Quicken is having trouble connecting to TIAA Bank - over a week of this issue

I'm using Quicken 2016 H&B R18.4 Build 25.1.18.4. Last weekend I started getting a connection error when updating three TIAA Bank accounts. It went on all week so today, I deactivated all three accounts and attempted to set up online services again. After I enter my credentials, I get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)  Quicken is having trouble connecting to TIAA Bank."
I also tried removing the bank name and account number from one account and then setting up online services again where I had to choose the institution name. It failed in the same manner.

Who can resolve this? Quicken or TIAA Bank?

Comments

• Lou VenemaLou Venema Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled TIAA Problem downloading transactions.

Most of this week I have been getting "During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [CC-505]." I tried a reset today of the account and I received a message that Quicken could not reset the account and to contact Quicken Support. 

Quicken Support, please fix this issue.

Thanks,

Lou
  • NJSNJS Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm having the same problems between Quicken and TIAA BANK.  NOTE TIAA Bank is different than TIAA.org

TIAA Bank customer service tells you to call Quicken.

I'm on 2017 Home and Business R17.4
  • shotgunzshotgunz Member
    edited December 2018
    Same issue here, except Quicken says TIAA is blocking Quicken.

Taking bets on how long it will take Quicken to resolve this issue.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

I attempted to add an account with TIAA Bank to my personal data file, using fake login credentials and instead of receiving the correct error response of CC-503 for invalid login credentials, I also received a CC-555 error code.

This led me to investigate deeper and review the OFX Log (Help > Log Files), which details the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution servers.  I was able to locate the internal error message and confirm that TIAA Bank is currently blocking third party aggregator access as seen in the highlighted sections of the screenshot below.

Blocks in connection such as this are typically caused by site or system maintenance and are temporary.  Please allow up to 48 hrs and then attempt to update/add accounts again.  If the error persists for longer than 48 hours, we recommend contacting the Financial Institution directly for further assistance as this is not an error that Quicken Support or our Service Providers is able to resolve.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • edited December 2018

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

I attempted to add an account with TIAA Bank to my personal data file, using fake login credentials and instead of receiving the correct error response of CC-503 for invalid login credentials, I also received a CC-555 error code.

This led me to investigate deeper and review the OFX Log (Help > Log Files), which details the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution servers.  I was able to locate the internal error message and confirm that TIAA Bank is currently blocking third party aggregator access as seen in the highlighted sections of the screenshot below.

Blocks in connection such as this are typically caused by site or system maintenance and are temporary.  Please allow up to 48 hrs and then attempt to update/add accounts again.  If the error persists for longer than 48 hours, we recommend contacting the Financial Institution directly for further assistance as this is not an error that Quicken Support or our Service Providers is able to resolve.

Thank you,

Sarah

Thank you, Sarah. I've contacted TIAA Bank to let them know.

To everyone following this thread - TIAA seemed unaware of this issue. Please pile on and contact TIAA (1-888-882-3837) to let them know you are having this problem. Strength in numbers!
  • NJSNJS Member
    edited December 2018
    Quicken is now giving me the response - "We couldn't complete the download for your account(s) because your financial
    institution has blocked access to Quicken. Unfortunately, we are unable to
    resolve this issue until your financial institution removes the block from their
    servers."

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now... I am also calling TIAA BANK
    edited December 2018
    One step update worked yesterday for TIAA but today it is back to CC-505. The error report says "
    1. If the update is not successful, try again the next business
      day. If the problem persists for more than a few days, contact Quicken
      Support
      for assistance. Your financial institution cannot resolve this
      issue."
    Still waiting for for a fix for this problem.
    Thanks,
    Lou

Update: I tried to contact Quicken Support as instructed in the error report. I clicked on the link and get this message: Not Found The requested URL /support/quicken/olerror/errorinfo.html was not found on this server.

Oh well....
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

One step update worked yesterday for TIAA but today it is back to CC-505. The error report says "

Support
      issue."
    Thanks,
    Lou

Update: I tried to contact Quicken Support as instructed in the error report. I clicked on the link and get this message: Not Found The requested URL /support/quicken/olerror/errorinfo.html was not found on this server.

Oh well....
    Of COURSE it wasn't found ... that's not a full URL.  Your missing, for starters the website name and domain (i.e., quicken.com).
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NJSNJS Member
    edited December 2018
    Same experience as Lou above.  It worked yesterday (for the first time in a week or two). Today its back to not working.

Sarah - has Quicken made any progress with TIAA Bank?
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Support
      issue."
    Thanks,
    Lou

Oh well....
    It's a relative URL. It would work if the page existed, which it does not. The link above goes to intuit.com and is no longer valid in any case. Lou is just quoting the error message it presents.

http://www.dirigodev.com/blog/seo-web-best-practices/relative-vs-absolute-urls-seo/

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • Lloyd YoungLloyd Young Member
    edited December 2018
    Was just told by a TIAA support person that TIAA no longer supports Quicken. When asked if there was a reason why, no answer was given.
  • edited December 2018

Was just told by a TIAA support person that TIAA no longer supports Quicken. When asked if there was a reason why, no answer was given.

You may have been given bad information. Downloads have been working for me since Tuesday evening.
  • Lloyd YoungLloyd Young Member
    edited December 2018

Downloads from their website or from Quicken? Downloads from website still work for me but downloads initiated from Quicken via Express Web Connect do not work.
    edited December 2018

TIAA seems to be working now, I have downloaded every day since late last week using express web connect.Thanks to whoever fixed it.
This discussion has been closed.