buying from Amazon Quicken Premier 2019 from another vendor will my Quicken account update my membe

I can save $$ on the cost of my Quicken Software if I buy it from Amazon or Costco for my 2019 subscription / membership. I may downgrade from Home and Business 2018 to Premier 2019 or stay with H and B and buy version 2019 with 2 extra months from Amazon. Starting in 2019 I do not need the business tools and there is no rental property anyway. I can buy Home and Business 2019 for the price Quicken lists for the Premier 2019. All versions have a saving over the Quicken.com site pricing.

Will my Account update when I install it to show my new subscription months and allow the full features of the software to work? Example: continuing my bill pay or downloading transactions.

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    According to this link, the answer is yes you can do what you want (you can downgrade, and you can extend your subscription):
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-renew-extend-upgrade-or-downgrade-your-quicken-membership
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    QPW said:

According to this link, the answer is yes you can do what you want (you can downgrade, and you can extend your subscription):
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-renew-extend-upgrade-or-downgrade-your-quicken-membership

All your existing data will be retained. The only thing you "lose" is the functionality for the greater edition, e.g. H&B and Rental specific features.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ Brenda Wiggins ,

Here is the thing: When buying from Amazon, the product comes with an Activation Code. With the Subscription Product, there is not need to uninstall or reinstall Quicken. You don't need to buy the CD, as the CD can't be used again. The Activation Code, can only be used once and can't be used again.

If you have Quicken installed in a second computer, Activated the First Quicken Installation, then on the Second Copy of Quicken on your other computer, click Help > then click Check Membership Status.

After 30 days passed, and you want to Download the version of Quicken you can, but you won't be receiving any money back, so wait until the day before the Membership Period ends, before Entering the Activation Code.

To Enter a New Activation Code, click Help, then click Enter Activation Code.

Brings up the Activation Window within Quicken.

• BrendaWigginsBrendaWiggins Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m not clear about what’s said in the response. One place I got confused was, quote: “After 30 days passed, and you want to Download the version of Quicken you can, but you won't be receiving any money back, so wait until the day before the Membership Period ends, before Entering the Activation Code.”

What would I be downloading if my activation code from my Amazon purchase ‘renews’ my subscription? Do I need to do something so that features don’t get blocked by Quicken? Ex. Direct connect to download transactions.

So, do I perform an activation code update and wait for Quicken still to charge me, necessitating me having to seek a refund on the auto renewal. I cannot find a way to prevent being charged on my saved credit card. You cannot delete the card. You can replace or add another card. That gets me nowhere but to be charged.

New part of this issue. If I replace my computer after this updated version, copy, activation, can I install the current Version with all updates to my new computer. This is critical if the activation code can only be used once.

Can I expect that a phone call to Quicken can get me satisfactory answers? I find this all so tiring.
    edited December 2018

I’m not clear about what’s said in the response. One place I got confused was, quote: “After 30 days passed, and you want to Download the version of Quicken you can, but you won't be receiving any money back, so wait until the day before the Membership Period ends, before Entering the Activation Code.”

What would I be downloading if my activation code from my Amazon purchase ‘renews’ my subscription? Do I need to do something so that features don’t get blocked by Quicken? Ex. Direct connect to download transactions.

So, do I perform an activation code update and wait for Quicken still to charge me, necessitating me having to seek a refund on the auto renewal. I cannot find a way to prevent being charged on my saved credit card. You cannot delete the card. You can replace or add another card. That gets me nowhere but to be charged.

New part of this issue. If I replace my computer after this updated version, copy, activation, can I install the current Version with all updates to my new computer. This is critical if the activation code can only be used once.

Can I expect that a phone call to Quicken can get me satisfactory answers? I find this all so tiring.

To be clear, you can add a new activation code at any time. Any purchased time will added to your existing expiry date and extend the time accordingly. 

Read this article: 

As long as your subscription is active, your online functionality will continue to work. The charges to your credit card are controlled in your Quicken.com account by the Auto-Renew option (which is selected by default). If you remove that option, your credit card will not automatically be charged when your software expires. Then when your software expires, you would need to manually re-activate it by entering a new activation code.

By default, you always will have the latest version based on your subscription. Quicken automatically downloads an update when it is available as long as your subscription is active.

Also, your activation code and expiration are tied to your Quicken.com account, not the specific software on your computer. It is the account that track as and manages what software will work on any computer. So you can install the software on as many computers as you like and all copies will be activated based on the status of your subscription membership, and all data files created with that software will be tied to your Quicken ID; that is the link between all of them.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi @ Brenda Wiggins ,

What @&nbsp
    smayer97 , wrote is correct.

That is what I see under Plan Details. My Auto-renew is set to Off.

If yours shows Auto-renew:On, you can click Turn Off auto-renew.

I answered the way I did, because I am not certain how long in Advance, you can have Quicken be active for. Quicken sells for Membership Subscriptions for 1 Year or 2 Year Term. Since prices or Costs goes up each year, I am not certain, if Quicken allows Users to buy Multiple Copies of Quicken and enter the Activation codes, beyond 2 Years or not.

Also, not certain which Quicken Flavor, you currently have installed.
    You stated that you purchased Quicken Premier from Amazon.

If you have Quicken Premier already installed, you can log into your Quicken.com Account through your Browser and at the top of the Page across from My Account, you will see your Quicken Premium Support Phone number that you can call be connected to right away.

> " Can I expect that a phone call to Quicken can get me satisfactory answers? I find this all so tiring."

You can call them.

edited December 2018

At the moment, any purchased activation codes do not expire. I do recall there being an official statement about a 6-month period enforced by the system. IIRC you can only enter an activation code within 6 months of expiry (I'm not sure how to track down that statement again). 

(The other possiblity is that the renewal have occurred at least 6 months ago, but I do not believe Quicken tracks that, only the expiration date, I do believe my original recollection is probably accurate.)

Maybe someone else can validate that.

This discussion has been closed.