With upgrade to 2019, 2 Quicken IDs causing pop-up and login

When we had to go to subscription based Quicken last year, I was forced to create a secondary account for my second Quicken ID.  Now, that I have updated to 2019, I get a pop-up telling me (everyday...) that the second Quicken account is owned by another ID and would I like to have my initial Quicken ID own the second one???

What?!  That is how I had it for 10 years until you made me switch less than 1 year ago.  Now, I can go back?

So, now I'm confused.  Should I say yes, to incorporate the second Quicken ID with the first, or leaving them separate and get asked this question every day for the rest of my life??

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This is a new "feature" that they just introduced.  You can't "incorporate" two Quicken Ids.

What this is all about is basically just a faster way to log out of one Quicken Id and log in with a different Quicken Id.

To test this feature you have to have two valid Quicken Id subscriptions.  Something I didn't have, so I couldn't test this feature and see exactly all the prompts and if they would be constantly bugging someone and such.  In fact I was totally confused by the feature thinking like you did that it much be some kind of way of connecting the two Quicken Ids.  It wasn't until they explained the feature that I realized it wasn't what I thought was.

I assume they figured the model was that if a person had two valid Quicken Ids they were getting Quicken data files from "clients" and as such would be constantly having to switch those data files from the clients Quicken Id to theirs. Or something like that.

It sounds like they have created another "irritation" for people in your situation.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    BTW out of curiosity, why do you have two Quicken Id accounts?
    Why can't you have both data files using the same Quicken Id?
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This new so called feature has made my life more complicated also.

You can still use 2 IDs but you now need to answer no each time and re-sign in to the other ID every time you change files. Extremely annoying.

If you want to use 1 ID by answering yes, you can But you will lose several features.

Credit Score is limited to 1 and tied to who you picked when you created the ID

If you use mobile or web, the other user will have access to see all your SYNCed data.

You will need to share your ID password for when other user gets asked occasionally they can log in.

If a feature needs to send a security code, it will send to the ID associated phone number .

If you have another household user that you don't want to have access as above , you only choice now is to answer no each time and login. The only real solution is to use a different computer witth different ID if you want to use mobile and web.

They said they were going to address situations where households had more than 1 user but with this change. I think it is safe to say that they will not address it as there just are not enough users demanding it.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    miklk said:

You can still use 2 IDs but you now need to answer no each time and re-sign in to the other ID every time you change files. Extremely annoying.

If you want to use 1 ID by answering yes, you can But you will lose several features.

If you use mobile or web, the other user will have access to see all your SYNCed data.

You will need to share your ID password for when other user gets asked occasionally they can log in.

If a feature needs to send a security code, it will send to the ID associated phone number .

If you have another household user that you don't want to have access as above , you only choice now is to answer no each time and login. The only real solution is to use a different computer witth different ID if you want to use mobile and web.

They said they were going to address situations where households had more than 1 user but with this change. I think it is safe to say that they will not address it as there just are not enough users demanding it.

Why they thought this was better than the old way of logging out and back in is beyond me.  Well actually not, they hid that function way down in the preferences and as such probably most people don't know it is there.

But the fix should have just made the logging out/in more visible, it certainly shouldn't be a constant nag every time you open a data file.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    miklk said:

A one time ask with option to never ask again would have worked better
This discussion has been closed.