    edited November 2018

I also need to change cards - massive step backwards.
    edited November 2018

I have over 20 cc's. I think that is forward thinking enough, no?!

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser
    edited November 2018

I’m referring to the FI, not the consumer.
  • edited November 2018

That is, unless you really don’t like shopping at Loblaw’s related stores and I fall into that camp. I estimate I spend $1,000 at Costco for every dollar I spend at loblaws... personal preference and spending habits come into play, for sure!
  • hallsdrawhallsdraw Member
    edited November 2018

Me too!
  • edited November 2018
    We are also very PO'd about this sudden change.  We received the same canned response by email.  When speaking with the help line yesterday they said, "Yet" but their written response indicates that they have absolutely no plans to include qfx, or qif formats for us.  As previously mentioned the loyalty rewards for using this card is very good and, in fact, was voted as the #1 loyalty program in Canada.  That doesn't matter to me if I can't download the transactions.
    edited November 2018

We are also very PO'd about this sudden change.  We received the same canned response by email.  When speaking with the help line yesterday they said, "Yet" but their written response indicates that they have absolutely no plans to include qfx, or qif formats for us.  As previously mentioned the loyalty rewards for using this card is very good and, in fact, was voted as the #1 loyalty program in Canada.  That doesn't matter to me if I can't download the transactions.

Thanks for contacting PC.  Let's ALL keep the pressure on the company.  If enough of us complain we may be able to change their minds.
    edited November 2018

Sorry, I read it with the emphasis on "...shift your CC usage " rather than on "...to [a] provider that is more forward thinking"   :-\

edited November 2018

But that is the big draw for this card...the loyalty points multiplier. We shop at Costco too but its location is not as convenient, so that's a factor.

• David FindlayDavid Findlay Member
    edited December 2018

I just applied for a BNS Momentum Infinite Visa. I checked and they claim you can download trx to Quicken. $99 yearly fee, waived first year but 4% cashback on gas and grocery purchases, 2% on scheduled debits, 1% everything else. Looks like a good alternative ...
  • davidvhdavidvh Member
    edited December 2018
    Allow me to add my voice, too.

I haven't spoken to a single person at PC Financial who understands what Quicken files do... and thus their importance to us.

No one understands that Quicken files automatically enter and reconcile transactions. It's a huge time saver.

Each time I inquire when Quicken downloads will return I'm told to use CSV files...

CSV files are compatible with Excel, Open Office, and Google Docs.

I try to explain that CSV files are little more than up-to-date statements and do not provide the same functionality.

Why would they direct me to use Excel, Open Office, or Google Docs when I enquire about Quicken? It's maddening.
  • edited November 2018
    davidvh said:

I haven't spoken to a single person at PC Financial who understands what Quicken files do... and thus their importance to us.

No one understands that Quicken files automatically enter and reconcile transactions. It's a huge time saver.

Each time I inquire when Quicken downloads will return I'm told to use CSV files...

I try to explain that CSV files are little more than up-to-date statements and do not provide the same functionality.

Why would they direct me to use Excel, Open Office, or Google Docs when I enquire about Quicken? It's maddening.

It would seem that someone at PC Financial has conducted a business case analysis that weighed the cost to support Quicken against the value of business dependent on Quicken support (i.e. how many customers will leave if they discontinue Quicken support) and they have concluded that PC Financial will be better off losing a few customers than incurring the cost of Quicken support.

In order to support Quicken, financial institutions must sign a contract with Quicken and there are costs to the financial institution. If PC Financial is no longer supporting Quicken, that reflects a conscious decision not to renew a contract. While it is entirely normal that retail customers can never reach the person in a financial institution who makes this decision, don't assume that the decision was an accident. It is much more likely that someone made a calculated business decision. Maybe a bad decision, maybe a sound decisions; regardless, it would have been a formal decision. This didn't just happen because some low level tech support person decided the QFX download functionality was unnecessary.

For those of you who really want to keep the PC Financial card, you might want to look at this software tool, which might enable you to import the CSV file into Quickenhttp://www.quicknperlwiz.com/  (see ImportQIF).
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited November 2018
    davidvh said:

But just one point.  Whereas the financial institution needs to have a contract with Intuit for the QFX format, they don't for QIF.