Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)

Add Roth 401K to Paycheck Wizard After-Tax Deduction Section [edited] (7 Legacy Votes)

UnknownUnknown Member
I'd like to request a product enhancement for the 401k Employee Contribution Transfer form. I'd like to be able to use it for a Roth 401k in the After-Tax Deduction area of the Paycheck form similar to the one in the Pre-Tax Deduction area. Thanks.
5 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'm not sure I am familiar with the 401k Employee Contribution Transfer form. Can you post a screen capture showing the form? Be sure to redact any personal info.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018

As you see this is in the Pre-Tax Deductions area, however, there is not one in the After-Taxes Deduction section. Roth 401ks are After-Tax Deductions.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018

Picture of the After-Tax Deduction selections.image
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018

When filled in the paycheck shows an Employer Match line item.image
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Lloyd Busch
    I had the same issue with my paycheck.  Without a comparable Roth Contribution option in the After-tax section of the paycheck the employer match cannot be calculated.  I got around this by having a zero 401(k) contribution enabled in the Pretax section of the paycheck set up.  Then I used "Other after tax deduction" for the Roth Contribution.  Then it allowed me to put in the appropriate employer match .  The issue with this is that it gets messy with the zero pretax contributions.  You probably can give more details, but I think your idea is a good one, as Roth is getting more popular as time goes by.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I do the same thing but like you say it gets messy. Would be nice if Quicken could enhance this in their product.
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Yes, I do the same thing but like you say it gets messy. Would be nice if Quicken could enhance this in their product.

Well I think so too.  You submitted this idea, and hopefully it can be considered.  If more people did what you did, maybe Quicken can become the better product we want it to be.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I just found another dialog that would need adjustment for a ROTH 401k. I a checkbox or radio button set (like the Matching radio button set) could be added for Before Tax / After Tax selection in the Account Details dialog of the Investing Account.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• RBautistaRBautista Member
    This will be helpful. I can't believe the after-tax 401k deduction isn't incorporated yet. Surely this isn't a unique investment strategy.