TD US Credit Card support completely removed from Quicken...

I tried to download my transactions for my US TD Credit Card on Thursday and it failed.  So I went to the website to download the QFX.  That failed to import because Quicken did not recognize the bank.  I've been using this card with Quicken for a year now without issue and it worked fine 2 week prior.  I tried to redo the Express Web Connect and it was still failing.  After 2 days, "TD BankNorth - Credit Card" completely vanished from the available banks to select from.  I contacted support, and they had no idea what happened.  First they claimed that www.tdcardservices.com was Canadian.  I assured them that I've been using this for a year.  Ultimately, they asked me to check with TD...which I did first and they were not helpful.

What do I do now?  Whoever I spoke with at support could not even tell that it was removed, let alone explain why.

This is not the same issue as the previous post, that is about "TD Bank Online Banking - New". 

EDIT: for anyone looking for discussion of the problem with TD Bank Accounts Not Updating, go here instead:
https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/td-bank-accounts-not-updating

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello Rob. Appreciate your question.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Did you contact Quicken Support? I was unable to find a case for your call into us.

We can confirm that the TD BankNorth account was removed from Quicken. Have you tried using the TD Bank Online Banking - New account to see if you are able to access your credit cards?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • DTUSADTUSA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have the same problem. TD card services issued an announcement that they are still having issues with this as of November 2018. The only work around that I have found is to download a Quicken QIF (Not QFX) file from your TD Card Services website account and import that. You have to either have already created the TD Credit card account in Quicken or you will have to set a new one up.

• Rob TaftRob Taft Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Did you contact Quicken Support? I was unable to find a case for your call into us.

We can confirm that the TD BankNorth account was removed from Quicken. Have you tried using the TD Bank Online Banking - New account to see if you are able to access your credit cards?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I used the live chat feature last night.
    edited December 2018
    DTUSA said:

I have the same problem. TD card services issued an announcement that they are still having issues with this as of November 2018. The only work around that I have found is to download a Quicken QIF (Not QFX) file from your TD Card Services website account and import that. You have to either have already created the TD Credit card account in Quicken or you will have to set a new one up.

The last time I used it successfully was Nov 23rd.  I haven't tried QIF yet, that was the next step I was going to try if I got no answers from anyone.
    edited December 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Yes I did try using TD Bank, it works for my checking but not my credit card.  They are completely different websites, completely different FIDs.
  • Chad PolandChad Poland Member
    edited December 2018
    I am having the same issue. TD Credit Card stopped downloading a couple of weeks ago and it gone from the list of options.  QFX doesn't work and QIF doesn't work either because quicken says it will not import QIF into a credit card account.  I suppose I could set up as a different kind of account and trick it.  In any case I had to sit here last night and enter lots of transactions manually.  Not terribly pleased.  Hope it is resolved...soon.  Wrote to TD customer service and haven't heard anything.

edited December 2018
    Just got a automated email from Quicken suggesting this is a Quicken configuration problem.  I have been using Quicken for a very very long time.  I am quite certain that it is not a configuration problem, but I will call the number and see what they say.  Has anyone else gotten this email.  What has been the outcome?  How can I configure it any differently, if the right financial service is simply not on the list?
    edited December 2018
    I think someone spammed a bunch of threads, the post is gone now.
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

I think someone spammed a bunch of threads, the post is gone now.

Contacted Quicken and they told me that TD Bank is the one who determines what domains are available.  I have now contacted TD bank, again, and see what they have to say.
    edited December 2018
    TD Credit Card Services latest response... "Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with help for Quicken."
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

TD Credit Card Services latest response... "Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with help for Quicken."

I got the same.  I think the solution is further up the food chain.  Someone from the quicken development team needs to contact the IT folks at TD.  I wont hold my breath.
  • edited December 2018
    Having same problem.  o are we saying that Quicken does not support TD Credit cards downloads?  Well, isn't that special.
    edited December 2018
    I got tired of waiting for this to get fixed.  Here is a workaround.  Download your QFX file.  Open it in Wordpad.  Change the FID and INTU.BID values to another valid number and save, which you can get from another CC QFX if you have one.  (I used 17154 which doesn't have active webconnect but QFX only).  Link the account when you open it to your TD CC.  You will have to do this EVERY time you import a QFX.
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

I got tired of waiting for this to get fixed.  Here is a workaround.  Download your QFX file.  Open it in Wordpad.  Change the FID and INTU.BID values to another valid number and save, which you can get from another CC QFX if you have one.  (I used 17154 which doesn't have active webconnect but QFX only).  Link the account when you open it to your TD CC.  You will have to do this EVERY time you import a QFX.

I will have to try that.  I am dreading manual entry as we run just about everything through our TD card for the reward points.  Did you use 17154 for both the FID and INTU.BID values?  I actually haven't opened it yet to know what this is going to look like.  I have been harassing TD a bit asking them to please pass the concern on to the right department.  Credit Card Customer service has no idea what we are talking about nor do they have any capacity to fix the problem.  Only the web development team.  If your suggestion doesn't work for me I may have to just stop using the card for regular purchases...or find another money management program though choices seem limited.  Thanks for the suggestion I will post here again and let folks know if it works for me.
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

yes, replace both with the same ID.  It's pretty easy to read XML.  That ID will show up as State Farm Bank on the Online Services tab, and if you try to do an auto update, it just takes you to statefarm.com.  I did a few of these today to catch up.  I type everything in anyway and use the QFX to reconcile and track things I don't have receipts for.  I occassionally find discrepancies, usually with Advanced Auto Parts if you order online and pick up in store, and sometimes when they manually type it into the CC machine.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

BTW, the complete list of valid INTU.BID numbers is found in your copy of Quicken. You will need to look for the FIDIR.TXT file located in hidden Quicken folders.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

That worked perfectly.  Thank you.  That is going to be a great time saver.  It would be nice if it actually got fixed but I can manage this once a month if I have to.
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

So, now that I have looked at the FIDIR document, can I take the id numbers that are in the QFX file by default and add a line into the FIDIR for www.tdcardservices?  Will this work and will this get overwritten/removed when Quicken updates financial information.  I am just wondering if can bypass editing the QFX file each month by editing the FIDIR directly.  Didn't know if this would work or if it would be permanent.
  • John WolfsonJohn Wolfson Member
    edited December 2018
    TD Card Services was the institution that was linked in Quicken - it has nothing to do with TD North Bank.  I called TD and they told me that you couldn't link their credit card to that bank.  Perhaps Quicken and TD CARD SERVICES could actually talk and resolve this for the users.
    edited December 2018

TD Card Services was the institution that was linked in Quicken - it has nothing to do with TD North Bank.  I called TD and they told me that you couldn't link their credit card to that bank.  Perhaps Quicken and TD CARD SERVICES could actually talk and resolve this for the users.

That has been our hope, but I don't think either one wants to start the conversation.  I have repeated contacted both with the same results.  Blaming the other company.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Rob Taft said:

No. The FIDIR.TXT is just a lookup file that Quicken uses as a first look to compare the QFX file. I do not know the exact comparison process but the change has to be made in the QFX file each time.  

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • Cathy Diotte ScottCathy Diotte Scott Member
    edited December 2018
    I also wrote TDA credit card services and after two days got the rote answer they couldn't help. I think this is a pain and I can't believe with all of us having issues neither TDA Credit card and Quicken are taking any proactive steps to resolve this issue....
  • GlennDGlennD Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    I have written a 2nd "request" to TD Card Services (which I am sure will go nowhere).  I used the workaround you stated (downloaded the QFX file, open the file, and switching the FID and INTU.BID values to 17154), and then linked my TD account in Quicken to "State Farm Bank Credit Card".

What that tells me is TD Card Services' FID/INTU.BID value - 15042 - is no longer valid for Quicken.  Assuming TD gets back to me, I will need to tell them to escalate to their web/Quicken team and fix their FID value used for their QFX download... assuming they know how to speak Quicken.

• Mark O'MalleyMark O'Malley Member
    edited January 9
    Still not working DEC 29 . I was going to update my Quicken Software but now will look for another option...    Any suggestions?
    edited December 2018

Still not working DEC 29 . I was going to update my Quicken Software but now will look for another option...    Any suggestions?

Hello Mark. Appreciate your question.

We have not received any new information about the issues with TD Bank.

I would try the TD Bank Online Banking - New account. If you get any errors, please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited December 2018

Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885].
    edited December 2018

TD Bank website is not the same as TDCreditCard
    TDBANKNORTH.com versus TDCARDSERVICES.com
    edited December 2018

Hello Mark. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I would reach out to TD Bank's Online Services group at 877-284-4037.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • GlennDGlennD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I found a recent copy of the FIDIR.TXT file on my computer (updated yesterday at 12:33am), and the FID entry 15042 does not exist in the file whatsoever.  It seems one side dropped the ball.

Someone did post a workaround on manually updating the QFX file and replace the FID and INTU.BID values to a "valid" number... but that will get old really quick.
    edited December 2018
    GlennD said:

I found a recent copy of the FIDIR.TXT file on my computer (updated yesterday at 12:33am), and the FID entry 15042 does not exist in the file whatsoever.  It seems one side dropped the ball.

Someone did post a workaround on manually updating the QFX file and replace the FID and INTU.BID values to a "valid" number... but that will get old really quick.

Hello GlennD. Appreciate your question.

We recommend to NOT update the fidir.txt manually because it could have issues with downloads. If you notice that there is an issue with the entries that are not correct. Please Report a Problem in Quicken (Help > Report a Problem) so that our development team can look into these entries and update the file as needed so that the corrected bank information is available to all users of the software.

Thank you in advance for reporting this information.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.