New PC - Quicken no longer works - VERY DISPLEASED!

I got a new PC and at the same time, I upgraded my Quicken version to most current.  When trying to open the existing QDF file, I was unsuccessful.  Each time I try I can actually see all my account data for a few seconds before being locked up in a white screen that says success!  (Not very successful).  I called support a few times and after three 1+ hour calls, I am still without my historical quicken data.  I was told there is no way to restore !?!?

I then tried to create a new file (and add back as much data as my financial 15+ institutions hold) but again a total failure - the product asks for an activation ID.  The email with this ID is on my old PC which I cleaned off.  So I have wasted much time, money and now do not have access to my valuable historical financial data.

I would like the cost refunded to me and will use another firm's financial software.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Have you tried signing into your account on quicken.com and downloading the latest version and then installing?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello Michael, we apologize for the inconvenience.

In order to process a refund, you can contact Quicken Support at http://www.quicken.com/contact-support/ as long as you upgraded to Quicken within the last 90 days. The agent will need the order ID #.

You can also enter your refund information on our Refunds page at http://www.quicken.com/refunds/ and it will be processed within a few business days.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Michael RomanMichael Roman Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the info - but between the month of emails, then the calls over 2 months it is now more than 90 days and the product still does not work.  (Some of this is due to my heavy travel schedule  - but the customer service is unable to assist.  I can't spend an hour on a support call.  This should be a simple fix.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Thanks for the info - but between the month of emails, then the calls over 2 months it is now more than 90 days and the product still does not work.  (Some of this is due to my heavy travel schedule  - but the customer service is unable to assist.  I can't spend an hour on a support call.  This should be a simple fix.

For what it is worth, the problem you are describing is some kind of problem with the Quicken Id.  Your data isn't "lost" as Quicken support wants to suggest.  And I think Greg the Geek's suggestion of making sure you are at the latest version of Quicken might be the best bet.

I would try installing the Mondo patch install:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

P.S. Another thought is that if you have the installer for Quicken 2016 or Quicken 2017 you could try installing one of those versions.  Both of them can read your data file, but neither of those Quicken Ids need to be connected to a subscription that has to be activated/valid.