Problems with transactions disappearing in 2019 R15.18 build 27.1.15.18

I have started noticing over the last 2-3 weeks that when I open Quicken that transactions I have entered previously are no longer in my register. It happens to 3-4 transactions (that I have found) each time. It deletes both cleared and reconciled items as well as uncleared. I am starting to regret paying for the upgrade as this is the buggy-ist version of Quicken I have ever seen. 

Comments

• Peg ReedPeg Reed Member
    edited December 2018
    I just suddenly lost transactions myself and there is an annoying blank transaction that Quicken wants to save, and now the file is not backing up correctly.

I am getting the following message that says I have to download Quicken 2004!
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Do you do Manual Backups after making changes to Quicken?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • edited December 2018
    I haven't received any error messages in association with my issue. I only notice it because my balances do not match what is recorded by the services.
  • edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Yes, I back up transactions regularly, but when I open the recent backups, the transactions are still gone.
    edited December 2018
    Peg Reed said:

I just suddenly lost transactions myself and there is an annoying blank transaction that Quicken wants to save, and now the file is not backing up correctly.

I am getting the following message that says I have to download Quicken 2004!

Hi @ Peg Reed ,

You jumped on a thread started, that isn't related to your problem and post without giving your Quicken information. See this Article:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

He is using a different version than you are using.

edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

How is your Register sorted? Is it sorted by Date?

• edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Yes. When transactions go missing, I also search all my transaction on payee and amount as well as scan the date ranges. I also find that when I then go to put the transactions back in, the autofill pops up with the payee and the amount of the missing transaction.
    edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

What version of Quicken was previously installed, other than Quicken 2018 version?

Download Glary Utilities from https://www.glarysoft.com/
    You can use it free.

Run 1-Click Maintenance with Disk Check, checked and see if you have File System Errors. Restart to fix. It also scans for Spyware.

How many Registers do you have? Has the Computer crashed lately?

What operating system? See this Article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

• edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Whatever was the latest version of 2018 was what was installed when I upgraded to 2019. Before that it was either 2016 or 2015 installed. I upgraded at the end of October but didn't notice this problem until November 24th or so, some of the transactions that I had put in between 11/22-24 disappeared.

I will try the software tomorrow and let you know what it discovers.

I have multiple accounts but I have only noticed transactions in my checking and main credit card disappearing; however, those are my two most heavily used accounts, so it could just be because I haven't been entering transactions in the other accounts as much.

I use Windows 10 Home version 1803 (OS Build 17134.228)
    edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Thanks for the operating system information.

It appears that you may have a bigger problem than Quicken.

The latest Build for your version of Windows is Build 17134.441.

Try opening Settings > Update and Security > Check for Updates.

You have a lot of missing Updates to install.

Are transfers involved?

• edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

The Windows build level should not be an issue as Quicken certainly can't manage compatibility with that level of OS build detail. Run 'Winver' to find the build level. My OS is Windows 10 version 1803 build level 17134.407 which does have all the latest patches installed. You are referring to the Windows 10 1809 aka Fall 2018 Windows update which Microsoft released then pulled and re-released.
    Could he have a malware issue? Maybe.
  • Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I haven't received any error messages in association with my issue. I only notice it because my balances do not match what is recorded by the services.

@John Armstrong: are you using Quicken's mobile or web features?
    edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Hi @ David Goodrich ,

No, I am talking about 17134.441, that is not the Fall 2018 Release, The Fall Release Build is 17763.134 currently.
  • edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

Yes you are correct. Sorry. 17134 is 1803. And yes 17134.441 was released on 12/11. Should we really be telling someone that the problem is caused by them not applying the latest Microsoft patch? That's the point.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10/release-information
  • mark careymark carey Member
    edited December 2018

Hi @ John Armstrong ,

this is not the first time.  it is happening again even with 2019 recent update.  for some reason they just disappear and the validate crappy response from chat support is of no help.  something is wrong.  when i reconcile the transactions don't appear that i know i entered.  Maybe it has to do with the entry of the transaction in the bills and income screen.  who knows but i tell you i am getting tired of having to reenter transactions, having inaccurate balance  information  and then have to hear "validate and repair" or go to a back up .  the problem is it doesn't happen on every transaction.  Someone fix it already 
  • Trae WigginsTrae Wiggins Member
    edited January 26
    I have a similar problem.  The same 5 transactions disappeared in a reconciled/closed account that were entered from a paycheck.  The transaction is entered in the form of a paycheck in my checking.  The Employer Match in the Paycheck shows the correct amount but the account it is linked to seems to be be dropping the last 5 entries from the Employer Match in the IRA account.  I have reconciled the transactions and keep re-entering them but after a little while, the transactions disappear and the IRA account then shows a negative balance.  I have to open the paycheck, go to the Edit button on the Employer Match and click ok and save for the entries to reappear in the IRA account.  After doing that, the balance evens out for a bit until they disappear again.
This discussion has been closed.