Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

PC Financial Mastercard transaction download no longer supports QFX or QIF?

12346»

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ken said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Banks not supporing Quicken.

I finally broke down and signed up for the overpriced subscription of Quicken.  Now I find out that two of the primary credit cards I use cannot download into Quicken! 
    If you are going to try and collect fees on both ends of the transactions - that is fine for you, but when I cannot get the services I am paying for we have a problem.
    I am not sure why PC Financial and Rogers Bank will not support Quicken downloads - is it cost, choice, or technology?  But if you want to keep me in the subscription trap you have to make sure I can use your software.
    At least Rogers Bank is offering OFX (PC only offers CSV), but if Quicken will not allow me to import it, it is not of much use.  I know there are third-party work-arounds, but I do not have time for that dance.
    Regards,
    Ken

Ken, I understand your frustration, but Quicken can’t *force* financial institutions to provide compatible downloads. Your beef should be with the banks for not providing a suitable download. (It’s my understanding that Quicken does *not* charge a fee to banks who sign on to participate with Quicken at the low-tech download-a-file level.) Some banks don’t do it because they don’t want to have to handle support calls from customers having download problems — and that’s on the bank, not Quicken.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ken274Ken274 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ken said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Banks not supporing Quicken.

I finally broke down and signed up for the overpriced subscription of Quicken.  Now I find out that two of the primary credit cards I use cannot download into Quicken! 
    If you are going to try and collect fees on both ends of the transactions - that is fine for you, but when I cannot get the services I am paying for we have a problem.
    I am not sure why PC Financial and Rogers Bank will not support Quicken downloads - is it cost, choice, or technology?  But if you want to keep me in the subscription trap you have to make sure I can use your software.
    At least Rogers Bank is offering OFX (PC only offers CSV), but if Quicken will not allow me to import it, it is not of much use.  I know there are third-party work-arounds, but I do not have time for that dance.
    Regards,
    Ken

Jacobs I was not aware of that, in which case the bank issue may not be cost but choice. I have made my concerns known to the banks and have started to look at other CC options.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Rob C. said:

Hi Ken, I feel your pain and had to make a decision. I decided to keep Quicken and buy a 3rd party excel to QFX converter from Propersoft. Unfortunately, it cost money but does work well and it seems easy to use. After a year of Quicken, things were running smoothly until PC Financial killed the QFX export. I’m on the fence to change my PC credit card, drop Quicken for something like TillerHQ or wait for a fix. For me, the quick solution was the converter which may also come in handy for other financial institutions that may kill the QFX format. Follow the PC Mastercard threads and complain loud ... perhaps they will offer this feature again in the future.

Thanks for sharing the info. At least for those of us who chose to stick it out there is hope.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Ken274Ken274 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Here is the latest reply from PC Financial - there is hope but I would not hold my breath - they stop short of saying they 'struck a committee'!
    "Thank you for your message. In regards to your concern, we apologize for any elements of our new website that you have found unsatisfactory and for any frustration caused. Our new site is designed to provide a better customer experience and allow new features that give more accessibility and service to our cardholders. In regards to Quicken, we understand that it is an important part of the website experience and we are escalating all feedback about this to the appropriate department. At this time, we cannot provide a date by which we will reinstate this product feature. That said, we have collected a lot of customer feedback about the issue and are discussing internally how best we can implement a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We assure you, your feedback is important to us and we have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department..."

• ONE SOLUTION:

1. I fixed downloaded the CSV file from the PC Financial Mastercard website.
    2. I used the CSV2QFX converter from ProperSoft. It works great.
    3. Import the transactions into Quicken into a new credit card account.
    4. Copy or move the transactions to your PC Financial Mastercard account.
    5. Delete the new credit card account.

Not as easy as QuickConnect, but it works like a charm. Support at ProperSoft were even kind enough to setup a 30 percent off coupon code PCFDISCOUNT30 for all users with this issue.
  • As of November, 2018 --  PC Financial Mastercard Cardholders can no longer download their transactions into Quicken or Mint.  (Canada)  This is due to the PC Financial upgrading to a new website and not supporting Quicken.  PC Financial didn't give their cardholders any notice or information pre or post website change.  And there has been absolutely NO commitment of any kind to reinstate the feature or provide a solution.  Cardholders are NOT happy.  (Including Me!)

Does anyone have any other information about this? ... please share.
  • Chris BrightChris Bright Member ✭✭
    Good news, sort of:
    PC Mastercard finally does support download to Quicken (QDF) again. The transaction download to Quicken but the balance is not reported correctly so the Quicken reconciliation process cannot be completed. I will open another thread...
This discussion has been closed.